“Nice people...not so nice every thing else.”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Norton
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Me and my family went there yesterday. The service was good...the lady at the front desk moved our room three times just so we could have a room by the pool. But when we got to our room one bed was hard as a brick and the other one almost flipped over when I sat on it...then when I checked the bed for bed bugs (which happily I didn't find any) I noticed small hairs on the bed (and I have a feeling they weren't head hairs). Then we decided that we would go to the restaurant that was in the hotel. The food was undercooked and greasy. But waitress kindly didn't charge us for the nasty food.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 9, 2011

The Inn at Norton was a great place to stay. We went there on a very hot summer motorcycle trip for an overnight stay on our way to fun on the twisties of Western NC. Finding good lodging on short notice can be a risky venture to say the least. We were pleasantly surpised at the personable service, friendly faces and especially a clean facility. The pool was a bonus. It is indoor and outdoor with a hot tub. What more could we ask for! The continental breakfast offered a bit more than typical with a self-serve waffle machine, which the kids loved using and made easy delicious fresh cooked waffles. When in the area or passing through, we will certainly stay here again.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

It is impossible to list all of the issues with this hotel. From roaches, filth, loud drunk and possible "working girls" in the halls at all hours..as well as a very bad incident which the police had to come at 3:30 am because a drunk woman had a master keycard and entered the room..because the dead bolt was not operable. Rough crowds. Scary place. Nothing positive.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Travelrer
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Broken down Vehicles in the Parking lot,Prostitutes Leaving Rooms Early in the Morning on Friday,Saturday and Sunday,Used Condoms on the Floor in the Hallway,Permanant Residents Families Yelling and Screaming as well as running with there Dogs through the Hallway at Mid Night,People Smoking Pot in the Hallway,Coming back to your Room and finding the Door Open after being gone for 12 Hours,Money missing from your Room.I went to House Keeping to ask for some Clean Sheets and was told they only Change Sheets on Thursdays.People leaving the Bar and walking through the Hall Ways at 2 Oclock in the Morning Scream and Fighting.Being told you can call the Police but they cant go in our Rooms.All this with 4 Little League Teams of 9 and 10 Year Old Girls in the Hotel.Then being told by the front Desk Staff what do you expect we have a Bar in the Hotel.If you have Rated this Place above a one You are either a Liar or some one that has used one the above mentioned Items.

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn or Drive to Abington.
2  Thank Socks18
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Anyone who says this place is nice must be spamming for this hotel. I can not believe they charged $80 a room for this roach motel. Avoid this place at all costs!!! This dump is unbelievably bad and dangerous. This little "slice of heaven" comes complete with late night fights, prostitution, squatters in the common areas, broken down vehicles in the parking lot and overt drug use. The smell of "pot" was so bad on the weekends you could not get away from it. The fact that the only "club/bar" for 20 miles in any direction, is located here, only makes matters worse, drunks everywhere on fri/sat nights. That and the fact that about half the rooms are taken up by residents (people living here for up to a year). The rooms are dirty and extremely out dated. The bathrooms are moldy and the tile is filthy. The carpet looks like its about 30 years old. The lobby is very nice, so do not be fooled by it! However the staff is nice, but not real helpful. I WOULD NOT COME HERE OR RETURN!! The pool is dirty and nothing in this place works. None of the vending or laundry machines were functional. The so call restaurant here serves about 4 different dishes of bar food and the free breakfast is a few slices of white bread, stale cereal and a waffle maker. If you come here you will be disappointed. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank ClarkWashington
Reviewed July 6, 2011

The management and personnell was AWESOME!!!We were at the Inn for 10 days and they accomadated all of our needs. Manny the manager totally hooked us up and made us feel welcomed and comfortable.Scott the maintenance man was super helpful and gave us ideas and directions to sights worth seeing! all in all they made it a place i would definitely come back too!!!

1  Thank hallgirl64
Reviewed June 25, 2011

The Inn at Norton is a good place to stay in especially if one is passing through Virgina to other parts of the United States. I liked their hospitality and respect to customers. I also have noticed a good customer service of the waitresses.
On monday June 20th, I got my keys to the assigned room and the first thing I wanted to do was, take shower. I went to the bath room and started the tap. The moment I stepped in the bath I found it to be so slippery. I tried my best to stand and stay still but to no avail. I fell down pretty hard and felt like my hip bones were broken. I called and told the front desk about the situation of the bath room but as far as i was there no one showed up to fix the problem. This is not to deny all the good benefits that one can get from this hotel. However, fixing the problem is one step ahead to perfection and competition with other neighboring hotels.
The buffet dinner, and breakfast was good. I would also like to appreciate the management of this hotel for opening the conference room for EPG group to use it. Anyone who wants to stop by spend a night or more in The Inn at Norton will get the privileges of swimming and socializing with different people. So I encourage you to swing in this hotel when ever you pass by Norton, VA. Luwam Okbazion, BCSN.; EPG Cohort 8, Berea College.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business