“Do not waste your money here”

Aqualava Waterpark Relaxia
Ranked #4 of 19 things to do in Yaiza
More attraction details
Owner description: In Playa Blanca, part of the community Yaiza in the south of Lanzarote, we offer a modern alternative for relaxation and enjoyment in a privileged environment, to our guests. The Variety of the offered attractions, which are excellently themed and integrated with the unique and spectacular surroundings of Lanzarote, are making this magnificent place the actual best option in it’s category on Lanzarote.Integrated in a big space there are village like housing units, which are surrounded by natural gardens and their architecture is equivalent to the traditional style of the island of Lanzarote. So each family finds it’s ideal place for fun, adventure and emotion.Every attraction offers a unique and unrepeatable experience in an idyllic and magical environment, like it’s typical for the island of Lanzarote. On top the “Aqualava” water park offers meeting points for our little ones. With the spectacular water castle and the, with modern elements and interactive games equipped, miniclub. Everything focused to make the holidays aswell for your kids an unforgettable experience.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
wigan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Do not waste your money here”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Visited here feb 2014 with my husband and two children ages 1 & 2 years.

Paid 20 euro per adult only stayed for 1 hour as the weather turned really bad!!! Wasn't offered any money back of money off vouchers! Staff very rude

Slides are rubbish!!!!

Cold pools!!

Very small water park really isn't worth the money!!! Save you pennies

2 Thank Wiganhunny

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Good but expensive for what it is”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

As water parks go this is fine but really, a family of four is looking at £60 for a place that will entertain you for two or three hours.

It seemed impossible to find out any other way but here are the details: yes, anyone can go (you don't have to be staying at the connected accomodation); opening hours are 10am all year round, closes at 5pm in winter and 6pm in summer; cafe opens at 12.30; kids under three are free, 3-12 are reduced price.

On the plus side: it is immaculately maintained and clean. There are many lifeguards on patrol, who are not bored teenagers. It's safe. You could easily save yourself the €3 locker rental as a result. The water is warm enough in the kids section. There is plenty for kids to do, of all ages.

On the minus side: if you leave the park for longer than 15 minutes you lose re-entry. That is stupid. With small children we'd have liked to have stayed for a couple of hours, gone home and had a nap and then returned in the afternoon. But that's not an option. As a result we went once, and didn't return for that reason.

In conclusion: your kids will probably love it, and if that's worth the money then you've answered your question.

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Morebalti
“Pricey but well kept”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Entrance isn't cheap (about 50€ for 2 adults + 1 child, under 3yrs free), plus 3€ for a small locker. Buts its a well maintained, if small water park. Hourly wave pool, decent kid's pool with slides, and lazy river, all heated. 5 decent adult (>1.2m) slides, not heated.

The water is salty, and there are showers, but they aren't heated.

You can't bring in food, and the canteen is pricey and crap. The park is attached to the next door all inclusive bungalow resort, who get the water park included.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Beware of their exchange rate scam!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I would have rated this place "average", but have downgraded it to "poor" due to the sharp practice I encountered when paying by credit card. I expect the same thing occurs with debit cards.
For one adult and two children, the entry cost was 48.00 Euros. I paid by card, and was shown the machine with 48.00 Euros on the screen. I entered my PIN number, and then the cashier took the machine back. She tilted it away from my view, and pressed a few more buttons. I was then presented with a receipt for £43.41 English Pounds, and "told" to sign it. I declined this offer, and insisted that the Pounds be refunded, so that I could be charged in Euros. This caused some considerable bother, with an angry supervisor having to be summoned to sort it out.
I know from previous experience that a poor exchange rate is used so that the retailer or "hole in the wall" can make a bonus on any transactions they can convert to Pounds.
They were still trying to make me sign the slip, saying it was necessary for the refund in Pounds, but on closer inspection, I found that what they wanted me to sign was a disclaimer saying that I'd been offered the choice of paying in either currency, and that I had decided on Pounds. My credit card bill has now arrived, and it shows the £43.41 being charged and then refunded. It then shows the 48.00 Euros being converted to Pounds at the correct rate on the day of 1.1678 , making £41.10 .
I know it is only £2.31 difference, and we were on holiday, but as a matter of principle I must highlight this for others to be aware of.
The park itself was indeed "average", with the usual slides, lazy river and wave pool.
The walkways were poorly maintained, and we all ended up with flakes of peeling yellow floor paint stuck to the soles of our feet.
The food in the buffet style restaurant was actually very good for a water park. We chose two of the "meal deals". Hot dog and chips for one child went down well. The other wanted the chicken breast strips which were the same price as the chicken nuggets, and of obviously better quality. The chicken deal included a self-serve "salad", so we enjoyed a good-sized plateful of that, which included tinned tuna, cheese slices, ham, and bread rolls as well as the usual lettuce, tomatoes etc. There was enough to feed three of us with the two meal deals.
On the way out, we were offered photos that had been taken of us in the lazy river.
I decided to buy one of these for 8.00 Euros, but had only taken a small amount of cash, and spent it in the restaurant. So I had to pull out the credit card. I couldn't believe it when the same thing happened again. The young chap on the photo stall handed me the machine showing 8.00 Euros, and I put my PIN in. He grabbed the machine back, tilted it away from me and quickly pressed the Pounds button, when the bank's intention is that the customer chooses whether to select Pounds or Euros. He printed out a receipt in Pounds, and wanted me to sign it. I told him I wouldn't sign it, but didn't want to delay our departure with another farce and the involvement of the supervisor, so just left it in Euros, taking on the chin a small loss on the exchange rate.
I believe that all the staff at the place are told to do this, and the reason they ask you to sign the slip is so that you have no comeback with the credit card company when you read your statement and find you've been ripped off.
I advise that anyone going here takes just enough Euros in notes and coins for their day, or makes a point of telling the staff that cards must be processed in Euros.

Visited October 2013
12 Thank AdvantagePlayer
Doncaster, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Stalag Luft Aqua Lava Rip Off”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Prepare to be robbed -
Entry Fee -
Locker Fee -
Can't eat your own food/drink within the complex - Must buy from their own café.....
Although they are so kind & let you leave for 15 mins

Little hitlers with whistles.

Small park, ideal for little ones, but take some teenagers & I think you would be bored after half an hour, although you could always entertain yourself with "try & eat your own food without being spotted by CCTV"

Visited September 2013