“A pleasant change”

La Cupula de Carles Gaig
Ranked #142 of 430 Restaurants in Corralejo
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "La Cúpula", a restaurant with elegant and exclusive atmosphere managed by Carles Gaig, an internationally acknowledged chef. The restaurant has been recognized with a "Sun Repsol". A creative cuisine respecting the ancient roots, capable of satisfying the most exigent tastes. His culinary inspirations offer you an exclusive gourmet experience where art and creativity combine to produce exquisite gastronomic sensations.
Reviewed November 27, 2018 via mobile

We were not disappointed here. The food was interesting and of high quality and the decor please tell but it's not of world class standard. Most disappointing was that the menu only changes rarely so for hotel guests, going more than once would be repetitive.

Don't get me wrong, it's not in anyway bad - but perhaps overhyped so go with an open mind and you won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed January 30, 2018

We have stayed in the Bahia Real on several occasions however on this short 4 night break, we decided to try the La Cupula.

Offered a choice of tables we were delighted with the wine choices and started off with the fois gras for myself with my partner selecting the blue fin tuna. I am a big fan of fois grass and this example was excellent, topped with thinly sliced banana and a flame toasted slice of goats cheese surrounded by a trail of fruit purée. As usual we swapped fork fulls and I can confirm the flavour of the delicately prepared fish on a bed of fragrant rice was a close second.

The usual wee complimentary taster was a butterflied prawn on a cucumber and yogurt base, again very nice.

Waiter service was very good, the wine had been removed to a side table and was served as required and without asking.

Mains were a most excellent shoulder of lamb served in three ascending towers toppped with a carrot and decorated with edible flowers the lamb immersed in a wonderful rich gravy. My partner had what he describes as the most succulent fillet steak topped with my favourite fois grass and it should be said that he tasted mine but ate his himself!

We did not feel the need to have a sweet and settled for coffees which were accompanied by petit chocolate, meringue, and coconut bites. An absolutely stunning meal and the only disappointment was that they were closed the following evening.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

We've been to the other restaurants in this hotel and all have been excellent. This was supposed to be the special one. It
was not!

The bread was as good as the other restaurants in the hotel but we were presented with 3 blobs of "butter" too small to spread.

Then came a complimentary but tepid fish "tapas" soup.

My medium to well done steak was raw in the centre. It came on a bed of pureed potato and smothered in oil and indeterminate sauce. That was it. €26. My husband's suckling pig was 4 dry squares of belly pork with miniscule chopped onion and pepper. That was it. €22.

We declined dessert as it consisted of mostly ice cream.

The complimentary petit fours were miniature chocolate brownies, coconut macaroons, and meringues, all of which had been hanging around a long time and were lack lustre, pre-prepared, rubbish.

The waitress was embarrassed and we weren't charged for my steak but when you come to a 5-star hotel and they boast a special restaurant you can't help but feel let down.

There's a lovely bar down the road called Omar's. Very cheap, good food and great staff. Not what we planned to do on our last night but we probably will do now.

Shame.

Date of visit: December 2017
3  Thank kathrynbQ1306WV
Reviewed June 21, 2017

There is sufficient choice to warrant 2 or more visits in a week. I was not disappointed by any menu selection

Date of visit: June 2017
2  Thank Ian S
Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

Style over substance

Starter was great really tasty risotto with beetroot but that's we're it ended

My wife had Salmon & I had the Hake to much style no substance or vegetables