I have stayed in Galera Beach twice now and will not stay anywhere else in Corralejo! Galera is a beautiful small complex of 16 apartments, extremely well kept and in an excellent location. I have delayed actually writing a review because I'm so reluctant to share this lovely little complex in fear of it being constantly booked out as inevitably will happen as once you visit once you will need to return!
Because the complex is small it is incredibly quiet and peaceful despite being smack bang on the main beach - just another bonus as far as I'm concerned. The views from the apartments are the best you will find in Corralejo and whilst the beach and small onsite cafe is bustling and jampacked all day with music playing it faces out onto the ocean, whereas the pool area is to the front of the complex so remains tranquil all day. It is sunken pool area which any frequent visitors to Fuerte will know is a must due to constant breeze (and sometimes downright gusts of wind!) so a perfect suntrap. Galera Beach, in my opinion, is one of the best places to stay in Corralejo.
The apartments are the basic standard holiday apartment but immaculate. I have stayed in both the downstairs and upstairs 1 bed apartments and whilst the upstairs ones do seem slightly more modern in decor (specifically the bathroom & kitchen) there is nothing wrong with the downstairs ones. Both offer fantastic views of the ocean but I guess being upstairs the balcony offers slightly more privacy than the terrace. The kitchen is well equiped with toaster, microwave, kettle, coffemaker, electric juicer, two ring cooker etc. They are cleaned daily and regular towel changes provided.
A short hop across the beach and you are by Waikki and on the main stretch of the marina or if you take the street option it is a 5-8min walk through residential streets to the main strip with a large eurospar making self catering an easy option. There is a large hotel closeby (the name slips my mind right now) that has a lovely spa and Galera guests can avail of discounted rates.
The owners at Galera are lovely, friendly, efficient always with a smile but leave you to your own devices. Reception is not 24 hours but this just adds to the feel of having your own little place by the ocean. I cant wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galera Beach Resort Corralejo, Fuerteventura is a frontline beach resort consisting of 16 family apartments and 5 villas. It is perfectly situated being on the beach and within 10 minutes walk of all the local shops, bars and restaurants. This resort is ideal for families/couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Galera Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galera Beach Hotel Corralejo
- Galera Beach Resort Fuerteventura/Corralejo