“cheap and cheerfull , but pay a bit more”
Review of Alisios Playa

Alisios Playa
Ranked #31 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“cheap and cheerfull , but pay a bit more”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Basic hotel , with basic food. its ok if you are after a basic hotel. most of the bad reviews are correct in what they say about service and food .limited staff who job share so service is not great , and several rules you have to follow , like no glass next to the pool , fine , but not allowed to fill up glasses up with cold water when you are having a meal , having to use small plastic cups and fill them up several time instead. you have to clean up after yourself as in clearing the tables and scraping your waste food into a dirty bin, and putting your plates knives and forks in a bowl of water.

No service on tables at all. all 4 staff do all the jobs from reception to the bar , but normally there only one or at most 2 people around to serve you.but they are normally busy doing something.

.Hotel is a bit run down ,squeaking beds could do with replacing and no mattress protectors. Cleaners are not good they only clean every few days if you are lucky , towels were changed every few days and the bed changed 3 to 4 days which was not good.Cleaner came to our apartment while we were there but we were just about to go ou,t so we took the keys said goodbye to her and left her to do the cleaning, on our return later that evening we found out the front doors and patio doors were left unlocked !

There had been 2 break ins to the lower apartments while we were there , they got through the bathroom window , they stole cameras and ipads and cash so be warned.one guest had only arrived went for evening meal and came back to find out the ipad and cash had gone great start to a holiday.

We did find a couple of cockroaches in our bathroom which we promptly caught and destroyed. dead cockroaches were out side on the paths too.

Ok its cheap basic hotel but there are standards !!! We will not be going back there , its your holiday so just pay that little bit extra and get a better hotel, that what i wished we had done.

Room Tip: top apartment only near back is quietest
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank monty2013314

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Polish first
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We went as a group me and my boyfriend and 3 of her friends making it 5 of us the food was terrible flys landed on there simply because there was no food covers to go over the food for some reason the rooms were ok we had 2 rooms 3 in one room with terry being on the floor and me and boyfriend in the other room which were to single beds that you had to join together we came across a few cockroaches on our stay which weren't to nice at all towel changes were frequent enough every 4 days apparently then another one 2days after bare in mind there was 5 of us we only had 4 towels there was also rumours of maids/hotel being in on the break in's of people's room which made us very edgy as we had friends that we made out there who had there apartment broken into the day before we left which was really sad the service of the hotel was so bad they couldn't offer them a room despite them being in some stress so we offered them to stay in our apartment making it 9 in a flat which was very packed but its always nice to help others out generally it was baking in the apartment had 3 dingy fans which had all old dust on them which meant there was old dust flying round the room at all times don't TRUST THIS HOTEL SEEMS ABIT TOO DODGY other than that gran can was nice

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank 141514131211109876

Travelers are raving about these Corralejo hotels

Liverpool
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I'm surprised by the negative reviews for the Alisios Playa. You must take into account the fact that the rates are reasonable (cheap) and there is absolutely no point comparing it to more expensive accommodation in Corralejo.

This place is clean, friendly, quiet but also central. I was self-catering so can't comment on the food but no-else seemed to have a complaint about it.

There is no A/C but my room had a powerful fan, which did the job.

I've stayed in 5 hotels/apartments in Corralejo at a range of prices, and I've found little difference in quality between the lot of them, so why not go for the most reasonably priced (cheapest!). Having said that, I know that if my wife had been with me, she'd have hated it, as my ground floor room was poolside and so the terrace wasn't exactly the most private. Still, I'm sure you can ask for a first floor apartment if the lack of privacy bothers you.

I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Alisios Playa.

Room Tip: More privacy in first floor apartments.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank stevemal
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have recently returned from a 7 night stay in the Alisios Playa Apartments with my Fiance and close friend and I seriously would not recommend this place to anyone!

We arrived at 9pm to a very unattractive, dingy reception area (if you could call it that) where ourselves, and 1 other couple waited 10 minutes to even be greeted by anyone, never mind checked in. We were then greeted by a very solemn looking lady who didn't smile once throughout our whole briefing!

We arrived at our upstairs apartment which was situated round the back of the complex (very quiet which we liked) and to be honest, the only positive point I can give about the apartment itself was the spacious, private balcony. We spent 10 minutes trying to open the door (unfortunately windows were like this too) before going into quite a spacious living area. The place in general needed refurbishing and a lick of paint, not to mention a lot of general maintenance but all in all not too bad. We stayed in a decent size bedroom which consisited of 2 single beds pushed together, 2 bedside tables, a dresser and small mirror and a large waldrobe with floor-to-ceiling mirrors. We also had a decent size bathroom.

Our friend stayed on the pull-out sofa bed in the living area which was broken with lats dropping out left, right and centre. During 1 morning of freak terrential rain our apartment flooded through our main door meaning my friend, who had to stay on a mattress on the floor woke up soaking wet!!! The cleanliness in the apartment was not good at all, the floors barely looked like they'd been swept never mind mopped, the bath had a rusty stain on, the cupboards in our kitchen all had missmatched door handles, 1 of the light switches had tissue paper stuffed into it to hide wires, the balcony hadnt been cleaned and even worse, we discovered a wrapper from a ladies sanitary towel lying on the floor beneath a unit! Disgusting! We were provided with 1 good sized fan for the 3 of us which didn't help keep the place cool at all.

The cleaner (who came little and often) did very minimal except make our beds (no clean sheets) and occasionaly leaving clean towels. No general cleaning was done. We were even left without any toilet roll for a whole day/night! These are things you should expect to be checked at all times. Just to nit pick I would also recommend to the Complex to get something to let the cleaner know whether you'd like your room cleaned or not (even just a cardboard door hanger to put onto the outside which most hotels have) as we were woken 1 morning by her coming in.

My last, and biggest complaint, was the food and serving area. I have seen nothing like this in my life! It was the size of a small cafe with a few plastic tables and chairs here and there. There was no instruction of what to do or where to sit so we were left to our own accord. There was 1 cook per day who, if I'm honest, was obviously struggling to keep up (and thats saying something as the place was empty). There was very little choice in food, and what food there was, was not cooked properly. 1 of our evening meals consisted of frozen oven chips, mushy fish and uncooked, hard rice with only the choice of ice cream for desert. Our main concern, after working with food for 2 years, was the hygiene in there. There were food and spillages all over with the use of utensils being shared amongst self service. There was a very small bin at the side in which we were all expected to scrape our plates into and then put our knifes and forks to steep and our plates in a pile. In this we even found a dirty nappy!!! As you can imagine the smell was rancid and to think they're even allowed that in a place of eating is beyond me. This absolutely disgusted us and we never again returned to eat in the restaurant meaning we spent an EXTRA 50eu each per day for our food on top of the extortianate prices we already payed to stay at this dump.

I am usually such a positive person (as are the others), but I am seriously struggling to say ANYTHING positive about this place, except its fantastic location to the main street.

Definately won't be returning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Daryl B
Winchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Me and my girlfriend and another couple stayed in this hotel last week. The hotel itself was good, it offers all inclusive or self catering. The food was pretty basic- the evening dinner being the worst but there was a variety of foods on offer. We found the staff very friendly and approachable especially William and Kathy.

However, on our last evening we were broken into! We came back after being away from the room for ten minutes eating dinner only to find our room completely turned upside down. Some of our belongings were broken and our valuables stolen including i pods, beat headphones, ray ban sunglasses, english money, hair straighteners, hats and few perfumes, aftershaves and even our room keys!!. Our friends even had their locked suitcase which had been hacked by a steak knife to be opened. The bathroom window had been kicked in (very safe!) which we reckon was their entrance and escape route.

After finding out and panicking about what had gone missing- we were only then informed that the previous week there had been a break in in another room in the hotel! This was obviously a very traumatic end to the week after all the money we had spent and lost. We are hoping we can claim this back on insurance! We were so relieved that they didn't steal our passports. After our room had been broken into we were not offered another room so we were purely grateful that we had met friends there so we could share a room with them and it ended up being 9 of us in a room.

Room Tip: Rooms were spacious and big and good lighting. However the easy access through the window because of...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Holly W
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Corralejo is a good resort and the apartments are within easy walking distance of everything.

We are not nit pickers and enjoy our holidays even when things don't always go to plan......the complex itself wasn't exactly what we were looking for with 3 children (2 teenagers) the pool area was a bit restricting. No inflatables and no jumping in....that being said I can understand why as the pool isn't very big. I did feel like my youngest had to behave himself and I did find myself telling him to quiet down stop being silly etc even though he was just being a kiddie on holiday.

Poolside, toilets etc all very clean. I will agree with some comments about the english lady. sadly I just think she couldn't be bothered to be friendly, she is however efficient always sweeping and cleaning......avoiding chatting.

Now the apartments.....we had to have 2 because of there being 5 of us which was fine as we have two teenagers. I guess if they had been younger we would have had to sleep separately (not my idea of a holiday ;) The apartments themselves were not very clean and very tired in need of a lick of paint and a good scrub. There are pigeons everywhere and there are wooden perches on top of all the balconies so you can imagine the poop everywhere!
Things were broken the bed and the shower was off the wall. And the water was VERY VERY hot!!!!!
On other holidays we have often gone back to the room especially when the children were younger, I would say we avoided going back to the room on this holiday.

You to get what you pay for however you should always get the basics cleanliness being top of the list.
It wasn't a cheap holiday for us as we had to have two apartments!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank 3Alycats
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Brilliant place very central to the town great for a base the staff are so friendly an very helpful ,we went self catering and this was great as there are three supermarkets within 2min walk an you are only 2mins of the main strip that goes into town 10 mins to the old town an chose of restaurant 's all an all thank you to all the staff that made this holiday great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family