“the best smokey ribs ..... fact”

Delaney's Bar And Diner
Ranked #7 of 50 Restaurants in Sa Coma
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One of the Busiest Bars in Sa Coma ! Famous for its Smoked BBQ Ribs, Fajitas. Steaks and Authentic Curries. Its got the Biggest sports screen on the East Coast and Cheapest Drinks. San Miguel 1 Euro a Pint ! (12-4Pm and during football) and Happy Hour 7-11pm Great entertainment. Top live shows and Fun Guaranteed.Child Friendly with a Kids games Room and the only beer Garden in Sa Comaa short walk from the centre of town - but well worth it !!! ( Please note we accept Euros, Sterling or US Dollars - We close some periods over Winter due to no tourists. But guarantee to be open May - October
kirkcaldy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the best smokey ribs ..... fact”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We visited Delaneys for a beer on a hot day only e1 between 12 and 4 having checked out the menu we decided to have our last night meal there i,m glad we did i ordered the smokey ribs with jack daniels sticky sc .i have eaten ribs in some of the true american diners and Delaneys were the tastiest i have ever eaten, the smokey flavour was truely delicious . I have been a head chef for the past 30 years so i asked to check out the smoker the girl server could not have been more pleasant and took me for a guided tour , no hassles so thank you .so if ribs are your thing go taste them at Delaneys

1 Thank kevvyboy2108
markamott, Owner at Delaney's Bar And Diner, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
We are pleased you enjoyed the ribs
The smoker was imported from the USA
We use a combination of wood chips to smoke and flavour the ribs.
Pecan, Hickory, Cherry, and Apple wood.
I would be happy to tell you where to order a smoker from if you send me a private message
THANKS AGAIN FOR WRITING YOUR COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED..

“Great prices”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We took the walk along to Delaneys as my partner wanted to watch the Celtic game (I know, I know) So We went the night before just to see where it was and its a lovely place. Even better that we found ourselves in the middle of happy hour where we got 2 Bacardi and comes for just 3.95€
The next day we walked back so my partner could watch the football and he benefited from the 1€ a pint of San Miguel for the duration of the match! Meanwhile I sat outside on the lovely picnic benches reading my book in the sunshine and enjoying the music that they had quietly playing for those outside :) the owner was very friendly and popped out to have a quick hello with me too.

Wished we'd stayed for food but will definitely do that next time we're in Sa Coma :)

Take the wee walk to Delaneys - it's worth it!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Bernie1099
markamott, Owner at Delaney's Bar And Diner, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank You for your nice review on Delaneys
we are always pleased when valued customers make the effort to write about the good things at our bar.
we very much appreciate your input
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit
next time try our food. All fresh and home made - we think the best grub in Sa Coma.
THANK YOU.
Mark and Staff
Connahs Quay, Wales, United Kingdom
“€1 a pint and huge portions”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Happy hour between 1 and 4 each weekday and during each football match for €1 a pint is unmissable. Also buy one get one free mixers during happy hour is a bargain. This is the cheapest pub in sa coma by far, also it's the Restraunt that does the largest portions you can find and the pub itself is stunning. Only downsides are that the pub is quite far out the way, the meals can be slightly expensive and the staff seem hectic when there is only a few customers and it seems like you are inconveniencing them by ordering a drink. The pub is excellent for football and has a shed load of massive TVs. It's a shame more entertainment isn't put on here as I've seen videos on YouTube of this place packed to the rafter with a great party atmosphere but I guess this would have been a long time ago. The only entertainment the hotel puts on is a singer called Aaron reece on a Thursday, he is superb but in order to compete they need to be having entertainment on more than once a week. Delaneys isn't open on Saturdays which I find surprising considering its peak period and they close all winter. Also you only get 3 pints out of the pitcher when they actually advertise between 4 & 5

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Roland R
markamott, Owner at Delaney's Bar And Diner, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank You for your Very Good Report on Delaneys bar
We are happy your food was good and massive portions and the prices were fantastic for you.

Because of all the 'ALL INCLUSIVE HOTELS' we can not afford Entertainment 7 nights a week
what we found was people would drink for free in the hotels. then come to see our shows and sit all night with one drink. We then have to pay big money out to the Act.
This is the same reason why we employ the minimum amount of staff.
'ALL INCLUSIVES' are slowly killing off all the bars in every resort in Mallorca.
We do get very busy without shows in July and August. And the one act we book is the Best on the Island. Arron Reece plays all Thursdays. I hope you enjoyed him.

We close on a Saturday night because my Wife is the chef and we have a family day. we have young children who are important to us. No one can cook our excellent food as good as the wife. Everything we do is home made ( not pre frozen meals ) so its better to close than to serve sub standard meals. We have a excellent reputation for food for the 14 years we have been in Sa Coma, one that we intend to keep. We wish the season was longer so we could open all winter but again this is governed by the greedy hotels. Some Hotels now only open 1st May until End of September. This is very bad for all types of businesses in the area.

The pitchers of Bud etc advertised are for 4 or 5 GLASSES not pints. This is clear on the posters. Sorry if you found this confusing .

I hope I have answered all your points.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING SUCH A NICE REVIEW. it is appreciated..
Portadown,Northern Ireland,
“Divine food in lovely setting.”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Was all inclusive at our hotel but were so sick of the food. So glad we ate here! The food is all made on site and cooked perfectly. Really friendly staff, gorgeous bar and yummy sizzling platters. Excellent!!

1 Thank pinkychick
markamott, Owner at Delaney's Bar And Diner, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank You so much for your lovely review.
My wife does all the cooking herself.
We try so hard to present better food than anyone else in the area. cooking our own dishes and not just warming up package processed meals.
It is nice when customers appreciate well cooked fresh food
makes the job all worth while
Glasgow, Scotland
“Beer cheap, food decent but service poor :(”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Delaney's is on the way out of Sa Coma towards Cala Millor and as a result has to try that bit harder to pull the punters in. Its got a mixed up image and the only conclusion I could come to was it was an old Irish bar that has an American diner signage covering it all up. To be fair, they do more to bring folk in than other places (good special offers on beer & food). We went 3 times...the first for drinks to catch the football whilst my son was sleeping (€1 pint of San Miguel...full marks for that). The second was for lunch which was fresh and decent portions. If we hadn't come back for dinner on the third occasion I would have given Delaney's 3 or 4 stars. Again the food and drink was well priced and was nice enough. However the waitress on the evening did anything but make us feel welcome. In fact I genuinely got the impression we were getting in the way of her doing something else. We were accommodated outside to keep our baby asleep for food (which is something they don't usually do, so thanks for that) however the waitress forgot about us, when she did take orders she ran off before I could finish making the order, moaned about having to walk from the kitchen, forgot to bring out half our condiments & sauces, sent a 12/13 year old child out with the condiments rather than coming herself (I wanted to order more drinks which I am not going to ask a 12/13yr old girl for). I felt really let down after the first two visits if I am being honest. What ended up being the only consistent thing on my visits was the hand towel in the toilets. It smelled so bad I had to re-wash my hands twice to get rid of the damp pungent odours. I really wanted to like Delaney's but they need to try as hard on the basics as they do on the food & offers. If I could have given 2.5/5 rating I would, but I cant so 2/5 is more fitting than 3/5.

1 Thank dragon211967
markamott, Manager at Delaney's Bar And Diner, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
The points raised will be acted on immediately.

The waitress at the moment is over stretched, and I do apologise about our service not being to its normal perfection on your 3rd visit..
One of our staff members had to rush back to the UK for a family death. Resulting in the other waiter having to be moved into the kitchen to help. and we asked my daughter to help during her school holidays. It is to late in the season to replace any member of staff as we close down for the winter in 3 weeks time.

I am sorry about the towels not being clean. These should be changed 2 or 3 times a day and is simply a mistake. ( we all make them )

As away to apologise please call in again and we will give you and your guests a free round of drinks on the house .

Thank You again for making us aware of these points and I will personally have words with the waitress later today/