“Nice restaurant ”
Review of Magnolia Kitchen - CLOSED

Magnolia Kitchen
“Nice restaurant ”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We had good food good atmosphere excellent service will definitely repeat the experience. Need more vegetarian options

1 Thank jack_et_jill

VIRGINA
“A taste of NOLA in Norton!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Big surprise in the town of Norton! The owners hit it right on with the New Orleans cuisine. This was our first dining experience at the Magnolia Kitchen but it won't be our last. I ordered the 6" shrimp/oyster po boy and fries. I wasn't disappointed. The sandwich was great but the fries, I could have ate the fries alone! Compliments to the chef! My husband ordered the jambalaya and it was authentic! DH loved his dish! The sweet tea was certainly a Southern recipe. The complimentary bread was authentic French bread with real butter. The prices were very reasonable. Service was fast and friendly. We never ran out of tea. I am eager to try more entrees. Definitely will be going back.

• Visited November 2013
Virginia
“Treasure in a small town”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The Magnolia Kitchen is a treasure in this small town. With very few options in town beyond fast food, I was very pleased to find this place. Many dishes are Cajun/creole inspired but there's something for everyone, even the kids. We had the Curry Chicken Salad on Ciabatta bread and the Jambalaya... both dishes were amazing. The portions are large and served piping hot. The atmosphere is relaxing and the décor reminds you of being in New Orleans. Our server was attentive to our needs and friendly. We'll definitely be back!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Hotrod_Hammer
Pennington Gap, Virginia
“Excellent Food, Not-so-excellent service”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The food was of great quality and very reasonably priced. The manager/owner and bartender were smoking while making drinks and serving guests, which I thought seemed out of place. The overall service was unreasonably slow and unattentive. The food, however, was impressive. The food all tasted scratch-made of high quality ingredients and prepared by a knowledgeable chef. I would return for the food, but may get take-out next time.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Brad7856
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Wow!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

According to staff, the Magnolia has been open since June, 2013 and it is a diamond in the rough - the rough being the entire town of Norton, VA.

With choice ranging from "authentic Italian" hoagies to a Japanese steak house with more grill smoke inside than out, I thank my lucky stars for stumbling across this oasis of New Orleans cuisine at the end of a run down strip mall.

I had the Jambalaya and it was extremely good. Even better, the bread was authentic chewy, crusty French stick served with real butter. I finished up with a chocolate torte that was so rich and flavorful that I took half back to the hotel room for a late night snack. BTW - entre was $12, premium draft $3 and amazing dessert $5.

Decor is ultra funky for a place like Norton and the big fresco magnolia murals were done by a local xray tech who is clearly in the wrong profession.

Can't say enough about this place except that I wish it was in my home town of St. Pete.

Visited November 2013