“Great hotel with excellent service - highly recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SENTIDO Pula Suites Golf & Spa

SENTIDO Pula Suites Golf & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Son Servera
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Great hotel with excellent service - highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

My wife & I (aged 49 & 50) stayed for 5 nights in the middle of June and cannot praise this hotel enough. The location, although somewhat isolated, suited us perfectly as we had a car and could be at the coast within 5 - 10 minutes. The hotel itself is very well run and the staff could not be more helpful.
Our first floor superior suite (158) was huge and overlooked the pool area - see the photo's attached. The pool was quiet and there were always plenty of sun beds.
We only used the restaurant for breakfast, but once again, the quality of the service was excellent and the buffet was extensive.
Check in and check out was totally painless and we even got a lift to our room on a golf buggy with our luggage. Check out was equally painless and although we had to vacate our room by midday, we were told that we could make use of the showers & changing rooms in the spa to prepare for our departure later in the afternoon. The spa is lovely, with an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, plunge pool etc etc. Treatments are available at an extra cost.
All in all we would wholeheartedly recommend this place - particularly for couples.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bodgerdog3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Windermere, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed here with our daughter and son-in-law recently and absolutely loved it. We stay in Majorca 3 or 4 times a year but it's been a few years since we stayed in this area. We loved the rural aspect and found it incredibly relaxing. As Majorca isn't a particularly large island getting about from here is fine. We drove to Pollensa old town, Palma, Alcudia and Peurto Portals in the evening, all within a reasonable drive. The suites are great, spacious and comfortable. I read about "the cave" before our visit and was a little intrigued as to what it would be like!!! I needn't have worried, the walk in shower was clean, huge and had beautiful rustic Majorcan stone tiles . If this is not your style go somewhere else!!! It's really important to do your homework before you book a holiday, and find something that you like!! The gardens and pool area are beautifully kept, my daughter used the spa every day and had several treatments which they felt were really good value and very professional. The staff were all excellent, special mention to a lovely waiter who looked after us in the morning and also on the terrace at lunchtime, sadly I never got his name but he told me he had a 5 year old daughter and lovely wife so he knows who he is !!!! An absolute credit to the hotel. We only ate snacks at Pula which were all of high quality, next time we will eat dinner too as it looked amazing. We will definitely return and will recommend, but remember it's 10 minutes from the sea and it's rustic, so don't blame them!!! It's definately 5 stars though!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sassy01
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

Having just arrived back from a wonderfully relaxing break at the Pula Suites complex, I can wholeheartedly recommend it from every perspective! Even a simple lunch by the pool was made into a real experience by the breathtaking views afforded by the hotel's position. Echoing thoughts of other reviews here, the quality of the staff and their welcoming manner was one of the key differentiators of the hotel - exemplified by the care and attention that went into making our mojitos! Hiring a car is a must I think, but the area is easy to navigate around. Perhaps the key omission from this review is the golf as my friend and I were just looking for a beautiful place with good food, service and picturesque surroundings, which we receieved in abundance! Our suite was a highlight -clean, very spacious and with a fantastic terrace to sit on and admire the views further. Our first night in the hotel was a real treat with a 6 course Italian set menu of superb quality, with tasty little dishes that were just the right size to leave you perfectly sated but not overly full. Eating on the lit up patio created a warm and relaxing atmosphere. As an aside from the subject of the hotel, the beaches around Can Picafort / Alcudia are well worth the 15/20 minute drive! To summarise, as a non-golfer I think I can say that for any golf widows looking to influence your husband's next choice of hol I'd direct his glance here if I were you!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lizzie1980_10
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

We've been to this hotel many times which says it all really. We're not golfers, although its a golf resort hotel, but we are fussy about hotels & Pula suites gets it right. We go there to enjoy the peace of a really lovely hotel with excellent rooms & facilities. Over the years, its style has changed but with the new director, they are getting it just right. Rooms (suites really) are great, roomy, very comfortable with a beautiful outlook and good failities. The restaurant is excellent for all meals- relaxed if you want it, more formal if that's what you prefer, we like to eat out on the terrace & even if they're busy, they will always set up a table for you. The best bit of all is the staff. Again, it says it all really when you know that it is pretty much the same team now as was at the hotel when it opened 10 years ago. They are terrific, friendly, efficient, a delight! OK, you could argue that we're biased but we have never failed to have anything but an excellent stay in all the times we have visited, how many hotels can you say that about? We think its the best kept secret on Majorca, its not on the coast (maybe 5kms inland) but that just makes it the perfect retreat to escape to.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank terryb0607
Livrpool
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2009

Booked on Saturday for arrival Monday for a 2 week stay, in 2 adjacent standard suites on a half board basis.
Reception very tidy, staff very courteous during our wait to check in (before noon) as housekeeping were "just checking the rooms". Our car was unloaded and parked for us. The children were driven to the rooms on a golf cart with the cases, we followed on foot, I looked at some of the suites higher up the hill from the main path to our suites, I joked to my wife that it was a bit like Butlins, I really was only joking.
The suites over-looked the dining area, surrounded by lawns and flowers. So far so good.
Then the doors were opened and we were shown in......first thing we noticed, in both suites, was a musty,damp, smell. The suites were a good size, tiled floors, reasonable size seating area, slightly tired furnishings. The adjoining bedroom appeared light and airy with a metal framed 4 poster style bed. Large set of wardrobes between the bedroom and the bathroom, we opened the doors and the wardrobes were fully illuminated. Into the bathroom next.
Again the bathroom was a reasonable size.
Large basin surround, large bath, wc and bidet area behind a dividing wall, shower room next to the bath with a frosted glass door; sounds great, eh?
The shower room / enclosure had no window, no ventilation and no lights. No this cannot be right , maybe we just can't find the switch? We checked again, there was no light. It was near noon on a glorious August day in Mallorca, the bathroom lights were on, and with the shower room door shut it was like being in a cave. I suppose we could shower in the gloom, but more importantly COULD ANYONE EVER HOPE TO CLEAN THE SHOWER IN THIS GLOOMY HALF LIGHT? I doubt it very much. We removed the hygiene, paper strip from the WC and lifted the lid. I am not sure if any one had ever cleaned this for some time or even looked into the pan immediately before attaching this strip to confirm it had been cleaned.
Maybe the lack of lights in our shower was an oversight, I checked the kids suite next door. they had already started checking out their room, they had found the "black hole" or shower room. They were sat there with faces as long as the 2 weeks they could see before them in their musty smelling suite. The decor in their suite seemed even more tired, or exhausted, than ours. So exhausted that the paint on the sitting area wall must have gone away for a holiday of its own........
We are we must admit very, very fussy travelers, we live in a nice house and like to stay in nicer places.
If one room had been in this condition it may have been a fluke or a mistake, it can happen even in the best of hotels. But we had two adjacent rooms in equally poor condition, was it really worth calling reception to complain, to request another pair of rooms? These rooms were were told, had just been checked by housekeeping, while we were waiting in reception with a complimentary drink and the polite staff. If house keeping had just checked these there could not be much hope for the others.

We left our bags, headed for the car and started looking for another hotel.

We found another hotel, but it was not available until the following day (see excellent review elsewhere). We had paid for one night at the Pula Suites in advance, so we returned later that day after a small tour of North-West Mallorca.

We decided to change before our evening meal, I braved the shower cave as I had been caving when I was younger. I now see why there may be a reason for no light in the cave. when the shower was turned on it sprayed water everywhere, some of it even hit me, I thought the shower head was not tightened correctly but it was. No form of electric light in this cave could have been safe with the random direction of the water jets from the shower head. It did however dislodge several hairballs or spiders to be washed around my feet before they headed for the drain somewhere in the gloom.
My wife decided not to use the cave shower but use the bath. Luckily, we were getting ready early. the bath filled as if the taps were fed by drinking straw sized pipes, after half an hour she bathed in a puddle in the bottom of the bath.
She reached for a new towel to be greeted by a clump of human hair......not any of ours.

I needed a shave, I filled the wash basin, thankfully the water pressure was fine. the only problem was the plug was too big; someone had attached a bath plug to the basin chain. It was impossible to fill the basin.

Then the music started, we thought the TV had switched its self on to a classical music channel at full volume. The TV was off but the music continued, we parted the curtains in the bedroom and saw the music was coming from the dining area in front of our room where three men were playing classical music, we also noticed how badly sand covered the bedroom window was, looked like it had never been cleaned.

We went to eat, The waiters gave us a seat on the patio and showed us the menus. whilst the performers played at full volume but between each piece of music the silence was almost as deafening!

The menus were for a four course meal and all of the choices seemed very complex, a great deal of thought and care had gone into the dishes; but not much appealed to the two adults and three children in our party. the waiters did agree to substitute some of the main courses for the children with pasta dishes. The food that was served was very well presented and some of the dishes were quite tasty but it was too pretentious to eat for 2 weeks we were relieved we were only staying one night.

After the meal we moved to the bar for drinks and were outnumbered by the staff. We moved back to our suites to have a drink from the minibar. I opened a bottle of wine from the minbar and was confronted by a foul smell, not from the wine in the bottle but from the outside of the bottle, it smelled as if it had been immersed in filthy water or more likely left in a closed switched off refrigerator for several months? This went straight in the bin.

We all went to bed, and had a very uncomfortable nights sleep on the four poster style beds, except for our youngest daughter who was on a single bed placed in their suite. As for these if you decide to stay here.

After an average, almost standard, European hotel breakfast (except for a few items that looked like last nights left overs re-heated) I checked out explaining my dissatisfation with the rooms, these were not 5 star standard. The receptionist looked puzzled as I had booked for 14 nights, he offered us other rooms immediately and checked on his computer then explained that our rooms had not been used for some time (You Don't Say!). I explained that if this was the case they should have been thoroughly cleaned and checked before being offered to paying guests. I explained that if there had been faults with one room I would have considered moving but as both were equally bad there seemed no point moving to other rooms that may be be equally bad.

We returned after re-packing our bags to settle the bill, another receptionist again offered us other rooms but I refused them. If the rooms we were given were not to the required standard I was not prepared to stay. I will pay for quality but I will not stay were the quality is poor.

We did not use any of the pools or other leisure facilities.

I would imaging staying here for golf may be OK but I have stayed in better travel lodge rooms. Needs more care and attention to rooms housekeeping and maintenance.
Give it a Miss.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
8 Thank FussyTraveler34
derbyshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

Having booked this resort specifically for its golf and fitness facilities, boy were we let down.
The golf course was in such a poor state we did not play, a municipal course would be in a better state and to claim they have fitness facilities is a joke, a box room with a handful of machines, more than 3 people working out at once would be a struggle it was so small, with low tech. and outdated equipment. This resort is in dire need of some investment and updating.
We rang our booking company on their '24hr' emergency number-LOWCOSTTRAVELGROUP.COM AND E-MAILED ALSO AND TO THIS DAY THEY HAVE NEVER RETURNED OUR CALL. Think hard about booking through them, if our 'shocking' experience is anything to go by.
However the staff were first class and could not have been more helpful and the suites themselves were very clean and spacious, the toiletries were basic and unappealing.The resort is a little isolated and you really need a car.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DerbyshireSophie
Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2008

I don’t know where to start. This place is superb. It is a true santuary for all and one of the best places I know on the island of Mallorca.

I held my wedding at Pula Suites on 5 July 2008. The experience went beyond whatever I imagined – it didn’t feel like “my wedding” – my wedding was never supposed to be this perfect!

My family and I were all looked after tremendously well by everyone within the hotel and I can’t thank the hotel enough. I really did feel pampered and made to feel important.

From our very first meeting with the manager, Senor Robles, I knew this was the right place for us to have our wedding. We went to look at the hotel “on spec” in March. Senor Robles made us feel exceptionally welcome and showed us around the hotel.

After deciding to hold our wedding there, our family booked their places and we booked our rooms with the hotel. We were a total of 13 + 2 children.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were given the opportunity to choose our room (a little special I know!). However, Senor Robles knew I had two little ones (3 and 1) and wanted to make sure I was happy. The resort is beautiful and set on various levels with steps and I was conscious that my little boy (1) would be down them like a football so wanted a lower floor suite where I didn’t have to worry. I was given a beautiful suite close to the pool. Perfect for the entrance to my pool-side wedding location.

The actual ceremony itself was officiated by the vicar of Puerta Pollensa, Michael Redfern and it was an honour for us to have him there. The service was meaningful and appropriate and as though he had known us for years. Besides the pool, under the trees at 6pm we started our evening service. The hotel had dealt with everything – chairs, music, microphone, flowers and cordoning off the area from other guests. It was truly an honour to be treated in this way. Other guests joined in our ceremony and evening celebration as we wanted our party to be part of everyone’s experiences.

I can’t begin to describe the food available at the hotel. Not only was our wedding menu absolutely stunning, the fantastic cuisine continued on a daily basis for those eating within the hotel restaurant. The hotel has an amazing chef who has cooked for Spanish royalty and from the standard of fresh ingriediants, flavours and presentation, we believe this accolade! Our wedding menu contained everything we had asked for – local mallorcan produce and the chef’s speciality. However, the scale of superlative cannot be comprehended – unless you ate with us! The jewel in the crown was our very own “crown of seafood” with lobster and caviar. We had enjoyed various cocktail starters, starters, and dessert. We were all extremely pleased with the service, entertainment and wine.

The rooms are spacious, luxurious and welcoming. The pool is interesting for all ages and clean. The complex is colourful, tranquil and welcoming.

We loved our time there. Our thanks to Senor Robles, Salvador and the team of staff who looked after us tremendously during our stay. I’d also like to mention and thank the other guests in the hotel for their congratulations and good wishes and for taking part in our celebration. I’d also like to mention our wonderful, fantastic photographer who we found through an internet search. Chris from Pixology came to visit us at the hotel to discuss our requirements. He arrived early on the day. He was unobtrusive whilst taking photos and ultimately professional in all his time with us. The photos he provided us with are absolutely stunning and I am so pleased that my wedding pictures tell a story of genuine enjoyment in a truly beautiful environement.

As mentioned before, I really didn’t think I would have a wedding that would be so perfect. The team at Pula Suites are commended and thanked for the experience (and Chris at Pixology). Price wise – very competitive. You’ll be surprised that a 5* establishment comes in very competitive. Worth every penny.

• Liked — Rooms, service, staff, FOOD, being treated very special for my wedding.
  • Disliked — The fact my fridge didn't work (small complaint but will hopefully be mended for next time!)
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Liose
IBEROSTAR Suites Hotel Jardin del Sol
Pula Golf Resort
Pula Golf Resort
#2 of 2 in Son Servera

Been to SENTIDO Pula Suites Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!