“Brilliant hotel - wonderful holiday: as always!”

Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Sa Coma
Stoke-on-Trent
“Brilliant hotel - wonderful holiday: as always!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My Mum and I have just paid another visit to this wonderful hotel and it is as good as ever. Once again we have come back more refreshed and relaxed than holidays we have had elsewhere.

There is a lovely relaxed feel to the whole place, and the facilities are excellent. Everywhere in the hotel - the rooms, restaurant, grounds and pools were spotlessly clean.

As good as the facilities are, I think it is the staff that really set this hotel apart. Everyone is friendly and polite. The staff seem to genuinely care about all the guests and can't do enough to help. It was so nice to be remembered and welcomed back by many of the staff. In particular Chej, the manager, is fantastic – he is so friendly and welcoming, has time for everyone and is always around and much more visible and involved than managers in other hotels where I have stayed.

My thoughts on some of the key areas:

Room facilities - the rooms are furnished to a high standard and are modern, large and airy. Beds are firm but comfortable and there is a bed settee. A kettle and tea/coffee are supplied and the mini-bar can be used as a fridge, as things can be removed if you don’t want to use them. TV gets a good range of English Channels including various BBC channels (CBeebies included!), ITV, and Channel 4.
Bathrooms are wonderful with large walk-in showers.

Our room faced the main pool and got afternoon sun. Rooms on the other side (facing the Biomar Spa) had morning sun. This was fine for us being late in the season, but may get a bit too warm in the height of the season.

There is free Wi-fi in reception areas, and I could get this most of the time in the bedroom as well (first floor) but speed was better in reception.

Food – We went half-board as we tend to go out during the day. We found the food to be excellent with a good choice. You can eat really healthily if you wish (loads of salad, fruit, fish) or indulge a little more. As well as the buffet dishes there is fresh meat and fish on the ‘show’ cooking section, plus an option to have a fresh stir-fry cooked with your choice of ingredients. There a wide variety of desserts many in small individual ‘taster’ portions – mousses, jellies, small cakes etc., plus a cheese table. Breakfast also has a good choice – and the freshly cooked pancakes seemed very popular. I was ‘forced’ to have my favourite Majorcan almond cake at breakfast was well!

Pools and sun beds – there are two pools, with the smaller one at the front of the hotel being much quieter, which might suit some with small children, or if you want a peaceful spot. The larger pool is excellent and was never crowded while we were there. There are plenty of sun beds (which are much more comfortable and adjustable than those in many hotels or on the beach!) and although a few people putting down towels early there never seemed to be an issue with not being enough. In addition to the sun beds there are cabanas along one side that are brilliant if you want more shade, especially for young babies.

Spa - The spa is right next door linked by a covered walkway. The hydro-therapy pool was great – different jacuzzi areas, bubble beds, water massages from umbrella things pouring water, plus saunas and steam rooms, brilliant for relaxing, especially on a day that is not quite so good weather-wise.

Local area – I think that Sa Coma Playa is in a excellent position if you like to get out and about. It is in a quiet area, on the edge of Sa Coma. Walking one way takes you to Sa Coma, then on to S’Illot. The beach this way is about a 10 minute walk and is a beautiful curved bay, with plenty of sunbeds and water sports facilities. There are boat trips available from the end of the bay,
Walking the other way takes you to the edge of Cala Millor, with another excellent beach – longer than that in Sa Coma. You could then walk all the way up to Cala Bona, which has a small but interesting port. If you don’t want to walk (it is quite a long walk if it is hot!) there is an open-top bus which runs about every 30 minutes. There are also a land train and taxis can be ordered by the hotel. It is about €5 to Calla Millor and €7-8 to Cala Bona.

Immediately opposite is a headland (Punta de N’America) which makes an interesting walk to the castle there (there is a cafe at the end to help revive you after the walk!). From here there are fantastic views both towards Cala Millor and Sa Coma and beyond. There are also walks through the woods which form part of the nature reserve on the headland.

Overall I think it is a reflection on how good Sa Coma Playa is and how happy guests are that so many return again (and again!). We saw guests who we had seen on our visits both last year and earlier this year and a number of people we spoke to who were first time visitors said they would come back. This applies to a whole range of ages as well - families groups with children, couples of all ages and larger groups. I don’t think there are many hotels now that have so many returning guests, but holiday time is precious so when you find somewhere that helps make the most of it, why not come back.

We will certainly hope to return again next year!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main pool get afternoon sun and have a great view, those facing the gardens get mor...
7 Thank Julie A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2012

can only agree with all the other reviews, top quality hotel in every respect,wine and fresh flowers in rooms, tea making facilities,flat screen tv with all channels, cora,e-enders etc,lovely big balcony [nice and private ] be careful in shower very slippery. what you see in the brochure is true likeness of the rooms, best one we've ever stayed in. fantastic pool area, peaceful, no loud music playing!,the reception area and lounges are so modern.spacious dining room don't feel as if your all squashed together, waiters & waitresses on the ball taking used crockery away, always friendly. the meals were of variety,desserts to die for! but a big but on my part, please chef the main meals are only just warm with cold plates to put it on, some people were having to put them in the microwave to heat them up !! also only one toaster, queues !!

Room Tip: higher floors don't have bushes and trees in front of them, we were on 2nd floor rooms 200 etc
3 Thank margaret c
Blackwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Where do I start??

I have recently came back from a week at this resort. I stayed with my wife and little boy of 20 months old. We stayed Oct 9th till 16Th. The resort is a short transfer from Palma of about an Hour with plenty of things to see on the way. I have never been to Spain so didnt know what to expect but when we arrived at the Hotel I was blown away with how it looked. It is one of the Nicest looking Hotels if not the Nicest I have ever stayed in.

On arrival we were greeted by extreamly friendly staff and was very happy to find that the room we had requested via email a few weeks before was given. Our luggage was taken to our room for us by the staff which we found amazing as this has not happend before. As we have a 20 month old boy we wanted a room on ground level and ours was, with a Balcony right next to the pool. Room 014 if any would ever like to request. When we got into the room we were amazed on how it looked. You can see it has recently been refurbished as everything is like new. We had a huge bed, bath and seperate shower in very large bathroom, flatscreen tv with uk channels, Air con and a lovely balcony with amazing safty glass which aloud a little boy to run around safley. In the room also waiting for us was flowers and a bottle of wine. There is a safe and a minibar/fridge in the room which as we were all inclusive was completley free and restocked everyday.

There is a big main pool with a nice shallow side for little ones and a seperate baby pool next to it, a smaller pool on the other side of the hotel an inside pool, park for the little ones, gym and also the Spa. The Pool is fantastic and as we were at a quieter time always plenty of room around the pool with ample chairs. There is a pool bar which again as we were all inclusive were able to have any drink, including spirits which are all branded, Smirnoff, Jack Daniels etc, Lolli pops, ice cream, cakes, food.

There is a main restaraunt which is completley free for all inclusive and Speciality restaruants also which you can dine once for free during your stay. The main restaruant is fantastic!! A MASSIVE choice of food. Every day you would have a different special such as Chinese, Indian, Mexican etc but also along with this was LOADS of different food on offer from salad bar to fresh fruit with plenty of different meat, pasta etc etc. There is also a cheif cooking up fresh food on request. We never had to wait to get food and as soon as you would sit down there was a drink in front of you. Every night we got greeted by amazing staff including Chej the Hotel Director who is simply Amazing. A truly genuine person who goes above and beyond his duties to make your stay perfect. Below is a few examples of what he done for us.

Somehow he found out it was my wifes birthday and on her birthday we were sat at the pool. While we were there he put a note under our door addresed to my wife inviting us to dine at a Michelin Star restautant at the cost of the hotel. He also put a big bottle of Champaigne in our room on ice for when we returned. Most importantly though he helped me and my wife through a terrible situation when our baby got sick.

Our baby got very ill towards the end of our holiday and I went to our holiday rep for help. She did nothing to help. However Chej found out about my child being sick and immediatly got on top of the situation. As you can imagine I was upset and didnt know what to do but within minutes Chej had me calmed down, and the medical team on the way. He then drove me around to get medication for my child and I can honestly say I dont know what we would have done without him. All that day he kept checking on us to make sure we were ok. That evening my baby was feeling better so we decided to go to dinner. We were about 30 minutes later than usuall and as we left our room Chej was coming down the hall to check on us to make sure we were all ok. He then walked us to our table and the other staff litterally didnt leave our side to make sure our little one was ok. Chej and his staff really are amazing people!

The location of the Hotel is fantastic. Just a 5 minute walk to the beach with plenty of shops on the way. There are restaurants within a minute walk should you wish to dine out of the hotel and also a Spar shop which sells all your assentials. The Beach in Sa Coma is Beautifull but one thing to watch out for is the Deck chair charges. We got there in the morning and the beach is split in two. Once side just beach the other has deck chairs and shades. If you use these there is a charge of 4.70 euro per item.

You can catch a bus pretty much anywhere for 1.80 euro but you can walk to Cala Millor in around 20 mins and Cala Bona is 20 mins further but you walk through Cala Millor on the way so dont notice the distance. Both places are a nice visit but Sa Coma is my fav especially this hotel.

So in a nut shell, would I stay again? 1000% yes, infact we are already thinking when to go next year.
Would I recommend to a friend? 1000% yes

Any questions you have please drop me an email. I have 200+ photos so if you would like me to email a few feel free to ask.

Finally Chej if you read this, Thank you for an amazing holiday and because of you we WILL be back.

If this review is helpful please vote it.

danzy100@hotmail.com

Room Tip: Room 014 overlooks the pool and is super quiet at night.
4 Thank danzy100
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had our 4th visit to the Sa Coma Playa hotel to celebrate my birthday, the first week in October 2012. Chej, the hotel Manager was again extremely welcoming and could'nt be more helpful in making this visit another memorable stay. The room allocated to us was clean and modern, with a pool view and all day sun. We visited the Biomar spa several times which was pure luxury! Thanks Chej and Staff for a fantastic holiday, We will see you again next year.

Room Tip: We prefer ground floor as you get bath and shower. higher floor has huge walk in shower which is exc...
Forres, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed the first week in October 2012. Hotel very clean and friendly. Quiet area but not too far from other larger towns by taxi or bus. Food good. Reception staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. If you are a sun worshipper, you have to follow the sun around the pool. But the beach is only about 2 minutes away.

uk
Reviewed October 15, 2012

have just returned from our 2nd visit to this hotel and cant wait to return for the 3rd time next spring. this is defo a 4* + complex. the attention to detail throughout this hotel is 2nd to none. all facilities are 1st class and well maintained from the reception, to the dining room, pool area, gym and the bedrooms. nothing is too much trouble to the staff and management . a visit to the michelin starred restaurant is a must during your stay here. i would like to say thank you to chej and his management team for making our holiday so memorable .

Room Tip: during september/october pool facing rooms have sunshine on them all afternoon.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
yorkshire
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel is a real *gem* it is beautiful and relaxing, very comfortable and very clean ( I am OCD when it comes to cleanliness of hotels) I am the type of person that doesn't want to stand bare foot on hotel floors and bathrooms etc, takes antibactierial wipes with me for baths and toilets etc, yes I am a real pain! But I am pleased to say that you can leave all those things behind you when you stay here, as it is all immaculate! Therefore very relaxing for me.
We have stayed here 3 times now and on out first visit we thought that the hotel must be having an inspection as everyone was so polite and helpful, no, this is just normal life at Sa Coma Playa,
All the staff are very attentive and helpful, the food is gorgeous, I gained half a stone in a week!
We enjoyed the spa, we cycled most days, we played tennis and mini golf etc, there is so much to do.
We go to Florida for our main holidays for 2/3 weeks and usually just go to Spain for a week as we get a little bit bored, well you could easily stay here for 2 weeks and still not do everything that is on offer at this resort, we will be returning next year for a longer stay, (note to self) be ready for more weight gain.
May I also add that the hotel manager 'Chez' is adorable! he made our stay extra special on our last evening, Thank you Chez and all the staff at your lovely hotel, see you next year.

Room Tip: We like the ground floor rooms with a bath and walk in shower.
2 Thank needearplugs
#1 of 30 in Playa de Muro
Hotel Astoria Playa Only Adults
Hotel Astoria Playa Only Adults
#1 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia

Been to Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!