“Lovely holiday good value for money”

Hotel Astoria Playa Only Adults
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was my first time staying in Majorca and I can say my preconceptions of it being tacky and over 'touristy' was banished We(8 of us)stayed for 10 nights here..Firstly the hotel..I can see why people return year after year to this place,it almost has a big family feel to it,the staff could not do enough for you and work very hard indeed with a constant smile on their faces,bar staff especially..The rooms are slightly dated although perfectly adequate as a base,I am on the understanding that the rooms are being updated and some already have been.The food was plentyfull and never lacked in choices,from meat,fish,vegetarian,pastas,salads and so on..Found the situation with sunbeds around the pool quite hilarious at the start of our stay and being quite ashamed of fellow Brits queuing??Yes queuing waiting for the pool area to open in the mornings,this did settle down after a few days though and wasn't a major issue but I do think the pool area size and amount of sunbeds available doesn't reflect the amount of guests this hotel can cater for if you are a sun worshiper.Room were always clean and seemed to get fresh towels every day,you get a small complementary shower gel and shampoo aswell but there is no hairdryer (I always take my own so wasn't an issue).There are some really lovely areas and walks all along Alcudia,we walked several times to the Harbor which I would say was about 20 minute stroll,the beach is very nice too with plenty of water sports going on..Port Pollenca is worth a visit,a very nice resort with a lovely pine walk.. the old town of Alcudia is lovey as it is very much in keeping with old Spanish narrow cobbled paths and structures,they do have a market every sunday which we went to,you could buy anything from bags to fresh cuts of meat!Anything and everything was at this market...
If I had to be critical of Astoria and I hope this is constructive criticism,they could do with a bit more entertainment in the evening other than an act(Most of them were worth watching)If they want people to stay and spend money in the place then you need to give people a reason to stay,we did notice alot of guests staying up on their balconies with a bottle of wine they had bought from the Spar shop opposite the hotel of an evening I do not know why as we did not find it expensive for drinks or snacks?..
I do think there are some changes planned for this hotel for the not so distant future,speaking to staff and a general aura about the place,hopefully it will remain the welcoming friendly relaxing place next year,we have booked again for next year(June)..This hotel and area gives a sense of feeling safe and non threatening I would certainly not feel worried about coming here on my own aswell as with others..Overall a superb holiday,many thanks Playa Astoria

Room Tip: There are single occupancy rooms for single travellers..
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Devontravelbug2
ricardeix, e-commerce at Hotel Astoria Playa Only Adults, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Hola
Many thaks for your stay and for your nice review.
We hope that after the renewing we have started we will not loose any of our positives and will improove in the negatives.
See you next June
Astoria Playa

Write a ReviewReviews (2,437)

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

This was my 8/9 visit to this hotel...
Was a little concerned as they are now adult only , but I need not of worried.Hotel is just the same amazing friendly staff..
Rooms a little dated (but I hear that's going to change) but still very clean and comfortable. Have booked again for next year.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank devonlass41

Hola
Many thanks for your new stay in Astoria Playa and for the next stay.
yes, as you heart we are now renewing all the hotel, we hope you will like it.
See you next year.
best regards

Reviewed September 28, 2012

having stayed in alcudia many times 4 of these in the Astoria Playa, its a great hotel
in a cracking location a few streets away from the very busy Bellevue area, so you dont
get the late night noise and rowdieness, but close enough to be able to walk to there and
the beach and up to the port, which is nice at night with a little market at the marina.
the hotel is very clean and friendly and is my wifes favorite, so we have booked again
foe next summer.

Room Tip: the rooms at the front face the garden but the coaches pull up at all times so there is a little eng...
Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank brooky_12
ricardeix, e-commerce at Hotel Astoria Playa Only Adults, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Hola
Many thanks for your fourth stay and for your nice words.
Next year you will see many differences as we are going to renew all the hotel this comming winter.
See you again.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Lovely hotel, excellent location, 5 mins from gorgeous beach! The food was amazing in this hotel, large choice, fresh food every sitting. Hotel is only for adults so not full of whinging kids! Peaceful! Rooms clean and entertainment ok.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank SharonG012

Hola
Guests satisfied with our services makes us very happy, so many thanks.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Back again for our 4th visit, excellent hotel and location, friendly and hard working staff, mentioning Magdalena, Felipe, Francis and Alex, and the lady who cleaned our room Mari, and what a great room with large balcony. Enjoyed the food, always something we liked, cannot fault the hotel, the entertainment has much improved since our last visit, and it is even better now it is child free and no sharing of tables. Excellent location in the resort, just over the road to the fantastic beach. Looking forward to next years visit or visits.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool has most of the sun all day, rooms overlooking the front of the hotel hav...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susan L

Hola
Many thanks for your fourtth visit and for your nice review.
we hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is very clean and conveniently situated. Rooms are fairly basic but ok, apart from the fact that beds are rather hard. Hotel provides evening entertainment around pool area, which was not to my personal taste. Our room overlooked the pool so if we were in our room after dinner it was very noisy and we were left with no option but to listen to the music, like it or not.

We stayed half board. There was a wide selection of food available, but we were bored by this by the end of the week. The hotel is clearly trying to cater for all tastes, but I feel it would have been better to focus on serving fewer dishes of a better quality.

All in all, this hotel is good value for money if you are looking for a reasonably priced break in the sun. It's also great that the Astoria is child free.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank fiat500owner

Hola
Thanks for your review, both positives and negatives will help us.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have stayed 11 nights in Hotel Astoria Playa in Mallorca during September. I am more than satisfied, I think you get more here comparing what you usually expect from a 3* hotel. Looking it from outside it is not so fancy maybe a bit old but it does not mean that it is neglected or dirty. Also the rooms and the public places are clean and tidy. Maybe the tennis court is not so well maintained (I am not sure if it is really suitable for playing tennis – whenever it was raining, the court was totally under water) but it was not planned for me to play tennis so I did not really care about it. The hotel has 2 open air swimming pool, one is really small, like a Jacuzzi but the other one is having a middle size. It has a round shape and its deepest part is 1,8 m so suitable for swimming. I can imagine that during the main season this small garden with the pool and the sunbeds can be a bit crowded, but to be honest why should you lie in the garden of the hotel when you have the nicest beach in Mallorca just within 5 minutes’ walking distance. The location of this hotel is fantastic. You are just coming out of the hotel crossing the main road and can immediately enjoy the beautiful beach. The hotel staff was really friendly also in the dining and in the bar area. The only negative thing I can mention, that the hotel has some "hidden costs". For example you are not having hairdryer in the room so if you forget to take yours with you (like I did) you have to rent one from the hotel for 12 EUR/week. The other thing is that they are not offering any drink for free during the dinner (even not water) so this is also an addition cost. For me it was a bit strange at the beginning but the quality of the dinner was really good and we paid only 81EUR/ 2 persons for the rooms with halfboard so I have easily accepted this. For dinner they were offering every day fresh salads, and nearly all type of meets (we had every day fish, chicken and pork/beef) pasta, pizza, soups and at least 3 types of dessert plus ice cream. The breakfast was a bit poor for me but I think they are specialized for British guests and therefore offering British breakfast. If you do not like to eat toast, bacon, sausage and beans for breakfast than you have not so many other choice - but to be honest I was always found something what I like (cheese, egg, fruits). So overall I can recommend this hotel for everyone who is travelling here to relax and enjoy this beautiful island. For people who wants to have big parties every night I would say to choose another hotel (and also maybe another part of the island and not Alcudia). This hotel was also organizing some shows during the night but I have enjoyed only one of them (the "Abba sisters" were making a big show) others were not so good.

Room Tip: Rooms looking for the main road can be noisy if you leave the windows open during the night.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kollaragi

Hola
Thanks, we love to be told when our gests ae happy with our services.
Hope to see you again.
Astoria Playa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'Alcudia
Vanity Hotel Golf
Sol Beach House Mallorca
Sol Beach House Mallorca
#5 of 38 in Palmanova
Hotel Riu Palace Bonanza Playa

Been to Hotel Astoria Playa Only Adults? Share your experiences!