“September 2012”

La Scarpetta da Mario
Ranked #36 of 373 Restaurants in Corralejo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“September 2012”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Visit this restuarant every holiday can't fault food in any all the specials are worth every penny and Mario explains all the dishes

3 Thank Gcelliott

Witney
“Very nice food”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Me and my partner had dinner at La Scarpetta in September 2012, he had a lovely steak and I had seafood raviolli. Mario recommended nice wine to go with our meal. Desert (tiramisu) was heavenly too. If I must criticise something then it was little crostini served as an entree - we thought it was left out and got a bit moist. A bit more expensive place to eat but we both thought it was worth it.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank DanaOWitney
Dublin Ireland
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Had a lovely quiet meal here. I had pasta which was delicious and my boyfriend had steak which was perfectly cooked. I had the chocolate cupcake with vanilla ice cream - it was amazing!!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Cait08
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We tried La Scarpetta aftet reading the reviews on Trip Advisor - We had like a tomato bruschetta and a selection of parma ham and salami for starters which we really nice, the selection of parma ham and salami were the best I've had in a long time!

For our mains my boyfriend had spinach and ricotta pasta which he enjoyed, however there wasn't a lot of it on the plate - maybe 10/12 pieces, for the price I would expect a little more. For my main I had fillet steak with peppercorn sauce. The steak was cooked to perfection and the sauce was amazing!

When ordering steak you can choose from whatever sauce you like which the chef then makes for you, which I think is a nice gesture.

I would definitely reccommend this place for steaks!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank alicn
Belfast, United Kingdon
“Great meat, fish disappointing”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Having eaten here on our last trip, we enjoyed coming back as a group of four, including one who eats fish, but not meat. Mario the owner gives a mouth-watering description of how each of the specials is sourced and prepared.

For starters the piece de resistance was the tuna tail - quickly cooked then drenched in ice to stop the cooking. The result is a cold dish of sliced tuna (slices say 5cm across) cooked on the outer edge but then red in the centre. A great dish. The prawn and fish rissoles in orange sauce were a bit ordinary, unlike our last trip when prawns were served in an orange sauce which was spectacular.

The main course fish (grouper) was firm but without a great deal of flavour and the sauce thin and dull.the meat eaters chose a remarkable dish of beef rolled with ham, with cheese inside. It was rather heavy going but tasty. Everyone was served dauphinoise potatoes in a square block which looked lovely but had little flavour. It was as if chef forgot to add the garlic!

Wines were nothing if not unusual. We were recommended a frizzante - a lightly sparkling wine.we had both a Sauvignon and a red cabernet. Great pedigree in terms of organic etc but not really to our taste.

I think we will return on a future visit, but for this years holiday the up-market restaurant getting the second visit in a week is the excellent Dovela, run by an eccentric Basque guy.

• Visited August 2012