Gran Hotel Son Net
$272
$324
$299
Sheraton.com
BQ Belvedere Hotel(Palma de Mallorca)
$172
$122
  • Pool
Blue Bay Hotel(Cala Major)
$70
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
$211
All reviewsbeautiful hotelpool suitewelcome drinkluxury hotelshort drivehotel restaurantsurrounded by mountainstramuntana mountainsa wonderful staymain restaurantpalma airportcabanamallorcasonnetrelaxationhoneymooncava
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My partner and I visited this hotel last year and we both agreed it was the best place either of us had ever stayed. When the opportunity came up to return we jumped at the chance. The first time we visited (April 2012) we couldn't help remembering how fantastic our room was. On our repeat trip this year (March 2013) the room was even better!! We stayed in one of the rooms overlooking the pool and it was so peaceful and tranquil; one cannot complain at being woken by a cockerel crowing! The bathroom was palatial with a huge walk-in shower as well as a luxurious bath. The house-keeping was discreet and exemplorary. The breakfast is amazing with the cooked menu delicious and a huge range at the buffet; you name it, it's on there including Gran Son Net fizz (we had to, even at 9am!)

All of the hotel staff are helpful and quick to meet requests; we stayed off peak so the staff numbers were low and they sometimes had to double up but were always cheerful and friendly; ignacio the barman creates wonderful G&T cocktails, I was able to borrow scissors and guide books at reception and the night watchman was more than happy to serve us drinks well after closing.

I would always recommend Gran Son Net; i joined this website only for that purpose and hope we can return next year too!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The Son Net provided a wonderful stay, and as a Luxury Link guest in our booking, we were treated to a large elegant room with views, the full cordiality of the exceptional staff, and we felt like honored guests and part of the hotel family from the very beginning of our stay. The restaurant is worthy of mention from ample and varied breakfasts to pleasant and cozy dinners of great quality and culinary attention. The staff is professional and yet personable. We got to know them by name, they enjoyed their guests as much we enjoyed them. We encountered high standards in the hotel construction, style, room size and amenities, the large bathroom, the attention to detail throughout, the setting on a hill surrounded by groves and vineyards. It is wonderfully located in a quiet, country setting, a palm-lined driveway, pool and terraces with valley panoramas, and the pleasant sound of light bells of grazing sheep. The small town of Puigpunyent below offers a couple of good restaurants and a small shop for supplies before venturing out to Palma or anywhere else on the island. This is one place we will long to return to.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The hotel was recently voted “world best” and most of the praise is well deserved. It offers fantastic rooms, beautiful view, great service, very good food and an enjoyable bar and all the staff tries to pamper you all around. So why is there no down-turn service in the evening (it is not for the chocolate on the pillow or the weather forecast for the next day, but for refreshed bathrooms and empty waste basket) and why is the tray with the half empty Cava-bottle still sitting outside of your room in the evening after the maid removed it in the morning)? Given the season, the public areas including the restaurant were rather chilly and the open fire-place emitted more smoke than heat into the adjacent sitting area/bar. Still, we absolutely enjoyed one of the largest suites we have ever been in, the remote location, the fantastic breakfast, and the very personal bar-service. There is also a small nice restaurant (La Rose) in the village below if you look for alternate dining venues after one or two nights. The location is a bit off the beaten tracks and thus requires a bit more driving to get to and from, but overall it is a great place to stay and highly recommendable!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I got home yesterday from the most fantastic four days in Majorca – our first visit to this surprising island. Incredibly, everything about the trip, the location – Puigpunyent - the weather, the food, the various trips we took, was perfect.
The thing that contributed greatly to our experience, however, was without doubt, this gorgeous hotel. It is very easy to describe everything in subjective terms, saying this was excellent, or that was good – and I’ve written a few of these before, and read a great many more; one person’s measure of excellent may not be another’s so I thought I’d try and put my review into some kind of context, if I can…
Over the past 25 years, I’ve been lucky to have visited (and lived in) a great many places around the world (Asia, Africa, Canada & the States), and even luckier to have stayed at some of the most prestigious hotels; the Warldorf Astoria, New York, the George V, Paris, the Peninsula, Hong Kong… I even lived for a whole month in a luxurious suite in the Island Shangri La, Hong Kong Island (I thought I’d died and gone to heaven!) And I appreciate that as you get older, your expectations and requirements change, but taking all that into consideration, I do not exaggerate when I say, the Gran Hotel Son Net is quite simply the best hotel we have ever visited (the only other exception being The Old Rectory, St Martins in Devon); it was faultless, and its website does not do it justice. We were devasted yesterday as we checked out. My husband and I rarely visit the same place twice as there is still much of the world to see, however, we have already decided without hesitation to revisit Mallorca next year, and we cannot contemplate staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vix002
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Location: top!
Silence, on top of a mountain, overlooking the small village and watching over the beautiful mountains.
Well maintained, both outside (terrace, pool, olive trees, driveway) and inside (lounge with big fireplace, bar, restaurant in old olive mill).
We planned to stay only for a few days during Xmas, but liked it so much (also due to a great upgrade to the suite with large windows overlooking the mountains) that we postponed our NY trip and stayed for 5 more days. And ended up with the great newyear party.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple