“Lovely Place, Great Holiday.”

Hotel Palia Sa Coma Playa
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Sa Coma
Reviewed June 7, 2013

There were 9 of us staying at this hotel, (5 kids and 4 adults). The apartments were very clean and lots of space. The food was nice and the staff were always polite and worked very hard. The pool area was lovely and never had a problem getting sunbeds. Great place to stay for families. We have stayed in the Sa Coma area for the last few holidays, and this hotel was the best we have stayed in. There are lots of French and German people there, but so what?? They were polite and friendly. There is always something going on too for the kids and the adults (if you want to take part). Our kids played football everyday. The hotel is in a good location and its a very short walk away from the resort of Sillot. Very good value for money and would definatley recommend this place. Had a lovely holiday and the kids enjoyed it too.

Room Tip: Wouls stay in any room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Faye B
PaliaHotels, Director General at Hotel Palia Sa Coma Playa, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Client,

Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel to spend your holidays.

It is very nice to hear you did have a good time in the Hotel Palia Sa Coma, and we will be very pleased to welcome you, if you decide to visit us again.

We always appreciate your opinions.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Yes the hotel caters more for the French and Germans but we went for a sunshine break with small children and it had everything we needed. There was a wide range of food (breakfasts particularly good), lovely pool, kids disco and the cleaners did a good job in the rooms every day. The view from our two bed apartment was spectacular. The all inclusive bar finishes at 10.30 pm but that was fine as it is a family hotel and everyone was heading to bed with the kids by then anyway. The entertainment was provided by the animation team and it was so bad that it was hilarious and gave us some great laughs! The only criticism I have is that the high hairs are really not suitable for babies as they have no front bar and are just literally 'high chairs' that are pulled up to the table. Our 10 month old would be have been safe and spent meal times in her buggie.
Overall we had a fab time in Sa Coma and would return.

1  Thank Mandy W

Dear Client,

Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel to spend your holidays.

We are very happy you enjoyed and had a good time. We always appreciate your opinions, because they help us to improve day by day.

We hope to see you again in Palia Hotels.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

A nice place to stay for the price we paid, it was a party of 6 women. The 2 bed apartment was clean, with a fab view of the sea. Yes it was full of french and germans, yes they are rude! However for what we paid for this stay, we truly got are moneies worth. Bar staff were very nice and friendly. Evening music was eurotrash, but u had to laugh at this. No I would not go here for a family holiday, but it fit what our group needed, and I would go back again.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank kazmina73
PaliaHotels, Director General at Hotel Palia Sa Coma Playa, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Client,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holidays at our Hotel.

We are very happy you enjoyed your vacation and had a good time. We always appreciate to hear your opinions, because they help us to improve day by day.

We hope to see you again in Palia Hotels.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The food is disgusting the only thing me my family or friends ate was greasy chips as its the only thing edible plus children running round putting there hands in and on the food then putting it back in the trays isn't very appealing ate out a few times the rest of the time just ate chips as for buffet at dinner time for the kids it's a tray of stale sandwiches gone all hard from the sun and been picked up and put back down again by almost every child there. the plates and cutlery was always dirty all drinks where watered down this hotel very much caters for Germans we where the only English family there along with 1 other couple and there children there are no activities for the children what so ever no kids club no nothing the pool is freezing cold.on the evening the only entertainment they do have is 3 members of staff on stage all talking German Spanish or French all the music is German or Spanish when my friend did ask if they could put something English on that we could understand she was told no we have more German and Spanish you are only English here so no call for English music also one night they said do we have any Germans the crowd cheered same for French same for Spanish when he said do we have any English the crowd all booed which I thought was very rude and nobody that worked there said a thing about this we felt very secluded from every body else and made to feel like outcasts.also queuing for drinks you get served last if your English as German people just push to the front and get served when everyone else has been served you may as well have gone to shop and bought a drink. The cleaners are very noisy every morning sounds of furniture being chucked all around the rooms above and beds being dragged across the floor not what you want to wake up to early every morning while on holiday and when they do get to your room/apartment they empty bins chuck a nasty brown itchy blanket over the bed what stunk of smoke and not like fresh bedding should smell.squirt polish all over the floors quickly go over it with a mop and leave every time they came my baby girl would always fall over and hit her head on the hard concrete tiles as the floors where always left soaking wet and very slippery as they use polish on the floor tiles in the end I put towels all over the floor every time they left to stop any more accidents accruing .the best thing about this hotel is the receptionists they try to help you if In need of information or help of any kind there willing to help you I would never go back to this hotel again the smells coming from outside sewer smell is so bad it comes in even with doors and windows closed its disgusting made me and my children sick it was horrendous.there is no air con do not no why it states there is. they also have problems with there electrics as every few days all the lights go out for a 5 or 10 minutes the cooker never worked until the day before i was leaving not very good when i have a small baby who needed bottles the wifi I paid for never worked complained everyday until finely got a refund. I booked 2adjoining rooms as there was 4adults and 6 children gets there to be told no they don't have the space 1 apartment was at 1 end the other apartment was on the further end even though we booked all together and rang in advance to make sure we still where put separate I would not recommend you waste your money here like I did I read the reviews before I went but thought every ones different It can't be that bad will just see how it is wish I had listened now dont waste your money here go somewhere you and your family are going to enjoy and have good memory's as you certainly won't get memory's here more like night mares

Dear Client,

First of all, we want to thank you for choosing one of our hotels to spend your holidays.

At the same time we are very sorry to hear that your expectations were not cover by staying with us. We always appreciate your opinions, as we try to learn and improve from them.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The food is disgusting the only thing me my family or friends ate was chips as its the only thing edible plus children running round putting there hands in and on the food then putting it back in the trays isn't very appealing ate out a few times the rest of the time just ate chips as for buffet at dinner time for the kids it's a tray of sandwiches gone all hard from the sun and been picked up and put back down again by almost every child there. the plates and cutlery was always dirty all drinks where watered down this hotel very much caters for Germans we where the only English family there along with 1 other couple and there children there is no activities for the children the pool is freezing cold.on the evening the only entertainment they do have is 3 members of staff on stage all talking German Spanish or French all the music is German or Spanish when my friend did ask if they could put something English on was told no we have more German and Spanish you are only English here so no call for English music also one night they said do we have any Germans the crowd cheered same for French same for Spanish when he said do we have any English the crowd all booed which I thought was very rude and nobody that worked there said a thing about this also queuing for drinks you get served last if your English as German people just push to the front and get served .the best thing about this hotel is the receptionists they try to help you if I need of information or help of any kind there willing to help you I would never go back to this hotel again the smells coming from out sewer smell is so bad it comes in even with doors closed there is no air con do not no why it states there is. they also have problems with there electrics as every few days all the lights go out the cooker never worked the wifi I paid for never worked i booked to adjoining rooms as there was 4adults and 6 children gets there to be told no they dont have the space 1 apartment was at 1 end the other apartment was on the further end even though we booked all together and rang in advance to make sure we still where put separate I would not recommend you waste your money here like I did I read the reviews before I went but thought every ones different It can't be that will just see how it is wish I had listened now dont waste your money here go somewhere you and your family are going to enjoys and have good memory's

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
PaliaHotels, Departamento de Calidad at Hotel Palia Sa Coma Playa, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Client,

We have read your remark concerning your stay at our hotel and we are sad that your stay did not meet your expectation. We always appreciate your opinions.

Quality Department

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Large rooms, we got a two-bedroom, "lounge" with a refrigerator, stove and fully equipped kitchen and large terrace. Lady of the reception said that she chose for us room, which is quiet (due to children), but the evening entertainment with a neighboring hotel could be heard. Very pretty beach, sand just in time for kids, gentle descent to the sea. Meals were not refined, but quite a variety. Pools do not do a good impression on me, in my opinion, better to go to the beach. And anyway Majorca is a nice place on Earth

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank pipka2310
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had went to this hotel for my mums 50th birthday with family for 5 days all inclusive the 2nd week of October. I am usually easy pleased and don't expect the Hilton although the room I was in was great but the food and 1 particular rude waiter had ruined my holiday experience. I would be standing waiting to be served and the German holiday makers would just walk in and get served before me! Every time. I thought this was disrespectful and ignorant on both German and Spanish sides. On 1 occasion my family were told to vacate the restaurant as breakfast had now finished whilst they were still at their breakfast. Food was edible but not much of a choice. Everyday there was garlic pork chops on the menu and fish and the odd time chicken. I found myself eating out 3 times during the 5 days as the food suited more to germans which i do not understand as i was in spain and expected spanish cusine. I feel that if you are not German then this really isn't the place for you as they rule the complex and get preferential treatment. As for the entertainment it was very poor with most of my evening spent in my room or walking round the very little shops in the resort. I would not return to this hotel or resort.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family