“fantastic stay”

Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Sa Coma
essex
“fantastic stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed for a week in june (1st-8th). The hotel, the staff, the food was amazing and can not fault a single thing. We had a junior suite that overlooked the pool and we could see the sea, absolutley loved every minute of it and didnt want to go home! We will definately go back at some point.

4 Thank amie b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Polish first
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

My Wife and I have just returned from 2 weeks at the Biomar and are already planning our return. From arriving at reception and receiving a free upgrade to a suite, the whole experience was excellent. Whilst this was our first time at the Biomar, it was our third visit to Sa Coma and although the area has nothing special to commend it, the walks to Cala Millor and Cala Bona are worthwhile. However we did not feel the need to leave the complex often, as reasonable prices for drinks and a wide range of good quality food available from the buffet and Terrace Grill throughout our stay, met our needs for a totally relaxed holiday. The best thing about the Biomar is that it manages to achieve a high standard of service whilst ensuring that you always feel at ease. This is largely due to the quality of the staff; I have never come across more helpful, friendly or efficient workers anywhere, particularly Jan and the guys in the Piano Bar. The staff are a credit to the hotel, as is the Manager, 'Toni'; whose personality and 'hands-on' style of visible and accessible management is the driving force behind what is a very special and welcoming experience. Heartily recommended.

Room Tip: Those rooms overlooking the pool have more sun and less traffic noise but I do not think that there...
4 Thank BluetoonerScotland
Lossiemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel comes highly recommended. We have just returned from a weeks holiday in this hotel and I cannot recommend it highly enough. The standard of accommodation was excellent, the staff were attentive and were always helpful and polite. The food was beautifully presented and the choice was amazing. There was also a wonderful spa in the hotel grounds which provided fantastic well priced beauty treatments. The surrounding area provided beautiful walks along stunning beaches and coves, or woodland walks. There was also a fantastic cycle track with plenty of hire shops and rental was extremely reasonable. Overall you must visit this hotel as it is Simply the Best!.

5 Thank mair1953
Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have just returned from an 11 night stay at the Biomar and am still talking about it..My husband and I have been travelling abroad for about 40 years and this is the best European hotel we have stayed in. I am particularly fussy about the comfort and cleanliness of the accommodation and I could not find any fault with it . We were fortunate in that we were upgraded to a junior suite, I think this is because the hotel was only half full,but it was a nice gesture.
The food was excellent and the staff remarkably friendly.
We used the spa because guests are allowed free use once a day and it was very impressive.
The only negative comment I can make is that the pool was extremely cold, part of the day's entertainment was watching people's reactions when they entered the water!! This did not stop my husband from swimming but it was too cold for me.
Sa Coma is an interesting resort some parts more attractive than others, definitely family-orientated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. The road is noisy from 8 am to 9 am and again in the early even...
5 Thank stewartHampshire
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Travelled first week in June 2013 as a couple. Had stayed in the 4* sister hotel next door and thought that was very good, this hotel however was excellent. We were the only two checking in, lovely lobby, very quiet and cool. Glass of Champagne or Spanish bubbly not quite sure as not a wine drinker. We were upgraded to a junior suite so nice little bonus. However the suite was one of the closest to the road so was fairly noisy, had I paid for the room I would have complained. The room itself was first class, plenty of room, two balconies, two TV's, dual sinks etc, lovely shower. Wi-fi in the room was rubbish, however there was a network cable socket if you had cable or you could ask reception for a wifi router that could be plugged in which I thought was a nice touch. Wi-fi was good enough for a hotel stay but don't expect to be on streaming on Youtube. Wi-Fi round the main pool was rubbish too, however good round the junior pool, hotel could do with an extender in the Terrace Grill - it's a small matter.

On two occasions I saw some children round the adult pool with their parents, staff all ignored them, why bother having a rule if you're not going to enforce it! Both Pool's were freezing cold, they needed heating just a little to take the edge off. Get some solar heaters Protur!

Food was mostly excellent, the veg was a bit of a let down though, everything seemed to be cooked in oil, or fried. Simple lightly boiled veg would have been nice, although I'm sure the excellent staff would have done this for me should I have asked. One thing that does bug me is during breakfast they provide water, however at dinner they don't, you have to pay!

Drinks were more expensive than the 4* sister hotel. Two G+T's nearly 20 Euro's, but they were large ones. 30cl draft beer costs 3 Euro's, a can of the same beer can be bought in Euroski round the corner for 40 cents.

In short it's an amazing hotel that I'll visit again.

5 Thank mrp001
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Travelled to this hotel at the end of April as a couple for a week. We booked the holiday with Thomsons as a package and had transfers included - transfer via mini bus book an hour and we were the only couple to be dropped of outside - first impressions we that everything was spotless & on check in we were taken to our room & shown how things worked. The room was imaculate however the view was not that impressive as it overlooked the road, luckily it was not too busy but i feel in July/August this may be different. It would be niceer if Thomson's offered rooms overlooking the pool or negotiated better rates for the Junior suites as the upgrade cost to book one in the UK was expensive.
I fell in love with the Cava Sangria cocktails there and on my return to the UK I emailed the hotel and they sent me the recipe immediately - so i'm now making my own lovely cockatails and recommending the hotel to our friends and family.
My husband and I both relaxed immediately at this hotel - the food is excellent with a huge choice for every taste, the pool area is very comfortable and relaxing & the swim up bar is lovely but wasn't used during our stay as the pool was cold. All of the staff were all excellent and polite and always on hand to help - in fact we have no negative points at all about the hotel.
I have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to anybody as i know they'll love it as much as we did. We had a great week and can't wait to return.

Many thanks to all the staff

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lisa S
mottram cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Checked in Wednesday may 8 th for I week. First signs fruit plate awaited us large room preceded by corridor with smart bathroom double sinks ,bath and drench shower(and hand held as well).staff extremely welcoming luggage collected and taken to room with full explanation how everything worked expected for 5 star.asked for room overlooking pool. But said none available unless we pay for upgrade for junior suite.room was fine for time we spent there but as previously mentioned traffic noise and not a lot of sun time on balcony not worth for 1 week to pay more ,not a budget holiday anyway ,we had half board and could have a full board cruise for the same price.no problem with towel layers on sunbeds and the thick mattresses, double beds with drapes at the pool were lovely.swim up bar and again attentive staff.
the only disappontment(after not getting the suite upgrade that all the previous reviewers seem to have got) was that after a couple nights I realised we had not had our passports back off reception.we went to ask and the young man was adamant that they were not in their possession.we then had the most miserable night stripping our room and belongings returning to reception again to ask could he look into other rooms documentation near ours in case they had been placed in the wrong 'pigeonhole'. Again no they never kept passports and no they were not there., we went to bed,Preparing to visit the consul in the morning,later we had a phone call to say the manager had them in the safe,no apology.next morning went to collect them and again not even a sorry.now yes we were glad to have them back but why had no one notified us beforehand they still had them.felt sick all that night both my husband and I had agreed lost passports .would be the end of the good experience and the relaxing holiday.shame as the food ,the staff ,surroundings were as good as everyone says but that put a downer on it for us.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel BonSol Resort & Spa
Park Hyatt Mallorca
Park Hyatt Mallorca
#1 of 14 in Canyamel

Been to Protur Biomar Gran Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!