“Superb”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have eaten here many times over the years the food has always been excellent. the service and friendliness of this family run restaurant is just great. Thank You Juan, Ana and the staff.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had a wonderfull meal, I went for lamb and husband had mixed kebab,

Although it was the first time we had been their you will receive a warm friendly greeting.

Food was excellent, service superb, very well priced

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I dined at La Taberna last night, with one of my friends from County Westmeath. Juan, the proprietor, was absent due to an important engagement (The Real Madrid soccer match!).

Nevertheless, the staff recognised me and suggested a good table at the window. As I intimated on a previous post, customers are afforded considerable courtesy at this fine little place.

The cutlery gleams; table-cloths are spotless; cloth napkins are used; and, not least, service is friendly and respectful.

During our meal, the waitress approached me to apprise me of a personal message from Juan himself, sending his compliments.

As was customary, very fresh, warmed, bread rolls were offered with their sublime alioli.

We ordered a bottle of Spanish white wine.

Cognizant that steak is a speciality at La Taberna, I ordered the beef fillet in Roquefort sauce. My partner chose the Beef Stroganoff.

My steak was medium-rare and completely lean - not one morsel of fat. It was served with thinly-cut saute game chips and their signature ramekin of home-made coleslaw.

We were given some complimentary Ron Miel liqueur prior to our departure.

1  Thank Tim B
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice place, clean and tidy, excellent facilities and reasonably price. Recommended to all. Would definitely go there again.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had our last night here and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves the paela was soooo tasty! Freshly cooked to perfection! Not too expensive and the house Rioja was smooth and reasonable! Would definitely go back but don't have time, will recommend to friends coming here though!