“Really nice food!”
Review of Caruso Restaurant Sa Coma - CLOSED

Caruso Restaurant Sa Coma
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: restaurant cafee 'typical dedicated to the great Italian tenor Enrico Caruso of all time. Natural cooking of all fresh daily. The pizzeria uses high quality flour that comes from the most 'famous Italian mills. local fish Italian dishes with great results. a good wine list excellent meat Danes Chianina and Irish. seafood with excellent white wine There comes lasagna and pasta at home
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really nice food!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Just eaten in Caruso, and have to say it must be one of the best Italians I have eaten in! The food was delicious! I can't understand how this is not the top restaurant in Sa Coma!! You must visit Caruso I can not recommend it enough, you will defiantly not be disappointed. The food was lovely and staff were friendly and make you feel very welcome!!

1 Thank Allise86

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“BEST RESTAURANT IN SA COMA”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

After passing up eateries in Sa Coma due to not wanting to eat chips, egg and bacon etc. and the absence of any Spanish Food we came across Caruso's and were treated to the most excellent Italian food on the Island.

The first visit we had the home made lasagne, (out of this world)!! the wine was first class and not overpriced.

The second visit my wife had spaghetti carbonara (huge plate) great quality, I had pizza, perfect, this was as good as any Italian restaurant we have eaten in and at a most reasonable price.

Only gripe: The hand drier in the gents toilet was not working

1 Thank 999AWJ
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Nice little Italian Restaurant delicious food”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Caruso's is a nice Italian restaurant in Sa Coma , the staff are friendly and the food is very nice .
I can recommend the Pasta with porcini mushrooms , its very good .
The pizzas are delicious and the beer is great.
Always very clean cutlery and plates and nothing is too much trouble .
Recommended .
My Photo's do not do the place justice it's very nice inside too.

2 Thank Scott R
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Very good food”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We ate here a few times & always enjoyed the food, the owners were very friendly & welcoming. Would recommend.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Maybe a place for people with a small appetite who like pretentious eateries.”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Visited this place soley due to its very positive reviews "maybe they write them, themselves.". We were not impressed to say the least.
Strange idea of service, despite the place being near empty it took an age for them to take our order. Then there was all the fancy drama about serving the wine, great if you like that sort of thing, I suppose but it just gets on my nerves. Either put it on the table and I'll tell you if there's a problem or just give me a small taste without prancing about like a drama queen. The wine was OK incidentally I've drunk far better but also far far worse.
Portion size was not what I expect we had a starter and a main. both again tasted OK not fantastic but definitely not awful. Admittedly I'm a big eater but I was still starving afterward, my lasagne would have comfortably fit on a saucer and came totally without accompanyment no chips, no salad, no garlic bread and really small. My Wife who I would not describe as a big eater remained hungry too.
We thought the owners were quite rude. They sat and smoked on the next table to where we were eating and also for some unknown reason decided they would take pictures of my wife whilst she was eating. Totally unsolicited and without asking if it was OK to do so.
In conclusion the fayre was average but not very much of it and the people running the place are definitely not my cup of tea. I just want good honest food, satisfying and decent value for money and to me Caruso doesn't deliver that.