“Half Chicken”

Park Avenue Bar and Grille
Ranked #18 of 30 Restaurants in Norton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Berea, Kentucky
“Half Chicken”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I just had the Monday special at the restaurant in Holiday Inn in Norton, Virginia. I had the 8 dollar half chicken served with carrots, celery, and potatoes. It was worth at least 30 dollars. It was perfect.

• Visited June 2014

Charleston, West Virginia
“Slow but good”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was here for a business meeting. We all had something different and everyone's food was very good. My Steak was cooked perfectly as was my veggies. Service was very slow for only having two tables set. But worked out perfect for our meeting ;o)

Visited April 2014
Clearwater, Florida
“Good Breakfasts...OK Dinners...Friendly Service”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Norton multiple times and usually eat there once each time. The breakfast menu is nice, service is very friendly and reasonably efficient. They even have several low carb alternatives on the menu. The coffee is hot and always tastes freshly brewed. They are happy to give you a to-go cup of it for the road. Breakfast prices are reasonable-In the 10-15 times I have been there I have never had the experience of one reviewer who said they were overcharged. I think the dinner selections are a little pricey for what you get, but still reasonable. Nothing surprising or innovative on menu- basic hotel restaurant choices. Everything I have had was prepared well. Ambiance? Zero. It's a big dining room on top (5th) floor of the hotel. Very bland. Windows provide a view of downtown Norton, but that is about three minutes of entertainment. Otherwise, the TV on the wall is the focal point. I would recommend breakfast and maybe try dinner if you don't want to leave the hotel. The other restaurant choices are scarce in Norton unless you love fast food.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank feldos52
Richmond, KY
“Am thinking that this place is going downhill?”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We had heard good reviews of this place from a couple of our friends. So our party of four ventured up to the fifth floor, where the restaurant is located in this decent-average Holiday Inn. The staff were pleasant and attentive throughout our short lived experience. We ordered cockails and wine, which were great. I ordered a glass of dry local merlot, and was suprised by the profile, better than a simple Woodbridge merlot in any year. Unfortunately, on a Saturday night, at 7:30pm, the place was empty, and we were the first diners, according to our wait staff. That didn't make us feel good. One of our menus had significant crusted food on the inside, and that was a turn off. I regret not saying anything about it, because now some other unsuspecting guest will get that same menu. The views from the fifth floor were really nice, but we felt uncomfortable in the absence of other diners that we decided to walk to another place nearby. We didn't get to try their food, but the menu looked nice. One other very odd thing, the restaurant didn't have any unsweetened tea. They offered us sweetened tea, but we turned that down and asked for water instead. The chef had tried to make unsweetened teaor us in the coffee maker, but we were told that that experiment was unsuccessful and that the tea was not drinkable. We were fine with water. Just odd. The staff were doing the best they could with what they had I guess. Poor Norton is becoming a ghost town and no one seems to realize it.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Cybermirth
North Manchester
“good food/ nasty people”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The BLT and fries was delicious and the chicken was as well. I do believe they are over priced, they're female attendants are poor mannered and rude.. they over charged me the price of the food for a larger tip... So WATCH OUT FOR THAT ..make sure your food is priced correctly and do not let them tell u phony lupols and additional charges that don't even exist.

Visited September 2013