“Filth and mould with no electricty hot water and other apartments that are worse”

Appartamentos Club Sa Coma
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Sa Coma
london, england
Reviewed October 24, 2010

We expected basic for the money we paid to go self catering but what we found was truly horrific. No clear help or idea where we booked in to get our keys and when we did find our 3rd floor apartment we found light fittings that didnt work, no electricity to the ancient and filthy fridge ( for which they had the audacity to try and charge 40 euros for or hob, no bedding other than sheets. Please bear in mind it is very cool in the evenings of October. Mould by the front door and in the bedroom where they have obviously been leaks. Poorly maintained lights, a filthy chipped bath with no hot water. No kettle and hob that had not been connected either. When we complained and I showed the receptionist the photos I had taken she shrugged and suggested I looked at another apartment. Same boat. They had a couldnot care less attitude which took customer service to an all time low. We had to wait seven hours to get two very thin blankets which were begrudgingly given. Because I was showing other arriving guests in the hotel the state of the apartments I was threatened with arrest so got the hotel managers name and the time she arrived.
There were a group of ten other couples who were equally dissatisied with aspects of the hotel, ranging from a murky main pool, to effluent leaking from a pipe in a second floor apartment, cracked glass in balcony doors of family rooms. The food for those on an all inclusive deal was said to be deplorable, but in fairness did improve after the meeting with the hotel manager so it turned out all right for them but they used the next door hotels pool. They then decided half way during our week when the weather improved to close and drain the only pool and I am sure that it will still be refilling by the time the children go back from half term. These apartments have been poorly maintained and do not deserve to get any further customers until essential repairs have been done and general standards improve drastically and that also includes a customer service course for all staff, including the maids. One of whom was extremely offensive to myself and my partner because she thought I did not understand Spanish.
If you want me to go on, I could but, I will not waste anymore of my time thinking about this DUMP!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Warrington
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We arrived at 13:30 local time and were amazed to find the pool area completely empty - it turned out that out of 52 apartments only 6 were occupied and 2 of these were by the 'caretaker' and her family. We were met by a receptionist wearing a dirty blouse who spoke little English - she showed us to a ground floor apartment which was dark and dirty. The floors were covered in fluff and dust and the walls were dirty with foot-prints on them. The bathroom was dark as there were no windows, the bath had been PAINTED white and was rusty. The bedroom was very basic and smelt musty. The bedroom window was cracked and the broken glass was loose. The kitchen area was a joke with 2 dirty electric hot plates, a tiny sink and a rusty old fridge. Although these apartments advertise themselves as self-catering there was no kettle or toaster although these could be hired at reception ! It was impossible to complain as the recetionist had disappeared and we had to wait over an hour for the 'care-taker' to appear. She only spoke Spanish and was not happy that I had complained. She showed us another apartment which was only slightly better but we had no choice but to stay as we had booked independently and had no rep on site. I spent the next 2 hours cleaning before we would like our 3 year old in. The bedroom in this apartment smelt musty and when we checked the wardrobe we could see why - it was mouldy. We spent the rest of our holiday living out of our suitcases and sleeping on mattresses in the living area. The apartment itself was awful and the only advantage to staying there was it's location. It is near to the beach, bars and shops and Sa Coma is lovely . We would go back to this location but we will never ever go back to these apartments.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank HelpdeskWarrington

Travelers are raving about these Sa Coma hotels

Manchester
Reviewed June 17, 2009

The rooms are basic and thats ok.Value for money but I was a single female and had problems with the only member of staff that was available. He lived on site. He spoke hardly any english and was a complete nusance. Twice knocking on my doors in the morning, followed me uninvited to the shops, hanging round the pool and I felt quite vunarable in my room at night. Guests agreed he was a problem for me but who to complain to?? I booked it directly and had no rep. Not reccomended for a girls holiday as he would be a pest. He left the married couples alone.Location is good a short walk to beach. the local restaurants are very good food. if you are a couple with children then its ideal value quiet accomodation with a good pool. No pool bar or snacks though. Sa coma resort itself is lovely and I would go there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank lozza1mc
n.ireland
Reviewed September 3, 2007

really basic apartments staff did not speak much english would only stay in these apartments if ur not fussy and get it booked cheap. basic hob and fridge however i was not planning on cooking go into the town few minutes walk away plenty of resturants to choose from all that i tryed served good food happy bar was pretty good clean and staff spoke perfect english.

Stayed August 2007
London
Reviewed August 2, 2007

AWFUL!! The was filthy, the bath was filthy and had been painted with
paint that was chipping away to reveal rust, there were pubic hairs in the soap dish, hair all over the floor. When we went in to the bedroom and turned the bed sheets down, one of the beds had a sheet on that was only half the size of the bed, the mattress had brown stains on which looked like blood stains. The smell in the bedroom was worse than in the bathroom, it was so bad my partner was physically sick. We couldn't work out where the smell was coming from, we tried to slide open the balcony door but the door was stuck and the bottom came out of the hinges and we struggled to keep it up without falling on top of us. There were so many mosquitoes in the room which we understand is natural in hot countries, we had sprays and repellent but we couldn't seem to get rid of them, they were coming from the bathroom and the bedroom. When I opened the wardrobe
door this is when I realised where the smell and the mosquitoes were coming from. Vents had been placed in the wall in the bathroom, I imagine to filter the steam/air from the bathroom and the vents lead into the wardrobe in the bedroom. This had made the wardrobe wood rotten and mouldy and the wardrobe was swarming with mosquitoes!

We spent the night sitting on the front room floor on our beach towels and had no sleep at all.

We understand basic and we have stayed in basic accommodation before but never have we stayed in a hotel that is so dirty and unhygienic.

It says in the website that the Club Sa Coma is located in a picturesque area, this is not true, when you walk out of the hotel you are directly facing an "adults only, private club" where men are constantly driving past and women are trying to entice men into the club. This made us feel very unsafe and the area very seedy.

Truly awful!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank EV01
liverpool
Reviewed July 17, 2007

I read so many more bad reviews about these apartments before going on my holiday, so what i got was really not that bad. for the bargin price of our holiday for three, me, my partner and 2 year child had a great time sa coma the place is great for families. the apartments were basic clean a little old but good size bedroom and living room. the only little problems i though were having no windows in the bathroom and the so called kitchen was just that not much of a kitchen SINK, TWO LITTLE HOBS, FRIDGE that was it. this just didnt bother me for I go on holiday intending not to COOK what so ever. THE POOL CLEAN AND PERFECT A1, cheap and cheerful this is it..

• Liked — The views and the pool
  • Disliked — The kitchen.........
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Guildford, Surrey
Reviewed April 4, 2007

Where to start! Firstly, we arrived at 5am and couldn't even find Reception or anyone to book us in (this was after being treated to the girls outside the "Gentlemans Club directly opposite the complex entrance).

When eventually we did get booked in we wished we hadn't bothered - dirty doesn't even begin to describe the apartment. There were sticky dark stains all over the beds and sofas, the toilet didn't flush, the bath and sink were rusty where the enamel had worn off, but worst still in the "kitchen" area (which is being generous) the electric sockets were hanging from the wall! The stench from the fridge was overpowering, goodness knows when it was last cleaned, if ever.

The pool looked dirty, lots of sand on the bottom, but we didn't stay any longer than it took to find an alternative hotel (luckily our travel agent was a family member otherwise we would have been stuck there).

We talked to people who had been there for two weeks and they were SO upset and desperate to get home (they hadn't found alternative hotels so had been stuck there).

I write this review not to be horrible and have a rant and moan, but I really wouldn't want anyone to go here as it would be a holiday from hell and if I can save someone from this horror then I will.

• Liked — Nothing, hated everything
  • Disliked — Everything, there really was nothing to like about it.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
#9 of 13 in S'illot
Amena Mar
Amena Mar
#21 of 29 in Sa Coma

Been to Appartamentos Club Sa Coma? Share your experiences!