We stayed as a family of 4, with 2 teenagers, for the first 2 weeks of August. We had 2 adjoining rooms, which really are as nice as everyone says - very big, 2 twin beds, sofa bed, coffee table and flat screen TV, dressing table and double wardrobe, mini fridge and tea making facilities, and a lovely marble bathroom with rainfall shower. Maid service very day and linen change once a week.
The staff in every part of the hotel are so friendly; just a really nice bunch who obviously are proud to work for Protur and it shows. Food is excellent, varied every day, and always kept nice and fresh, even during the last 30 mins of service, they were bringing out new dishes. There's a main restaurant and a pool bar/restaurant for lunch times/mid-morning/mid-afternoon snacks.
If pushed, I have 4 criticisms - 1) the lifts haven't been 're-furbed' as the rest of the hotel has, there still quite small and antiquated which is a shame as the rest of the public areas are great. 2) The layout of the hotel is not a great design when it comes to the sun during the day, but don't make this an issue - go to the beach which is a 2 minute stroll with your drinks(!), and set up camp there, beautiful white, soft sand which shelves into the clearest blue sea. 3) The old story of sunbeds and towels is a pain, but I'd like to think probably only an issue during July/August and once again if you use the beach, who cares?? (The worrying thing is the hotel is 95% Brits!!)
4) The pool and the pool area, as a whole, is a little on the small side - they probably, in high season, could do with another pool and some dedicated day time activity areas, as having to listen to the First Choice Rep's Welcome Talk 2 or 3 times a week by the pool became a bit monotonous!! Also, they could offer so much more day time activity if they utilised the space they had a little better. However, the night entertainment was great (if a little cheesy sometimes), but always of a good standard, and hey, you're in Majorca in the summer - what do you expect?!!
I really am nit-picking with the criticisms above because it's a beautiful hotel, which I am sure in every other month of the year is absolutely spot on, it just struggles I feel in high season, as a lot of hotels do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel with 4 stars is one of our hotels in Majorca. Located in Sa Coma, it is located 100 meters from the Sa Coma beach and 500 meters from the small fishing port of s'Illot.Our hotel in Sa Coma has twin rooms and is perfect for families with children wishing to spend their holiday in Majorca.The outdoor pool is surrounded by gardens and terraces where you can enjoy the Majorcan sun.A full entertainment programme with evening shows and activities complete the leisure on offer at the Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Protur Palmeras Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel Sa Coma
- Protur Palmeras Playa Sa Coma, Majorca