Alisios Playa
  • Beachfront
$112
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsvolcano walkevery other daykiller poolpool barthese apartmentssmall complexthe main stripgreat holidaycheap holidaymeat dishesself catering apartmentapartment was very cleanmet some lovely peoplestayed all inclusivefew minutes walkbars and restaurantsplenty of sunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I'm surprised by the negative reviews for the Alisios Playa. You must take into account the fact that the rates are reasonable (cheap) and there is absolutely no point comparing it to more expensive accommodation in Corralejo.

This place is clean, friendly, quiet but also central. I was self-catering so can't comment on the food but no-else seemed to have a complaint about it.

There is no A/C but my room had a powerful fan, which did the job.

I've stayed in 5 hotels/apartments in Corralejo at a range of prices, and I've found little difference in quality between the lot of them, so why not go for the most reasonably priced (cheapest!). Having said that, I know that if my wife had been with me, she'd have hated it, as my ground floor room was poolside and so the terrace wasn't exactly the most private. Still, I'm sure you can ask for a first floor apartment if the lack of privacy bothers you.

I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Alisios Playa.

Room Tip: More privacy in first floor apartments.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank stevemal
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have recently returned from a 7 night stay in the Alisios Playa Apartments with my Fiance and close friend and I seriously would not recommend this place to anyone!

We arrived at 9pm to a very unattractive, dingy reception area (if you could call it that) where ourselves, and 1 other couple waited 10 minutes to even be greeted by anyone, never mind checked in. We were then greeted by a very solemn looking lady who didn't smile once throughout our whole briefing!

We arrived at our upstairs apartment which was situated round the back of the complex (very quiet which we liked) and to be honest, the only positive point I can give about the apartment itself was the spacious, private balcony. We spent 10 minutes trying to open the door (unfortunately windows were like this too) before going into quite a spacious living area. The place in general needed refurbishing and a lick of paint, not to mention a lot of general maintenance but all in all not too bad. We stayed in a decent size bedroom which consisited of 2 single beds pushed together, 2 bedside tables, a dresser and small mirror and a large waldrobe with floor-to-ceiling mirrors. We also had a decent size bathroom.

Our friend stayed on the pull-out sofa bed in the living area which was broken with lats dropping out left, right and centre. During 1 morning of freak terrential rain our apartment flooded through our main door meaning my friend, who had to stay on a mattress on the floor woke up soaking wet!!! The cleanliness in the apartment was not good at all, the floors barely looked like they'd been swept never mind mopped, the bath had a rusty stain on, the cupboards in our kitchen all had missmatched door handles, 1 of the light switches had tissue paper stuffed into it to hide wires, the balcony hadnt been cleaned and even worse, we discovered a wrapper from a ladies sanitary towel lying on the floor beneath a unit! Disgusting! We were provided with 1 good sized fan for the 3 of us which didn't help keep the place cool at all.

The cleaner (who came little and often) did very minimal except make our beds (no clean sheets) and occasionaly leaving clean towels. No general cleaning was done. We were even left without any toilet roll for a whole day/night! These are things you should expect to be checked at all times. Just to nit pick I would also recommend to the Complex to get something to let the cleaner know whether you'd like your room cleaned or not (even just a cardboard door hanger to put onto the outside which most hotels have) as we were woken 1 morning by her coming in.

My last, and biggest complaint, was the food and serving area. I have seen nothing like this in my life! It was the size of a small cafe with a few plastic tables and chairs here and there. There was no instruction of what to do or where to sit so we were left to our own accord. There was 1 cook per day who, if I'm honest, was obviously struggling to keep up (and thats saying something as the place was empty). There was very little choice in food, and what food there was, was not cooked properly. 1 of our evening meals consisted of frozen oven chips, mushy fish and uncooked, hard rice with only the choice of ice cream for desert. Our main concern, after working with food for 2 years, was the hygiene in there. There were food and spillages all over with the use of utensils being shared amongst self service. There was a very small bin at the side in which we were all expected to scrape our plates into and then put our knifes and forks to steep and our plates in a pile. In this we even found a dirty nappy!!! As you can imagine the smell was rancid and to think they're even allowed that in a place of eating is beyond me. This absolutely disgusted us and we never again returned to eat in the restaurant meaning we spent an EXTRA 50eu each per day for our food on top of the extortianate prices we already payed to stay at this dump.

I am usually such a positive person (as are the others), but I am seriously struggling to say ANYTHING positive about this place, except its fantastic location to the main street.

Definately won't be returning.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Daryl B
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Me and my girlfriend and another couple stayed in this hotel last week. The hotel itself was good, it offers all inclusive or self catering. The food was pretty basic- the evening dinner being the worst but there was a variety of foods on offer. We found the staff very friendly and approachable especially William and Kathy.

However, on our last evening we were broken into! We came back after being away from the room for ten minutes eating dinner only to find our room completely turned upside down. Some of our belongings were broken and our valuables stolen including i pods, beat headphones, ray ban sunglasses, english money, hair straighteners, hats and few perfumes, aftershaves and even our room keys!!. Our friends even had their locked suitcase which had been hacked by a steak knife to be opened. The bathroom window had been kicked in (very safe!) which we reckon was their entrance and escape route.

After finding out and panicking about what had gone missing- we were only then informed that the previous week there had been a break in in another room in the hotel! This was obviously a very traumatic end to the week after all the money we had spent and lost. We are hoping we can claim this back on insurance! We were so relieved that they didn't steal our passports. After our room had been broken into we were not offered another room so we were purely grateful that we had met friends there so we could share a room with them and it ended up being 9 of us in a room.

Room Tip: Rooms were spacious and big and good lighting. However the easy access through the window because of being broken into was not good and our french doors were broken too!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Holly W
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Corralejo is a good resort and the apartments are within easy walking distance of everything.

We are not nit pickers and enjoy our holidays even when things don't always go to plan......the complex itself wasn't exactly what we were looking for with 3 children (2 teenagers) the pool area was a bit restricting. No inflatables and no jumping in....that being said I can understand why as the pool isn't very big. I did feel like my youngest had to behave himself and I did find myself telling him to quiet down stop being silly etc even though he was just being a kiddie on holiday.

Poolside, toilets etc all very clean. I will agree with some comments about the english lady. sadly I just think she couldn't be bothered to be friendly, she is however efficient always sweeping and cleaning......avoiding chatting.

Now the apartments.....we had to have 2 because of there being 5 of us which was fine as we have two teenagers. I guess if they had been younger we would have had to sleep separately (not my idea of a holiday ;) The apartments themselves were not very clean and very tired in need of a lick of paint and a good scrub. There are pigeons everywhere and there are wooden perches on top of all the balconies so you can imagine the poop everywhere!
Things were broken the bed and the shower was off the wall. And the water was VERY VERY hot!!!!!
On other holidays we have often gone back to the room especially when the children were younger, I would say we avoided going back to the room on this holiday.

You to get what you pay for however you should always get the basics cleanliness being top of the list.
It wasn't a cheap holiday for us as we had to have two apartments!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank 3Alycats
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Brilliant place very central to the town great for a base the staff are so friendly an very helpful ,we went self catering and this was great as there are three supermarkets within 2min walk an you are only 2mins of the main strip that goes into town 10 mins to the old town an chose of restaurant 's all an all thank you to all the staff that made this holiday great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family