Booked as a late deal for my family and in laws. A wks AI.
Hotel Location - Northern end of Sa Coma within 5 min walk to the beach behind the first line of buildings located on the beach. We found it to be in a quiet location, although it was early season.
Resort - There were numeruos bars, restaurants and shops. I didnt notice any nightclubs (not that we were bothered). We had plenty to walk and see at night, all of which was on the level. There is a good bus & boat service with the opportunity to visit other resorts. It has a local ranch with various sized horses/ponies for all ages & local monuments/castle to walk to. There were a number of cycle routes especially fenced of on the roads and several bike hire shops.
Overall the resort was quiet but busy and plenty to do.
The beach was good with lovely soft sand (more like flour than sand) and plenty of beds/umbrellas to hire.
Hotel - There were no english companies using the hotel, only late deals. Guests were mainly German witha few other nationalities. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. We arrived after the evening meal and bar had finished but they had food and drinks waiting for us. The air con in my lads room wasn't working and they had the repair man sorting it the same day. In fact it was a bigger problem than initially thought so they changed their room, Staff in the restaurant and bar were very attentive and friendly,
Food was great, plenty of variety with a chief every night cooking fresh meat and fish. Breakfast - various cereals, bread rolls, fruit, cakes, bacon and eggs etc.
Rooms were clean wth air con, but no fridge (even though we were AI).
Pool was adequate but cold, probably due to the weather. The indoor pool was only open from Nov-April.
Facilities included a modest gym, sauna, squash court, tennis court, table tennis, and volleyball (with soft sand). So take your rackets and trainers with you.
Entertainers were friendly putting on the usual hotel games - darts, rifle shooting etc. Night entertainment and kids mini disco was the usual spanish type.
We were impressed with the resort, hotel, its staff and facilities. The only thing that let us down was the weather. It seemed ideal if you wanted a resort on the flat and want to do a bit of cycling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to HIPOTELS Marfil Playa, a 4-star all-inclusive hotel in Sa Coma, Majorca with an indoor and outdoor pool and stunning views of the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hipotels Marfil Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hipotels Marfil Playa Hotel Sa Coma
- Hipotels Marfil Playa Sa Coma, Majorca