We spent nine nights at this lovely place in March 2012. Days with sun and joy. Why did we enjoy so much? When you arrive at the airport it takes you only approx. 15 minutes to arrive at the place by car (we used the car rental company recommended by owner Raquel which was efficient and at a very good price). The location is at a good place of the island. Nothing is far away. An ideal starting point for day and hiking trips. The seven self catered houses (breakfast buffet included) are cosy and comfortable. The pool is unheated so somewhat cold in March. The kitchen well equipped (stove, oven, cutlery, plates, liquid for dish washing (!) etc.). We stayed at the Uga house (2/3 persons max). Space enough. What a great view from the (wind free) terrace (with sun beds and dining table) at the village of Uga (a max. 10 minutes walk where you can find a small supermarket and some restaurants). We really liked the informal atmosphere. Pleasantly isolated and far away from the busy touristy part of the island. Raquel reacts quickly when you have any request (e.g. in our case the internet was not working well) and tries everything to solve the problem as soon as possible. We especially liked our walks directly from the house in the wine yards (Le Geria). Impressive to see how the area is cultivated. Most enjoyable was a day tour with Jose Luis Rubio Bordons of Blackstone Treks & Tours (www.blackstonetreks.com) which was recommended by Caroline (reception). Jose is an impressive guide who loves nature and knows everything about the geology of the island. We discovered a part of the volcanic area with him. A tour, which we will not easy forget due to his enthusiasm, knowledge and professionalism. Tranquil Casa el Morro will bring you relaxation, peace and a good rest. We highly recommend staying here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Casa el Morro we offer Environmentally Friendly Holidays in unique & stylish accommodation for groups, couples, families & solo travellers away from the hustle and bustle of the main tourist areas, near Timanfaya National Park and the vineyards of La Geria. Our Yurt, Suites, Cottages and Villas are situated in Lanzarote´s most unspoilt areas. We serve only farm fresh, organic food, and Yoga Classes, Massages, Ayurveda treatments and therapies will add a very personal touch to your holiday in Lanzarote. At the family-owned finca of Casa el Morro we offer 7 individually designed, fully equipped and self-contained suites and cottages and a yurt, plus 4 traditional Canarian farmhouses (“fincas”) in the countryside of Lanzarote (Charco el Palo, La Geria, Femés and Maguéz), and a 2-bedroom, 2-floor apartment with spectacular views right next to the beach in Mala. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Casa el Morro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa El Morro Hotel Yaiza
- Casa El Morro Lanzarote/Yaiza