we stayed at these apartments from the 26th aug to the 6th of september. We were given a room on the 4th floor facing the pool, our room was an average size, the walls are very thin and you can clearly hear your neighbours talking, laughing and moving chairs, taps running which can get very annoying. The rooms have a TV, air con (which you cant control its controlled by the hotel, not very cold, there's a kitchenette with kettle, microwave, fridge/freezer etc.. there is also no locks on the toilet or bedroom doors. The lifts are quiet small, only for maximum 3 people, eating at the restaurant you need 80 euros for a family of 4 per night, dinner only! The pool could have more sunbeds around it rather than tables and chairs to accompany the 175 people who may want to use the pool, there is only about 40 chairs but lots of space - if you want to go to the pool early afternoon you would be very lucky to get any chairs and people do leave their towels on them. There is no entertainment there and can be very dull at night.
The island itself is very nice with its sandy beach (about 5 min walk from the apartments) and lovely blue sea, there is loads of shops just as short walk away however it is very expensive to buy gifts, clothes and souvenirs etc. all the shops are the same - rip off! The restaurants have some entertainment at night 1 or 2 have a different tribute at each night (quite good) difficult to find rice to eat - strange for Spain! also be ware of children riding electric scooters on pavements - I don't know how this is allowed or legal but be careful it can be very dangerous. The weather on the first few days we arrived was lovely however quite windy, in late Aug early sept the weather was awful, we came for 10 days and 4 were dreadful NO sun and it rained which was a shame, overall a nice holiday but i would definatley not come to Majorca again in late august or September.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Som Siurell is a 3 star aparthotel located in the Majorcan town of Sa Coma, only 100 metres away from the beach. It has 75 fully equipped apartments and is the perfect place for enjoying holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Som Siurell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hipotels Paraiso Apartments Hotel Sa Coma
- Hipotels Paraiso Apartments Sa Coma
- Paraiso Apartments
- Som Siurell Sa Coma, Majorca