Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Norton
Reviewed July 28, 2012

In one word,..... DISGUSTING!!! We were supposed to stay for 3 nights but checked out after the first. They only had smoking rooms available which aren't usually ideal but have been tolerable in the past. It smelled like people had been smoking in that room for 20+ years with no ventilation and no laundry service. It was old, run-down, gloomy, and just plain miserable. I would not recommend anyone to stay here!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stacie A
Manny H, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Stacie A,

First I would like to thank you for taking the time out to write a review of our property. I am sorry to hear that your experience left much to be desired. During your stay our property was filled with only smoking rooms available which was mentioned to you at check in and while our property is dated we do provide clean and comfortable accommodations. I do wish that you would have mentioned your discontent regarding your stay with us while you were here. Since your stay we have started to undergo remodeling of the guests rooms and will continue these upgrades throughout the property. I do hope that when your travels bring you back to the Norton area you will give us a second chance.

M. Hernandez

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We go to Wise, Va to volunteer at Remote Area Medical/Dental every year. In booking our reservation for RAM 2012 we chose Inn at Norton although we were very concerned about all the negative comments posted on the reviews. I want to say we did NOT encounter any of those problems. The desk clerk was pleasant at 9:30pm even after being chewed out by the arrivals in front of us. Our room was adequate for what we needed after working a 5am-5pm shift. The grounds were well kept even with the hotel packed for RAM weekend. The continental breakfast was well displayed and the area clean. We have no complaints and also want to mention we appreciate all the help Susan Downs gave us with our reservations. Yes, we will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vicky W
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This motel was HORRIBLE! It sounded great when we heard the price so we took it! It has a indoor/outdoor pool yes but when we walked down to the pool there was a BIG black woman (not racist) sitting with her legs sprawled out but we ignored it because it wasn't the motel's fault but then when we got in there was BLACK curly hair floating around in the pool. Next, the bathroom toilet kept flushing itself during the night due to a leak & there was black mold water damage in the corner of the ceiling. We found a toenail clipping in the bed along with some pubic hairs & as we was leaving a woman was walking with her dog down the hallway & allowed it to hike its leg on the wall. We set the temperature on the air conditioner to 65 but it was so hot in the room and it didn't help anything that the blanket was THICK! Overall, it did have good HOT water pressure and of course FREE ICE! That's it though, great location but very poor motel!

• Stayed: July 2012
Manny H, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out and writing a review of our property. I’m sorry to hear that your hotel stay was less than pleasurable. I have passed along your complaints regarding the cleanliness of your room to our housekeeping supervisor to ensure that all rooms are thoroughly cleaned as well as all public areas. Glad to hear you found our location ideal, and our staff was friendly and helpful. I do hope that if you are in the area you will consider staying with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly regarding your stay.

M. Hernandez

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I remember staying at this hotel last summer with my aunt and cousins coming back to wisconsin from south carolina. My cousin and I went to go check prices and the woman at the desk just stared at us... he said she was like a wicked witch. So my aunt made our reservation and we walk down the hallway and the housekeeper is smokin a cig and her teenage daughter was on the cellphone "helping" her clean the room. Down the hallway, a trucker was clipping his toenails on the couch by the side entrance. I almost vomited. The room has black mold in the bathroom and my aunt swore she saw mice, which she is deathly afraid of. My cousin and I were hungry, so we went across the street to Subway. The girls working there were cute and said they felt bad for us because we were staying there. In the morning, the breakfast was two boxes of cereal and jugs of milk... woohoo... as having a career in the hotel industry, this place was pretty bad. I would never treat a guest like the woman at the desk did and a complementary breakfast is a MUST to have great reviews. (Just some tips.) It was a cool building, though! The landscape and pool were very unique. I would maybe stay again.

P.s. they did have a cool library in the lobby. Lots of old books.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Based on some of the earlier reviews I was a bit hesitant to stay but decided to give it a try. I stayed on a Monday night, it was quiet, the staff was very nice, the room was average, clean but not spotless, beds were comfortable, decent linens, shower pressure and hot water was fine, continental breakfast was average but extra points for fresh oranges and apples along with standard pastry, waffles, etc. Nice lobby and comfortable breakfast area. Motel has several 2 story connected bldgs, don't think there is an elevator. The motel was lightly occupied, and I did not notice anyone that appeared to be other than basic motel guests (as referenced in earlier reviews). The front desk said the normal rate is $85+ which in my opinion is 15%-20% too high for this motel but we had a coupon from the rest stop for $49.95+ and at that price, thought the motel was an excellent value. I'll stay again when in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for any room location preferences you may have, they seem eager to please.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Ate at Led Belly's tonight and the food was good but I had the worst service ever. THere was a short dark haired waitress who was very loud and obnoxious and was upset that I didn't give her a 10 dollar tip or more.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Have stayed at the Inn at Norton twice for a few weeks at a time in the Fall. The Staff is very nice! Rooms are clean. No major problems during our stay. Had problems with the internet in 2010 but on this last stayin 2011 they seemed to have fixed that problem. There is a bar, Fizz Too, located in the hotel which has a DJ and sometimes Live music. The new restaurant Led Belly's BBQ has decent food and is conveniently located in the hotel also. Housekeepers went out of their way to accomodate us on our extended stay and are very friendly! The manager of the the hotel helped me strap down our belongings when we departed. The location is close by shopping. The breakfast provided is more than the normal continental breakfast. The hotel also offers a fitness room with cardio machines and both an indoor and outdoor pool with hottub. Beds are a bit harder than most places. Laundry room is a big convenience! The room prices are reasonable especially for extended stays!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norton
Holiday Inn Norton
Super 8 Norton VA
Super 8 Norton VA
#1 of 4 in Norton
Best Western Of Wise

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!