“Penny Lane....getting away from Firemen & Bankers.”
Review of Penny Lane

Penny Lane
Ranked #82 of 384 Restaurants in Corralejo
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Here's an Oasis if ever there was......

Having arisen at 4am on a wet Wednesday in order to fly to Fuerteventura, it was now approx. 2pm in the afternoon as we swung left from our comfortable ‘Caleta Playa’ apartments into the next adjacent street from the beach.

Hunger is calling & is top of our agenda.

The very first Café/Bar we encounter is the ‘Penny Lane’……...& as I hail from Liverpool I deem this to be a vision of Biblical proportions & to ignore would be complete folly…..It’s a “Sign” I dramatically announce to my wife.

She is in no mood for any of my “Life of Brian” shenanigans & replies curtly; “I’m starving…anywhere will do”….I’ll leave the “thousand mile stare” to your own imagination at this point. (you KNOW the one guys).

We enter & are promptly served by Gary who is pleasant & unmistakably from the London area with an accent that could easily “Blow the bloody doors off”, (if you get my drift ?).

We order, & both elect for the ‘Small breakfast’, bacon, egg, sausage, beans & toast plus a glass of fresh Orange juice……..all for change out of 4 euro. (!?) gulp.

Great grub. Just the ticket. We espied that they do roast dinners on a Thursday & Sunday too…..so we returned the following evening to check that out….it was just what the doctor ordered. Cost; 10 Euro (including Bread & Butter pudding). Result. All delicious.

Needless to say we ended up there Sunday too.

All the staff are uber-friendly & know exactly “What’s What” & “What’s Not” on the Island with impartiality plus more importantly, with a sense of humour.

& All beneath blue, sunny (but not suburban) skies too. (!!) :-)

2  Thank IfanyonecanMaccacan

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely cooked breakfast here.friendly guy who owned it,nothing was too much trouble.good value for money.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had breakfast at Penny Lane everyday of our recent holiday. It was brilliant. The staff are a mine of information on what's going on, so don't miss out!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Went to penny lane on the last day of my holiday with family and enjoyed a lovely atmosphere along with excellent service. Home-cooked food was hot and everything we ordered was delicious. Would definatly recommend this restaurant to everyone who visits corralejo 10/10. Wish we would of visited on our first night as the staff were very attentive and gave us lots of really good information about things to do and places to go during our holiday.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nothing to dislike about this place. Pleasant staff and good food. Quick service. Try Sunday roast with Bread and Butter pudding, delicious. If you want to be reminded of home, go here.