“Lovely staff and great food”

La Tahona - Corralejo
Ranked #90 of 371 Restaurants in Corralejo
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Lovely staff and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had a lovely meal at La Tahona, they were very friendly and welcoming and loved the fact you could see your meal being cooked.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank henryhounddog

Reading, United Kingdom
“Good to go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We had three meals at Tahona on this visit. It was very windy so we ate inside, enjoyed the tapas twice, with garlic bread and a bottle of red wine, very good value at 25 Euros. Had another meal off the menu, main course Mexican chicken and sweet plus bottle of red. Very good meal.
Good to see Loupie and staff once again.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We found out about this place after chatting with the lifeguard at our apartments - as it is owned and run by her aunt and uncle. The welcome was lovely and Sergio and Lupe are running a fantastic place - a real family affair. The food is excellent with the restaurant specialising in flambe steaks etc. The restaurant is on Music Square, so you have free live music to listen to - which is different to the musak of other restaurants. On our evening we had a guy doing alot of Dire Straits covers - but is was enjoyable. Highly recommend a vist!

Visited May 2013
Warminster, United Kingdom
“Excellent !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We have been going to Corralejo for many years on holiday, we always said we should try this restaurant but never did until this trip, and wow wewere shocked at how great the meals and service are. we had fillet steak and the swordfish could not believe the size of both the meals!! and only costing 9.90 euro each meal!! very friendly staff. a must to try when you go to Corralejo .

• Visited May 2013
Dublin
“worst eating experience ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I ate here with a party of nine on our holidays on April 4th. I must start by saying that the girl who is hired to encourage people to eat here was lovely....bubbly and bright, but that is where the good experience started and ended. I had two tapas, paella and a small steak. Both were awful. The paella tasted vile and when I smelled it, it was obvious it had gone off. The steak also tasted strange and like the paella I was afraid to take more than a bite of it. Several of our party ordered steaks as mains and likewise were unable to eat them, as they too tasted like they had gone off. We explained to two staff that the food was inedible, but the language barrier made it difficult for us to try and explain how bad the food really tasted. I actually asked the staff to smell the paella, but don't know if they did. It had a terrible sour smell and as shellfish is often in paella I was genuinely worried that I would get ill. Thankfully I didn't and neither did any of our party, although the next day...to put it delicately....i spent more time than usual in the bathroom.
The staff we complained to genuinely seemed surprised that we had complained about the food and even replaced one of the steaks, but it was also deemed inedible. We asked for the bill, as we just wanted out of there. I was concerned that perhaps one of their fridges was malfunctioning and that is why the food tasted off.
In the end they deducted the price of some tapas and a steak from the bill, but it still came to 156 euro for food most of us could not eat. I have holidayed in Corrajelo half a dozen times and eaten in a vast number of restaurants and I must say La Tahona looks inviting and is a busy spot.
But on the night we dined there, something was definitely not right. If this happened in a restaurant in my own town where language was not a barrier I would have made my concerns known to the health authorities, as I was really worried that the food could make us ill.
I hope they recognise that we were genuine people, who love our food and rarely complain, but in this instance it was just too serious not to say something,

• Visited April 2013