“Fantastic for groups of friends / couples”

Bahiazul Villas & Club
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Fantastic for groups of friends / couples”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Me and my husband went for a week at the beginning of September. At that time, the resort seemed very quiet and we saw very few people at Biahiazul which meant we really did have a very relaxing time. This villa complex is absolutely wonderful. We went on our own but these villas would be great for groups of six friends too. For me personally, due to the layout of the villas, I wouldn't like it as a base for 3 couples but that is just due to how I like things and I am sure it would be fine for others. They are very spacious with everything you need in the kitchen area, what I found really helpful was the thoughfulness around coffee filters, washing up liquid etc, all those little things that you so often end out having to buy but only use tiny amounts of! Here, all those things were taken care of.

We booked through an agent of some kind and included a transfer from the airport with the costs. This turned into a farce and we had long delays for transfer waits etc. To anyone I would say, just get your flight and jump into a cab when you get to the airport - the cabs are plentiful and it costs about 40 Euros direct to Bahiazul from the airport.

The resort is very secure and the staff, all of them, simply cannot do enough for you. They really are a great bunch of people from reception, security gates and restautrant.

There is a restaurant facility on site which provides breakfast (this is included in your charges) and is a buffet style with everything you could possible think of from pancakes and waffles, fry ups, fruit salads, cold meants and cheeses etc etc. There is filter coffee available and it is one of the few 'machine' coffees that I have found that is actually good. For those (if like me) who really want a good coffee to start to the day, you can actually have it here. Breakfasts are served through until 11am everyday apart from Sunday.

There is also a bar and restaurant facility in the evening on the villa complex. We ate here on our first night, the setting and staff are lovely and they did bring numerous little extras to us as we ate and liquers afterwards but we found the food itself a little disappointing. Now, that needs to be qualified by the fact that on subsequent evenings out eating in town, we generally found the quality of local restaurants not very good. I'm not quite sure why as the produce available locally is good and varied. So, this restaurant in the complex is the same in terms of quality as others, I think it's just a Feurteventura thing.

After 3 nights eating out, we gave up and shopped at the local hypermarket (literally less than a ten miute walk away). We bought plenty of charcoal and giant prawns and steaks and other lovely goodies and then used the rooftop bar b q each night. This was sheer bliss, music of our choise, the jacuzzi warming up, the lit swimming pool glimmering below - really, really, lovely. If you need to refresh, read some books, relax and 're-boot' then this really is a wonderful villa to do it in.

The area of Fuerteventura itself is not that inspiring at all, we did find some nice bars to have a couple of drinks in the old part of the town, The Rogues Gallery, a quiet little bar run by a lovely English couple, The Blue Rock Bar, just around the corner from the Rogues Gallery is definitely one for finding out anything at all!

If you call reception from the villa, they will call a cab to come and pick you up at the villa, it is 4-5 euros right the way into town. Get taxis to take you to the end of town and then where you get out, just walk straight a head a few metres and you will arrive in the old part of town. Here at weekends there are band performances and lots of street performers entertaining those enjoying a drink in the bars, cafes and restaurants.

As I said at the beginning, these villas are great for relaxation with everything taken care of, if, in a sense, don't need anything from the place you are in, this is perfect but the town and island itself offers very little.

If the spa aspect is important to you, do check that it is open. When we arrived we were told it was closed for refurbishment. We didn't see any work being undertaken at the spa and I have a feeling it may have been more a case of not enough people there to make it worth having open.

If you are travelling with young children, you will need to supervise very carefully around the pool areas and I would suggest ensuring you have DVD's to play as TV in English is extremely limited!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RCB6219

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Polish first
Manchester
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I went for 2 weeks at the end of August 2013. Its perfect for couples or larger families although bear in mind the comments about young children and the pool/room arrangements.
Hired a car from the airport using Cicar. A Corsar cost 170 euros for the 2 weeks. It had 50k kilometers on the clock and had a few scratches but it was clean and tidy and served its purpose and given the cost of transfers I thought it was amazing value.
We arrived at 9:30pm so there was no reception but the restaurant staff sorted us out very quickly and the security guard showed us to our villa. First impressions - we were blown away. The pool at night with the lights on was awesome and it was all ours for a fortnight. Being so late we ate at the on-site restaurant the first night and it was one of the best places we ate at during our holiday. We ate there on another 2 occasions. They even have a book with photos and ingredients to match up with the menu. The waiters are so friendly and the bar is an ideal place to get a taxi arranged whilst you enjoy your first drink of the night.
We found the cleaning regime adequate and had no problem with the aircon. The iPod dock was used every day either to play the radio via my iPhone, to stream Spotify and to play music from my iPod. The WiFi was faultless.
The power shower was amazing with 6 side jets as well as the main jet.
The pool is cold when you first get in but once you're in its fine and the high walls mean you get plenty of privacy although when you go up the stair to the terrace you can see into next door.
If you want to use the jacuzzi - which we did - make sure you switch it on 30 mins beforehand so that it warms up. The fizz is so cheap over here its rude not to pair it with the jacuzzi (Freixenet - gold bottle)
The lack of an oven wasn't a problem. Used the BBQ several lunch times instead. We were told about the breakfasts but personally I thought the cost was high and we enjoyed the flexibility of having the kitchen. The local supermarket is fantastic and only a few hundred yards up the road. The meat/fish counter was unbelievable. This supermarket is shut on a Sunday so if, like us, you arrive on a Saturday night you have to go further afield. My advice would be to only buy enough to get you through the Sunday and then use the local supermarket. It has everything. We even got some great sun cream (200ml) for only 2.5 euros.
We walked into Corralejo most nights. It took approx 25/30 minutes to get to the bottom of the strip where all the shops are. From here we walked to the far end where there are restaurants/bars by the sea. This took another 20 minutes so 45-50 minutes in total but as we'd been lazing around all day we enjoyed the walk. Unfortunately you do get hassled by people outside every restaurant on the way up the strip but a polite "no thanks" was enough for most. We always got a taxi back which cost 5 euros.
Unfortunately we weren't able to get a late check out as they were full so we left our cases at reception and went down to the Dunes beach. They have sunbeds for 3 euros, with an umbrella, and there is a beach bar with a grill for sandwiches. One word of caution - there are naked people even in the public groups.

This is a very classy place to stay and there is so much choice of places to eat/drink in town. If its one of the places you've considered my advice is book it - you wont regret it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at this villa for a week in September, this villas is as beautiful as seen in professional pictures. We had nothing to complain about the villa or the staff as they were all very help full. Any queries or any problems we had were dealt within 15 minutes of making a call to the reception.

All our rooms were well maintained and was very clean but the rooms were only cleaned once during our 7 day visit. Our AC was locked at 23°C however this was cool enough for us all. We usually left all the room doors open.

During our time in the villa, we were not able to use the spa as it was under construction.

On our first night, we ordered food from the restaurant and the food was really tasty. They would have usually delivered the food to the villa but unfortunately on that night there weren't enough staff and therefore we have to pick the food up our self. Other two night we had a BBQ on the roof, all meats were easily available from the supermarket Marcedona, which was about 5 minutes walk away.

Their buffet breakfast had lots of variety to choose from ie: various rolls, cheese, bread, cold cuts, hot food, cereal, fruits, yogurt, cakes and doughnuts along with fresh juice, water and cava. If breakfast is not included then pay and try it for one morning, it definitely is worth it.

Travelling to the town cost us 5 euros one way this worked out cheaper than hiring a car for us.

Thank you to all the staffs who were really lovely and welcoming. You have all made our stay at Bahiazul very memorable. From the happy guests who stay at C11/10 between 18th Sept to 25th Sept.

3 Thank Jasmine G
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I can't believe some of the negative comments on here, I can only put it down to people booking the wrong type of holiday for their needs and not doing enough research. Yes the kitchen doesn't have an oven but who wants to cook on holiday? Stay at home! Yes you need a car but wouldn't you book a car when staying at a villa? If you don't want to drive then book an apartment in the centre of corralejo without a private pool! And no curtains in the living room?? Honestly! There are blinds at the front of the villa so you have privacy but no curtains looking out to the pool, but why would you want to block out the pool view on an evening?
We returned last week after our fourth stay over the last 2 years. We always book privately through the same owner who has several villas on bahiazul and have stayed in 3 different villas, all of the same high standard. Air con was not restricted at all and would go as low as 19 degrees, perhaps the people who complained about it not going lower than 23 degrees booked direct with bahiazul? Katis manage some of the villas now and they were brilliant. This year our pool was cleaned every 4 days and sheets/towels were changed every 4 days, in previous years the pool was always cleaned but never the towels/sheets so I can only put this down to Katis, who are doing an excellent job -oh and the wifi was great, in previous years I had to stand on the roof terrace to get very weak wifi but this year it worked all over the villa. You can get taxis from the front gate for 5euros into the centre of corralejo, which we did most nights. I would say that the villas are not really suitable for people with young children due to the layout and also the pool area, very slippery when wet but for couples or families with teenagers it's just perfect. We will be going back next year in march and October, can't wait!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Newlove-Scott
carshalton surrey
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Ok I have just been reading other reviews and some of them are so petty.

We have been back for 24hrs and are looking to book again, we had an amazing time with our 3 year old son, relaxing is not the word. I booked this for my finace 40th and as soon as he walked in he was amazed, all open plan living and all the pool lit up, it was beautiful, the décor was as the pitcures show, clean. they have a fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, hob, mircrowave, iron, kettle, nice utensils, glassware and crockery (wine glasses which was nice) We had champagne on arrival, if you like coffee get the coffee machine with the crupes 1 euro each. It didn't have an oven which was not a problem, we had lovely bbq on the terrace which I guess you could cook oven stuff in as its one of those big clay ovens, they have a safe, ipod or jax docking for music around the villa, a clothes horse, did I say an amazing power shower, hairdryer, dressing gowns, slippers, taxis where cheap into the main town 3.50-5, to the dunes it was 7ish, go to the dunes beach near the rui, there is a shop on the beach, beautiful beaches.

Our pool was cleaned on the 3rd day, the cleaners wanted to clean but we didn't have this booked and I didn't want them to come in.

The complex was immaculate, staff friendly, if your flight is a late one home like ours was I would actually just book another day as checking out at 11am then not flying until 9.30pm would of been a problem as its not like a hotel where you can chill around the hotel pool. fortunely we got a late check out last min for 50 euros so left the villa when going to the airport.

I wouldn't get the welcome pack, its 30 euros and you could buy the stuff at the mercadonna for around 15 euros.

Someone mentioned the AC, yes its set at 23oc but this was ok, it wasn't too cold or too warm.

someone mentioned getting money stolen, you get that anywhere in the world, take travellers checks.

noise?? really, its nothing to moan about, my fiancé heard noise but it wasn't major.

yes no curtains on the main living area was a problem, most night we would end up sleeping on the couch as the beds for us where too hard and the light in the morning was a pain, even voil would be fine. no one can really see in, but if the villa behind wanted to they could go on the terrace and see in.

the pool was a little cool for first thing in the morning and no late evening swimming, during the day its wasn't too bad, we all just jumped in, the weather was lovely so yes it was a bit of a shock at first the cool pool but it was ok when in. my 3 year old son loved it.

like I say our only main grip was the beds, we have said we would take 3 cases next time with a foam topper lol.

ok so shopping, you have mercadona about a 5 min walk, we walked there and back each time we went shopping.

the town is a good 1hr walk we did try to walk it and got half way but it was too much in the heat.

we will hire a car next time, its straight roads and easy to get about. although the taxi where cheap.

I wanted to try and leave the left over bbq coal, fuel and lighter so we hide them in hoping someone would find them, I am guessing the cleaners will strip the place down and remove anything.

All in all we had a amazing time and will be booking for 11 days next year.

Oh the rooms are not connecting which was a pain as we asked for one, they had none left, but we just moved a mattress into our room. wasn't ideal but I didn't want my son in the other room.

email me if you have any questions

6 Thank suziekirk2002
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We just got back after 1 week of total relaxation and I wish we could have stayed longer. It was exactly like in the pictures, the Villas are stunning and very clean, the kitchen could be a bit more equipped and some basics like salt and pepper would not harm as well as an oven??. However it is all done very tastefully and you can relax all day long. It's perfect for 2 couples since the 2nd twin bed bedroom is separate. The pool and the jacuzzi are big enough and the sunbeds provided are very comfortable. I personally would recommend to get the cleaners and pool cleaners in every other day. If you don't book it then they will come just once mid-week. However if there is a problem you can always talk to any of staff members at reception, they are very friendly and helpful. Also make sure that you have breakfast included, it's absolutely great, everything you could wish for, even baked beans and brown sauce ;-).

For these who usually go to an all inclusive bunker like RIO or Hesperia etc, will indeed be disappointed, it's not close to any town center or beach, but seriously EUR 5 to get into town should be in the budget when I am booking a private Villa with pool, they usually are not located right on the beach, or am I mistaken!?!

A transfer from and to the airport can be arranged via the concierge. It's approx. 80EUR for a return trip. If you return late at night, the security guide will had you the keys and escort you to the villa. I can also highly recommend to do one of these catamaran trips to Los Lobos, very very nice!!!

All in all it was a perfect week, we had everything we wished for and could relax. Thanks to all the stuff, you made us feel very welcome in your beautiful resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We arrived on 31st August @ 22.00hrs, we were taken to our Villa 11/11 by the nice security guard. .

We picked these villas and particularly self catering as we like to do our own thing, and don't like having to dressup for meals, and to be honest without paying for an all inclusive hotel these seen to offer a standard that we required without all the formalities of a all inclusive hotel.

Bad points
On arrival We had no hot water and no television chanels and the AC we could not alter to our liking, but decided to keep calm and see reception in the morning, we were surprised that a luxury accomodation did not have 24 hrs service.
1. All plug sockets/ light bulbs hanging out on roof.
2, Balinese bed needed to be thrown in the bin did not use at all.
3, paint work all peeling around swimming pool, looked a mess.
4. swimming pool only cleaned once, the day before we were going home, I actually fished out all the insects.
5. In our pool area there was some vegetation from the villa next door, and there were eggs laid from some kind of fly !! and it had obviously been sprayed with some insecticide all white and fluffy, unfortunately with the Fuerteventura wind all this stuff blew into our pool, so my daughter and husband would not use the pool at all only I braved the pool and jacuzzi.
6. Big problem the sun shone into our main living area in the morning and there were no curtains, at all not even on the outside as shown in all the luxury advertising!!!, and you cannot alter the AC or fan speed it is set at 23, so boiling in the morning if you do the slightest bit of moving about, reception said it was to do with people getting ill, a very feeble excuse really, obviously if we all had the AC as it needed to be it probably would be breaking down all the time.

7. My main moan is the fact that there were alll sorts of noises, from motors for the AC or the Jacuzzu coming on a 8am in the morning, or cleaning in the adjacent villa as u know concrete slabs don't absorb any sound at all. Too noisy for me not residents but just noise from all the motors we could not use the 3 rd bedroom as the AC a great big motor was right above it on the roof. Oh and washing machines.

We did go to reception A very nice and pleasant man unfortunately nothing was done about the AC and we sorted the telly our selves, only 2 channnels and Sky news, WiFI is very primitive but OK, but make sure u ask for a villa that actually recieves it well.

good points

Brilliant power shower with all the water at any temperature u could ask for, but only in the one bedroom, we did not bother about the others.

Nice to have a washing machine, but this is not really the luxury we expected.

In summary I suppose u only pay for what u get, on the cheap side if it really did do what it said on the packet, My Husbald and daughter tend not to fuss so we did not complain at all, and so we made the most of it and enjoyed ourselves spending most of our time at the beaches all over the island.

You must immediately hire a car and don't expect, beautifull surroundings it is a volcanic landscape, we have been several times to Fuerteventura, but it is only for the beaches and the lovelly windy weather , with no humidity and nice cool evenings all the time, perhaps just the odd mosquito it is very pleasant.

I sugest you go there and make the most of it as it is not exactly luxury as depicted in the advertising, but u will enjoy.

2 Thank vivian H