“Plan Ahead--don't include this in your plans!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Atria Inn & Suites

Atria Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Norton
Bowling Green, KY
“Plan Ahead--don't include this in your plans!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2007

This place leaves a lot to be desired. We stayed here the last night on a 6 day motorcycle trip and can assure you next time we will make plans to stay somewhere else. If you are in this area look elsewhere. The "Prime Rib" buffet looked like it had been out for 2 weeks. The "Hot Tub" was about 70 degrees and the room was in bad shape. The towels are in bad need of replacement and you can't tell if the rags are dirty or just need bleach. We got a rollaway bed but ended up taking the mattress off and put it in the floor.

I would probably sleep in my car if I had one instead of this place.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank KyVentureRider

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2007

I don't have time right now for my complete review. I will write my book later. Most horrible experience in my life...and I travel extensively. Everyone working there was horribly rude and did not want to be there. I had 3 reservations. When I got home to SC. I was charged with 4 rooms on my Visa. They said that I made 4 reservations. If I had made 4 reservations...One room that they admitted wasn't stayed in...then why would my son have gone and rented another room on the same night?...Watch these people...they will steal from you if given the opportunity. The girl named Sara was just aweful...I tried to explain to her that I had only 3 rooms reserved...she told me that there was no reason to call and talk to anyone else cause as far as she was concerned we had nothing else to talk about. The pool was degraded the rooms looked like 1960's. There was trash everywhere...Stay under a bridge somewhere... This place is HORRIBLE... I will write my review later....The 97.00 that they overcharged me was well worth me being able to tell my numerous family and friends living in Va. and that visit often...NOT to stay there...I will do everything in my power to let EVERYONE know....NOT to stay there,eat there, party there...Complete...DUMP...

• Liked — It was close to my Family reunion
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank skyshadow11

Travelers are raving about these Norton hotels

Manakin, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2006

I have stayed at this hotel over 250 nights in the last 10 years, often booking up to five rooms for the colleagues that accompanied me. Most stays were for 3 to 5 days. I always found the staff to be helpfull and courteous, and they went the extra step to ensure a good stay. The rooms were well appointed, clean and well set up, with the occasional problem addressed immediately. The food in the restaurant was always well prepared with large portions. In spite of the heavy traffic nearby, I always had a quiet room.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank Lawrence P
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2005

This place is pretty much a truck stop.... My husband and I stayed her the weekend of 7/22/05 while attending a family reunion is Wise, VA. The BestWestern in Wise was booked so this was the only other 3-star property available.
This is not a 3-star property. The room we stayed in seem fairly new (new comforters, drapes & furniture) however, the carpet was filthy, the bathroom toilet suit was covered in urine, and the tiled floors in the bathroom needed a mop and some water. It was quite evident that the floor had not been mopped for sometime (dirt in the grooves, and stains). The bathroom fan did not work and the bathroom amenities were scarce. My sister-in-law's room was suppose to be non-smoking but it reaked of smoke. Her drapes, comforters etc. looked like something out of the 80's.
We had breakfast in the restaurant which was okay (huge portions) but I had a hard time sitting due to the condition of almost every chair in the restaurant. They were stained and dirty and had not been cleaned in sometime. I tried switching chairs but they were all in the same condition. Not a nice thing to sit on when you're in shorts.

Truckers seem to like this placea lot, as the parking lot was filled with trucks on a nightly basis.

• Stayed July 2005
6 Thank ATLtraveler
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2005

I spend over 75 nights per year in hotels. I am really looking for a clean and quiet location that offers some level of customer service. This Holiday Inn fits the bill. It is located in the small town of Norton, in the midst of beautiful mountain scenery.
The staff is very courteous and go out of their way to help.
Today ( April 24), my car was covered in 4 inches of unseasonal snow and someone was sent out with a scraper to help me out. The restaurant staff is very sweet and kind and the portions are large. The food is not gourmet but the service makes it quite suitable. I enjoyed a QUIET night's sleep and that is what counts for me! Nice place for a peaceful weekend.
John, the front desk clerk is especially kind and deserves a big pat on the back! I would love to stay here again.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norton
Days Inn Norton VA
Super 8 Norton VA
Super 8 Norton VA
#1 of 4 in Norton
BEST WESTERN Of Wise

Been to Atria Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!