“Visit El Andaluz!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We never tire of visiting El Andaluz. Birgit and Manolo and new waitress Shayla do a great job
as always the food is excellent and atmosphere of friends and patrons always a pleasant treat.They really are the best garlic prawns on the island! Steak great quality and lamb just
perfect both cooked as ordered. The dessert of Cava and raspberry sorbet is just the perfect
end to a very pleasant evening. The flan is also a great favourite of ours. Remember you
must book a few days in advance, if possible even before you arrive... Closed Sundays.

1  Thank philnlil1

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have been to Andaluz numarous times and have always come away satisfied with the service, food and price. It is more expensive than some other restataunts but you alway get value for money.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This restaurant is the best corralejo has to offer. Excellent food and brilliant service. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

After coming across El Andaluz on a 'gluten - free' website; I was keen to go whilst on holiday in Corralejo with my family, as my dad and brothers have ceolaics.

We planned to go on a Sunday night - but it was closed! But we did go back on Tuesday night, and we were not disappointed. We were a group of 6, and the waitresses made us a nice table outside to sit at. There was no 'gluten - free' menu as such, but when informing the waitress, she was fully aware of the intolerance and exactly what items on the menu were ok. They were very accommodating and let my dad and brothers mix and match, to suit their intolerance.

Between us as a group we had the special of spicy prawn kebab, the chorizo, and an avocado salad to start. All were absolutely gorgeous! Then for mains, we had steak, the special of chicken wrapped in serano ham, and the pork medallions; all were once again really tasty! Some of us had pudding; which was really good too.

Before our dinner we enjoyed a lovely aperaitif, similar to a kir royal. During our dinner we had some lovely white wine, which the waitress was informative about, and then with our bill came some grapefruit vodka - which was so smooth and flavorsome!

The restaurant was lovely, the tables were dressed beautifully, it made the whole experience of eating out enjoyable as the restaurant was aware of ceolaic disease, and last but not least, the food was brilliant!

If I was ever to return to Corralejo I would most definitely re-visit El Andaluz!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a small place, with a few tables outside and even fewer inside. All outside tables were reserved, but luckily they still had a table inside. Inside it's is simple but very clean, fresh, fun and the word "cute" springs to mind.

A lot of restaurants in Corralejo have everything on the menu, from Chinese to 'tipico espagnol', but the menu over here is reassuringly small, although I think they still have something for everyone on there. Saw a few other people having something that looked like steak and chips. While I have no doubts that they will have enjoyed that, I don't think those dishes do the cook's skills enough justice. In my opinion you're much better off with one of their specialties or even better the menu of the day which also represents excellent value. We chose that and certainly didn't regret it. The ingredients might not have been that special, but all the courses, well in fact _everything_ we tasted here from the olive oil to the wine was excellent. This chef really knows what he's doing!

Fortunately, the chef isn't the only one who knows what he's doing. His wife Birgit runs the front of house with a lot of charm and wit (in multiple languages) while remaining professional and efficient at the same time.

I really can't recommend this place highly enough. Sure, the menu might not win a Michelin star but if you like dining instead of stuffing yourself I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Delicious food, excellent service, even the price is great. I just wish more restaurants were like this.

We had a truly wonderful evening, I can safely say our visit to El Andaluz was one of the highlights of our trip.