We stayed here for a week in June 2013 and travelled as a couple. Our room was spotless, very simplistic and modern with plenty of space. the only problem was that there was not a full length mirror which can be a pain for women! We had a pool view room with a balcony which was very peaceful and quiet.
The adults only of this hotel is what sold it to us! We would definitely come back here! It was so relaxing, exactly what we wanted from our summer holiday.
The food was delicious, plenty of options for breakfasts and dinners. We were only B&B but for a small price we were able to eat dinner in the restaurant too. It is very reasonably priced, a bottle of wine was about €6 or €7.
We are not usually a fan of evening entertainment but we were surprised at how much fun it was. They have various tribute acts and everybody sings along.
We were able to take a short taxi ride to the main Port in Alcudia to have dinner and drinks although I wasn't too keen on it. The main area is very touristy and plenty of loud children running riot which we were trying to avoid!
There is a brilliant bar across the road from the hotel (can't remember the name) which sells fantastic cocktails and the owners who are also English are so welcoming. The music there is good and they often have tv or football on!
The pools at the hotel are lovely, there is one at the back and one at the front of the hotel, but sunbeds go pretty early!
We are 24 & 25 years old and we found that we were probably the youngest people in the hotel. There are a lot of much older couples. There isnt much nightlife around the area, apart from Restaurants and bars, but that is exactly what we wanted.
The beach is 3 or 4 minute walk from the hotel and it is gorgeous. White sands and a lovely warm sea. one of the best beaches I have ever been to.
All in all, a brilliant hotel which was reasonably pirced. We would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Astoria Playa Hotel****SUP with its wonderfully modern décor both inside and out, designed with luxury and comfort in mind, is situated only 150m from the magnificent sandy beach of the Bay of Alcudia. Style and comfort flows throughout the hotel and into the gardens where you will find the swimming pools, sun terraces, Jacuzzis, and Balinese loungers. It is a perfect choice for a romantic getaway or for those who simply wish to relax. For the more active guests there are lots of local cycling and hiking routes and for the golfers there is an 18-hole course in Alcanada only 15minutes drive from the hotel. Free WIFI is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Astoria Playa Only Adults reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astoria Playa Puerto Alcudia
- Hotel Astoria Playa Only Adults Majorca, Spain