“Delicious gourmet ice cream in the heart of Corralejo”
Review of Secreto del Sur

Secreto del Sur
Ranked #4 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Corralejo
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Icecream parlour, Coffee shop, Beachfood
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My friend had recommended Secreto del Sur's ice cream to my husband and me.

We only stopped for ice cream, so we cannot comment on other services. We had a half litre tub filled with chocolate, dulce de leche and white chocolate flavours. It was a lot of ice cream but it was delicious. My least favorite of the flavours tried was the white chocolate as it didn't taste of very much apart from a delicious 'nata' ice cream.

The lady behind the bar was friendly and the place itself is located on the high street in Corralejo. There is plenty of outdoor seating in the shade and in the sun, if one wishes. The cafe had a wide range of gourmet ice cream and sorbet flavours available, as well as coffee, fresh juices, smoothies and snacks.

The ice cream is a bit pricey but you're paying for high quality ice cream.

The perfect remedy on a hot day!

Reviewed September 21, 2011

The desserts here are absolutely fantastic - especially the Copa Chocolate - big brownie wedge, and 3 types of ice cream (really recommend the nutella one!) I also tried the alfajores, and brought some home to my Peruvian mum who said they were delicious - and she's a tough judge!

The juices were great - the only thing I had which I didn't like was 'The King of Smoothies' - it was the worst flavour I have ever tried!

Reviewed September 9, 2011

We visited Secreto del Sur on our first night in Corralejo for ice creams on our way back to the apartment. Then called in every night for the rest of our holiday! Didn't do the waist line much good but my sons, husband and myself tried a variety of ice cream flavours and didn't find one we didn't like. Would recommend the coconut, chocolate blanc, and striatazella (not sure that's spelt right). Service is good though can be a bit manic when it is busy, reasonably priced (1.60 euros for una bola, which is in fact 2 scoops) and an ideal place to stop on your way back up the hill! Only critism would be too many yummy ice creams to chose from . . . maybe just need a longer holiday next time.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Pretty much one of the very few places with your 'average healthy' looking foods. Don't expect a real meal here unless you want to have a meal of snacks. Haven't really tried much of the food, but my friend highly recommended it. He would eat there for brekky before heading out to train for kiting. I did try their carrot cake which was very good, but the counter girls are slower than Spanish surfers! And that's sloooow. Doesn't take 15 minutes to peel off an already baked cake on to a plate sweetcheeks. Otherwise, probably can get really good food for lesser price off the main street.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

This little cafe is a gem, right in the middle of the main street. Go and enjoy delicious ice-cream and brownies to die for with a cafe cortado and just watch the world go by,you won't be disappointed!