“A little bit of heaven in Corralejo - could not recommend more and I am fussy!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Azulfit Yoga and Pilates Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corralejo
Azulfit Yoga and Pilates Retreat
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

I booked Azul Fit as I was desperately in need of a bit of me time, in the sun and wanted to get back into yoga and also try pilates and meditation. A tall order one might think but Azul Fit met and exceeded all my needs. Their classes were excellent and catered for all levels and their flexibility in allowing classes to be changed or added on was exceptional. I was so relaxed that I missed two of my classes and Jamie had no problem in letting me join a different 2 instead. Everyone who works here absolutely love what they do and it shines through in their classes and interactions with customers.

The unbelievable added bonus for me were the spa treatments. They were seriously to die for. Paula works magic in that gorgeous little cabana. So much so that I had a treatment each day I was there and I honestly got as much out of them as I did with the classes. It was a fabulous combination. ANd the excellent prices did not hurt either!

I also wanted to learn how to meditate so I booked a 1:1 session, I got Radhika and the session with her was fantastic and highly recommended before embarking on the group sessions.

I did not stay in the accomodation so I cannot comment on it but as a yoga/pilates/mediation/me time retreat I give it a 12/10. I will definitely be back. :-)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank CaitDublin_Ireland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2010

I like to speak English. I don't not write English, but I will give it a try. Monthly during the last year i have been thinking that I really need to go back to Azul Fit soon! As the temperature is dropping this is more of at daily thought. I traveled alone a year ago and felt kind of brave about that. It turned out that i did not need much bravery. The hosts where friendly, informal but professional. It was so easy to come into contact with the other guests and I got a invitation to Grenada and one to Ireland. The two session of pilates/yoga a day actually gave me a biceps muscle during my one week stay! I can still almost smell the warm red brick where we did afternoon yoga: ) Summery: I will do this again, But next time I think I might try the Surf-Girl-Offer. Knowing, as I do now that this is a friendly place for contemplation and learning new skills.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank pone76
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2010

I booked this very last minute after a stressful few months. But entering the walls of this wonderful resort, you could just feel the tension was away. The setting is gorgeous with the birds and all the beautiful flowers. There is just something about it. We visited a lot of places there looking for alternative accommodation, as we had only booked a few nights due to the place being full and none could compare. This is not a 5 star hotel and not perfect but is the better for it. It feels comfortable and like a community rather than some impersonal superficial hotel. The smiles are genuine not the professional service smiles. The staff have a lovely genuine passion for what they do and it comes across. And we had fun. I have done a little yoga and Pilates but the classes catered for all levels and I could see the improvements in my body. Classes were small so we got lots of attention. I ended up having 4 massages too. I can’t recommend this highly enough. Most of the guests were travelling solo for the first time but they were welcomed and made friends and joined up to dine etc. The optional evening meals were filling, healthy and unusual besides being absolutely delicious. The place wasn’t what I expected but far exceeded my expectations and I can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

My stay at Azul fit was just what I needed. I returned to the UK more relaxed, recharged and a even little more flexible. The staff were fantastic - experienced but fun instructors for yoga /pilates, and the massages were truly first class. Everyone was made to feel very welcome irrespective of personal ability. The accomodation provided a lovely charming setting with a relaxed atmosphere, and while not 'the ritz' its simplicity was certainly part of the charm. My room was very spacious with everything I needed, and clean. Classes were generally outside (sometimes on the beach) - and this provided a lovely start and end to each day ,... with plenty of time to explore the local area and enjoy the sunshine. My booking was at the last minute and the Azul team were very flexible to accomodate my needs, and everything went to plan. Overall it is somewhere I would recommend if you want a low-key 'chill out ' retreat, that is great value for money. As an added bonus my holiday with Azul Fit 'kicked' me into action and I was inspired to get to my local yoga class this week. For me ......it was a little gem.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Chichester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

A very welcome relaxing break made better by the efforts of the Azul Fit team & friendly guests. Its not "5 Star" but nor is the price. A choice of fitness programmes & when asked, the team were able to tailor the programme to my needs . Sun, beautiful beaches, wonderful company, new friends, fresh air, every meal eaten outdoors in that lovely climate & returned a little fitter than when i arrived ! Not everything is perfect but what isnt can be fixed. It worked for me ! Graham. England.

1 Thank painter056
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2010

Day 1

Arrived Fuerteventura airport – no one there to transfer me to resort. Called the number for Azul Fit and was told someone was ‘on their way’. 2 hours later I was still at the airport.

Arrived Corallejo and met a chap called Jamie. Requested my timetable for surfing lessons and was told I would need to speak to the surfing sub-contractors. Not much help since I had no idea who these people were and was provided with no contact details for them.

Explained that I wanted to book several treatments at the ‘spa’ but needed my timetable in order to be able to do so. Was told ‘spa is shut’. Very helpful

Day 2

No sleep in a single bed with revolting bed linens. This was particularly annoying since I had been told prior to arrival that the 2 singles beds would be put together for me.

Woke to no hot water in the apartment. Went to reception. Reception was unmanned. Went to spa . Spa was unmanned.

Had breakfast – this is not brunch but a very basic breakfast and most particularly disgusting is the instant coffee – it’s 2010 ! The meal was served at a table with wet varnish or resin and I ruined a pair of trousers and t shirt. (The varnish/resin was still wet on my departure)

Day 3

Found the guy Jamie. Told him I had no hot water. Four hours later I still had no hot water, still had no surfing timetable and was still none the wiser as to how to book a spa treatment at a spa with no one there.

By this point I had pretty much given up with this mickey mouse set up. There is no such resort as Azul Fit. Azul Fit is one rented room of around 16 sq m plus a small kitchenette in the Concha Apartments complex. The Jamie character sometimes pitches up for an hour at breakfast. If, like me, your surfing lessons have been organized at the time of the breakfast, not only will you not be provided with a breakfast you have paid for, but you will not be able to find anyone to help you for days on end. One guest who asked about using the tennis court was told to go and buy some tennis balls on the high street

Day 5

New influx of guests making 14 in total for the pilates and yoga class. Breakfast continued to be provided by means of a flask of hot water that could provide 8 mugs max. Consequently I gave up on breakfast as well.

Day 6

Realised my room had never been cleaned, the towels were disgusting and the toilet roll had run out. Did this myself – perhaps that’s the cunning trick with these people!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank CommentLondon
AzulFit, Manager at Azulfit Yoga and Pilates Retreat, responded to this review, December 3, 2010
I think it is important to make clear that the author of this review was attending Azul Fit on a ‘course only’ package. This package means that the accommodation was not within our centre. On numerous occasions the guest was rude to kitchen staff, instructors, and other guests, and often didn’t get up or attend sessions or appointments at all (which means missing out on the best part of the Azul Fit experience- the great classes, therapists & world class instruction.) Of course, we welcome any feedback that will help us to improve our services and holiday experience. But in this case, much of what is written here is untrue, to the point that rather than waste time responding to such negativity in detail, I will request that anyone reading this, also takes the time to read the other reviews posted (including those posted from guests present the same week) before forming a judgement. If anyone then wishes to ask about any of the points listed, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
I feel truly sorry that Comment London feels as he does, and proceeds through life in such a negative way. I honestly and sincerely wish him peace and happiness, and hope that he is able to open his heart and mind to enjoy the fantastic experiences that life has to offer.
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

My recent stay at Azul fit was excellent.
The bungalow was clean and of a high standard.
The standard of teaching was very very good (in my humble opinion).
Each member of staff made me feel special and welcomed and were all very polite.
The highlight of the trip was the surfing Jamie arranged which I particularly enjoyed.
This set up is in a fantastic location and comes highly recommended.