Hotel Roc Boccaccio
Grupotel Maritimo(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
$115
$112
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Viva Sunrise(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
$200
$77
$69
  • Free Internet
Hotel Apartamentos Ivory Playa(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
$78
Eix Alcudia Hotel - Adults Only(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
$60
$58
  • Restaurant
Apartamentos Ferrer Tamarindos(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
$54
$52
$94
  • Beachfront
BQ Delfin Azul Hotel(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
$102
$85
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Botel Alcudiamar Hotel(Port d'Alcudia)
$223
$189
  • Breakfast included
Hotel JS Sol de Alcudia(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
$78
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach barhotel beachrooms were cleaned every daysun terraceenjoyable stayminutes walk awayjust returned from a weeks holidaytea coffeechildren's entertainmententertainment staffice creamchoice of foodcleaned dailynice holidayhotel entertainmentfood was lovelybeautiful beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2013

we stayed here at the end of march,just come back for 4 nights.We stayed half board .meals were okay,no faults really and good choice.rooms were very clean and staff were very curtious.
We paid 1.5 euro each for drinks with our evening meals which you could help yourself to in the dining room.There was no entertainment which suited us but older couples or families would enjoy bingo,flamenco,disco etc.For the price we paid we were satisfied with the accomodation.It overlooks a lake and is 100 metres from the beach-about half hour walk into the port.Alot of sports activities going off,cyling,canooing clubs etc.Alot of the shops and places around weren,t open at this time as it was early in the season.it was quiet at night and aircon is included in the price.towels can be changed every day as you need to-just pop them in the bath to let them know.An enjoyable holiday,some great bars in the port and porte pollensa.A visit to the old town is worthwhile,some lovely little walks around.

Room Tip: our room overlooked the street-not a good view but obviously dont go away to sit in our room.No spa at this hotel,just basic,clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cherylbeesley223
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I gave this hotel quite a good review when I stayed there a couple of years ago but my opinion of it went down this time. Maybe this was partly because I had to pay a lot more (I was meeting family there) and maybe it is because I have been to more all inclusive hotels and my expectations are higher but overall my experience was less good.

Last time I had a room with a lake view , which was lovely. This time, although I requested a room on a high floor away from street noise I was first given one on the street. I went straight back to reception and was then given one on the first floor overlooking the bar area by the pool . It was ok but there was no privacy on the balcony. The room was quite small - I ripped both small toenails off (literally)stubbing my toes on bedlegs when I went past. When using the stairs there is a metal bar that everyone trips over (I suppose because I was on a high floor last time I must have always used the lift)

I like the fact that they serve drinks in glasses but really would have liked more choice. Why can't they have some local liqueurs? - they are cheap enough. I was much less happy with the food this time. Breakfast had a very good choice, although 'juices' are rubbish. Be warned though, the hot drinks machines are turned off very promptly at the end. I didn't enjoy many other meals at all. Also some things that were labelled or we were told were vegetarian turned out to clearly be not. One of us was a vegetarian and I eat fish but there wasn't any nice fish while I was there (6 days) However the dining room now having a new terrace overlooking the lake is a great addition - a really nice place to eat.

Also on the plus side, the beach bar was open this time, which was nice but most of the area is in the shade in the afternoon (that would be nice in midsummer though) Like everyone else says, the pool is small but the outside area is very large compared with hotels nearer the port.

This time Brits really were in a minority of almost none. Yes there were a lot of germans but there were lots of other nationalities too. That wasn't a problem but sometimes it is nice to talk to other people (Hi Kay and Tommy).

Overall I think any review will partly depend on what room you are given. See one or two reviews that said there was a tree right across their window - I saw that and said "do you think they put guests in that room?"

There were still some quite nice staff especially in the dining room but overall there was a less friendly feel than last time. It was Sept/Oct as opposed to May so maybe this made a difference.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a lake view and higher floors are good
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SiouxieSue
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Hotel has 3 stars rating and to be honest you get all the servise you can expect from 3 stars hotel. I liked food, especially at the dinner time, you can get fish, meat, chicken and sometimes even tradicional Spanish food (like Paella). And I liked the location of the hotel, very close to the sea, and lake. BUT,there is a list of disadvantages of this hotel: 1. there are so many old people, maybe 90% of all hotel population. I have nothing against elder people, just than you having a vacation you want to feel like you are in acctual hotel, but sometimes it feels like you are in sanatorium or some other place for elder people. 2. Walls are so thin that you can here absolutely everything what your neighbors do, and even when they are locking the lock of the door you actually think that they are locking the lock of your door. 3. Housekeeper doesn't clean every day and then she does that, she left sand on the floor, didn't refill shampoo bottle and didn't make our bad.
Despite all of that don;t think that it is horible hotel. No it isn't, just I saw better looking 3star hotel with better service, but according to the price it is not so bad, but if I will ever come back to Alcudia, I will search for another hotel:) good luck

Room Tip: Try to get room with the view to the lake and on the top floor:)
2  Thank Erlas
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed at this hotel for 10 nights half board and as mentioned by the previous couples review we were told that the drinks for the evening meals were not included and that we would have to pay a supplement €26 if we wanted this which we did, in return we were given a card which entitled us to free drinks only in the restaurant. Most of the guests were German with the exception of a Spanish, Chinese and English couple and on the whole most were all inclusive guests as designated by the various bands they wore about their wrists.

We immediately felt uncomfortable in the evening with guests of the German variety sniffing and giving us dirty looks, pointing at the fact that they had all inclusive bracelets on and we didn't, every time we got up and poured ourselves a beer or a glass of sangria, the waiters were questioned over this by the quests, and we were asked to show our card a few times, very rude we thought. The all inclusive club spreads to the bar area, where you are made to feel as welcome as bad cold if you are not in the club, with waiters and guests alike sniffing and giving you dirty looks, not to mention poor service.

Next I move onto the food... hmm where to start, we ate ate out at the Chinese next door for a few nights and then at a Spanish bar over the road on the corner. In the Hotel it was Pizza and chips with pasta and rabbit stews, where's the vegetables the fresh Mediterranean salads, occasionally they would pull out something good but not very often, very bland everyday. You could eat here and be full everyday, but you'd be bored to death and have no taste buds left by the end of the holiday.

The rooms are small and pokey but cleaned everyday, the beds are really hard the Flintstones would be in paradise here :-) the closet space is meager, the bathroom small (bath tub tiny) and flaky. Again you have to pay extra for the safe in the room €30 of which €5 is a deposit returned at the end of your stay. The fridge in the room barely works. if you go in this month don't expect to find any air conditioning as its switched off bearing in mind that it was 30+c when we were there and we had to have the balcony doors open at night, which by the way is next to a canal, so we were eaten alive by mosquitoes. The view from our balcony hmm lovely a big tree across the whole span of our view.

The entertainment in the Hotel? What entertainment some karaoke, don't waste your time looking at the entertainment board it, do as we did and go and visit the other Hotels in the area as they had regular scheduled entertainment on. I recommend the Sol Alcudia , JS Sol Alcudia just walk, buy a drink and enjoy.

Overview:-
Best feature of this Hotel is that it is close to the beach, I wouldn't recommend it to family or friends, nor would I advise taking children there unless German is the second language.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms nearest the pool or the rear as you will be bitten to death by mosquitoes
2  Thank JinXeD02
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a week at this hotel and would never in a million years recomend it to anybody.

It is dated and very much in need of repair and refurbishment, with the carpets on all the landings being stained and lifting at the edges, and the plug hole in the bath (I say bath but really it was a large baisin as it wasn't even 4 feet long so if you wanted a soak you would have to wedge your knees under your chin !!) rusted and grimy, neither the fridge or the air-conditioning worked, and the matresses and pillows were rock hard, also the wardrobe was tiny and although we managed to squash in our clothes for the week there is definately not enough storage space for outfits for a fortnights stay .

We had asked for a high floor and a pool view, and got a third floor room with a tree right outside -- stand at the corner of the balcony on tip-toes and push a few branches out of the way and we could JUST see the corner of the pool.

We were half-board and had been told when we checked in that drinks weren't included with our evening meal, but that we could pay one euro fifty each at reception before we entered the restaurant to get drinks with our meal -- fair enough -- but the disgusted look on the restaurant managers face told us in no uncertain terms that this wasn't agreeable to him and he had an animated discussion with 2 of his staff before all three just walked away and left us standing like lemons not knowing if we had an allocated table or could just sit where we wanted -- as it turned out it really didnt make any difference as the choice that night was pizza and chips (both dried out and rock hard), fish that wasnt cooked through, a dish that said beef but was so pale it looked more like a very anaemic pork, rabbit stew or dried out pasta twirls with no type of sauce to go with them -- needless to say we didnt go back after that and ate out every day.

On our second night there was a spectacular thunder and lightening storm, accompanied by torrential rain, ten minutes in and the alcove above our balcony window started leaking, as it was about 1.30 in the morning I put a couple of bath towels down hoping that it would pass over quickly but it didnt and the leaking got worse, I phoned reception and asked to be moved to another room and got the 'no possible', 'no speaka da English' response -- after a couple of minutes of me raising my voice the night receptionist came to the room to look and offered us a bucket for the leak -- it took another 10 minutes of him speaking Spanish and me doing sign language for him to realise I wasnt going to accept that and he went and got a key for an empty room across the coridoor -- a good job too because when we went back the next morning to retrieve our things the water had spread right from the balcony window, under both of the beds and was seeping into one of the bedside cabinets.

We have visited in Alcudia many times over the years, and have always gone for the 'cheap and cheerful' option, and on most other occasions have been fully satisfied with wherever we have stayed, however although this hotel was cheap(ish) it was far from cheerful, and has been re-named by us as 'Fawlty Towers' .!!!

1  Thank beached_whale_2007