Had a very relaxing week at the end of January and can strongly recommend Azul.
Great yoga teacher and the structure of the courses was enjoyable. Starting the day with a class before breakfast was brilliant. I’d not tried pilates before but got a lot out of some of the classes. The staff were lovely and very helpful. It’s quite a slickly run operation and everything went smoothly. Communications with them by email while booking were also excellent.
The yoga and pilates was aimed at a very accommodating level and everybody felt pushed, but not overwhelmed. It was nicely done. Though I’m not a beginner there were a few in the group. I think hardcore yogaheads would want something more immersive.
It was cool in the evenings and early morning (late Jan) but nice and warm in the day. The villa and its communal areas are very pleasant, though there’s not much of a garden really.
The group itself was one of the best bits, especially if you’re travelling solo. Almost 16 of us at one point, so it felt busy, maybe a bit too busy. The two nights out in local restaurants were a lot of fun. The Azul food was very interesting and always tasty, and the group dining was enjoyable.
This is a great place, so why not five stars?
One or two of the classes were a bit weak and for me there was too much pilates. The pool was tiny – it’s a misleading pic online. It must be 5m long. Useless for swimming and too cold anyway. Be aware that there’s not a lot doing in Villaverde and bus transport is infrequent, though there are day trip options.
Many in the group didn’t really like their rooms. The lower floor options (Canarias, California and India) in particular. They said it was dark and felt damp. I was in the tent, which was novel but also not great. It was cold some nights and, despite the sofa, not somewhere to hang around in. Though there is lighting inside the tent it was very gloomy by night – had to use a torch inside it. Other minor gripes from the group were the common water, which sometimes ran out, and the paid wi-fi. Minor stuff really…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surya Retreat (formerly Villa Azul) and Lotus Retreat (Corralejo) are the perfect settings for your wellbeing journey. We offer daily classes in yoga, Pilates and meditation with a team of expert, friendly instructors. Delicious healthy meals are served at both locations with our sought-after nutrition expert Jo. Enjoy massage and beauty treatments with our highly experienced team of wellbeing professionals. More than just a holiday, we are here to support you in your wellbeing journey, making you feel at ease from the moment you arrive. Perfect for all levels from beginner to advanced practitioners, we are here to support you and your goals every step of the way. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fit Wellbeing Retreat Hotel Corralejo
- Azulfit Wellbeing Retreat Corralejo
- Azulfit Yoga And Pilates Retreat Fuerteventura/Corralejo