This is a lovely spot for a relaxing holiday, as long as you hire a car and are fairly self sufficient. It is ideally located for exploring the interior of Lanzarote, Timanfaya National Park and some of the more characterful villages by the sea, including El Golfo. Car hire is absolutely essential: the roads are excellent although not always lit for night driving.
We found the local villages of Uga and Yaiza quiet to the point of completely deserted (you could almost see the tumbleweed), apart from the local Spar and a coffee bar, but Puerto Carmen and Puerto Calero are quite close for the standard Brit bars, pubs and tourist shops, which make you appreciate the tranquility of Casa El Morro even more.
Best things about Casa El Morro: the relaxing and tranquil ambience, the pool area and quirky apartments; the friendly cats and occasional lizards. Wonderful views of the volcanoes and ideally located to visit the vineyards of La Geria and inland towns. Raquel is very kind and helpful. Worst things: don't come here if you want room service, good local restaurants and everything on tap - the apartments are self catering but if you want to eat out, you tend to be stuck with the tourist menus of the Playas which are not on the doorstep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Casa el Morro we offer Environmentally Friendly Holidays in unique & stylish accommodation for groups, couples, families & solo travellers away from the hustle and bustle of the main tourist areas, near Timanfaya National Park and the vineyards of La Geria. Our Yurt, Suites, Cottages and Villas are situated in Lanzarote´s most unspoilt areas. We serve only farm fresh, organic food, and Yoga Classes, Massages, Ayurveda treatments and therapies will add a very personal touch to your holiday in Lanzarote. At the family-owned finca of Casa el Morro we offer 7 individually designed, fully equipped and self-contained suites and cottages and a yurt, plus 4 traditional Canarian farmhouses (“fincas”) in the countryside of Lanzarote (Charco el Palo, La Geria, Femés and Maguéz), and a 2-bedroom, 2-floor apartment with spectacular views right next to the beach in Mala. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa el Morro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa El Morro Hotel Yaiza
- Casa El Morro Lanzarote/Yaiza