“Good Holiday”

Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Sa Coma
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed the first week in October 2012. Hotel very clean and friendly. Quiet area but not too far from other larger towns by taxi or bus. Food good. Reception staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. If you are a sun worshipper, you have to follow the sun around the pool. But the beach is only about 2 minutes away.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 15, 2012

have just returned from our 2nd visit to this hotel and cant wait to return for the 3rd time next spring. this is defo a 4* + complex. the attention to detail throughout this hotel is 2nd to none. all facilities are 1st class and well maintained from the reception, to the dining room, pool area, gym and the bedrooms. nothing is too much trouble to the staff and management . a visit to the michelin starred restaurant is a must during your stay here. i would like to say thank you to chej and his management team for making our holiday so memorable .

Room Tip: during september/october pool facing rooms have sunshine on them all afternoon.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel is a real *gem* it is beautiful and relaxing, very comfortable and very clean ( I am OCD when it comes to cleanliness of hotels) I am the type of person that doesn't want to stand bare foot on hotel floors and bathrooms etc, takes antibactierial wipes with me for baths and toilets etc, yes I am a real pain! But I am pleased to say that you can leave all those things behind you when you stay here, as it is all immaculate! Therefore very relaxing for me.
We have stayed here 3 times now and on out first visit we thought that the hotel must be having an inspection as everyone was so polite and helpful, no, this is just normal life at Sa Coma Playa,
All the staff are very attentive and helpful, the food is gorgeous, I gained half a stone in a week!
We enjoyed the spa, we cycled most days, we played tennis and mini golf etc, there is so much to do.
We go to Florida for our main holidays for 2/3 weeks and usually just go to Spain for a week as we get a little bit bored, well you could easily stay here for 2 weeks and still not do everything that is on offer at this resort, we will be returning next year for a longer stay, (note to self) be ready for more weight gain.
May I also add that the hotel manager 'Chez' is adorable! he made our stay extra special on our last evening, Thank you Chez and all the staff at your lovely hotel, see you next year.

Room Tip: We like the ground floor rooms with a bath and walk in shower.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank needearplugs
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week in September. We booked at the last minute as we were taking our 4 month old daughter on her first holiday so had to wait for her passport (!!).
The hotel is exceptionally clean and all staff, from the room staff to the general manager, are friendly and make you feel very welcome.
We arrived to find that our daughters cot was already made up for her and there was a welcome bottle of wine in the room.
The room was stylish, spacious, comfortable and very clean. The shower was amazing!
The pool areas are lovely. We made good use of the Bali-style beds around the main pool.
The food in the main hall was good quality and there was a good variety each night.
We stayed on half-board and felt this was enough. There weren't many people there on all-inclusive and I don't think you were offered much more.
The only thing we weren't completely happy with was you the option of using one of the themed restaurants for one evening meal, in lieu of having a meal in the main restaurant. We chose El Asador - the Argentinian themed grill. It was another buffet restaurant, but with a significantly smaller choice than at the main restaurant.
We used the Biomar Spa - I had a facial and my husband had a massage. The treatments were very good and the price is on a par with the UK.
The hotel is around a 10 minute walk to the beach, which is lovely. We also walked over to Cala Millor and S'Illot which took around 30 minutes to each.

I would recommend this hotel for small, young families (with one, maybe two young children) or couple looking for peace and quiet. It is not really suitable for young people looking for bars, clubs, restaurants or shopping.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the smaller pool which was quiter particularly in the evenings. It is a fairly q...
1  Thank tuesmay_29
Reviewed October 9, 2012

absolutely outstanding.hotel,food and staff was first class.
it was so good we have booked to go back next year.
special thanks to CHEZ ,he made my 60th birthday extra special as did all the other staff.
i can fully recommend this hotel with confidence.
me and my family were treat like royalty,its really nice to feel that nothing is a problem.

cant wait till next year

Room Tip: a junior suite is extra special for families
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in June and enjoyed it that much that we decided to return in August with my parents and with our 2 children. Again, everything about our visit was excellent. The rooms were modern, clean and of a good size. There was a great choice of food on offer every day. We always found something to suit everyone. We went all inclusive and found it very good value for money. The children were kept watered and fed and we all enjoyed the food, cake, ice creams and sandwiches on offer at different points throughout the day. We were very impressed that the minibar in our rooms was included in the all inclusive price and that when we asked for spirits at the bar - they were all branded and not locally produced imitations. The children loved the kids club. Although it was the school holidays when we visited - you would'nt have thought it was. There were only a small number of children here. There were plenty of sunbeds available throughout the day and there wasn't any unruly groups around - everyone was just relexing and having fun. Staying at the Protur Sa Coma Playa was brilliant for us. It catered for all ages (in our party we were aged between 6 and 66) To find out what entertainment there is (for adults and children)look at the boards near the bar entrance/reception. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. During our visit we took at trip to Cala Millor. You'll find the times for the landtrain in the information book on the reception desk. It was a nice trip and confirmed my suspicions that Cala Millor is a much busier location and confirmed that Sa Coma was the right destination for us - quiet and relaxing. Without doubt, we shall be visiting again next year and I'll be letting all of my friends and family know that Protur Sa Coma Playa is definitely the best hotel in Sa Coma and that they should try it for themselves. The manager, Chej did everything to ensure that we had a fantastic holiday. Thanks again Chej - we look forward to seeing you and your team next year!

Room Tip: Always put forward your requests when making your booking ie "pool facing". Always ask qu...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank pjanderson
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed in the hotel 3rd week in September. While I agree that the hotel is very nice, clean and the rooms are spacious, I cant agree with the comments regarding the food. We were All Inclusive and felt that the food was underpar for a 4* hotel. We also felt that AI guests did not recieve the same quality at lunchtime that the paying guests received. Most of the selection at lunch and dinner seemed to be fill em up carbs,EG: potatoes in many forms, pasta, rice etc. We like to dine around 8.30pm and on several occasions the pasta was so congealed I could not seperate a portion to have so it was left. The salads were very nice. Also in the dining room when we asked for a glass of wine that is exactly what we got, we were never offered a top up. When we arrived we were given the keys to room 105, when we opened the door the room was obviously still in the state the last guests had left it in. We were told to sit in reception until another room was found for us, we were not asked if we would like coffee or even water.

The Manager Chej (sorry if i have not got that right) was very pleasant, always on the door of the dining room to welcome guests. Staff in dining room worked very hard and were pleasant.

On the morning of our departure, we were to be picked up at 8.00 am, the breakfast does not start till then, so we had to leave the hotel without as much as a cup of coffee to see us on our way. When we handed our keys to the receptionist all he said was thank you..goodbye. Not as much as do you have time for anything before you go. Why no coffee machine for guests that leave early, we were starving by the time we got to the airport.
Sorry, but for what we paid, I think the hotel fell short in the above areas. We will be returning to Turkey in future, they realy know how to satisfy their guests.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Viva Blue & Spa
Viva Blue & Spa
#1 of 30 in Playa de Muro
Aparthotel THB Sa Coma Platja

Been to Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!