This was my first time staying in Majorca and I can say my preconceptions of it being tacky and over 'touristy' was banished We(8 of us)stayed for 10 nights here..Firstly the hotel..I can see why people return year after year to this place,it almost has a big family feel to it,the staff could not do enough for you and work very hard indeed with a constant smile on their faces,bar staff especially..The rooms are slightly dated although perfectly adequate as a base,I am on the understanding that the rooms are being updated and some already have been.The food was plentyfull and never lacked in choices,from meat,fish,vegetarian,pastas,salads and so on..Found the situation with sunbeds around the pool quite hilarious at the start of our stay and being quite ashamed of fellow Brits queuing??Yes queuing waiting for the pool area to open in the mornings,this did settle down after a few days though and wasn't a major issue but I do think the pool area size and amount of sunbeds available doesn't reflect the amount of guests this hotel can cater for if you are a sun worshiper.Room were always clean and seemed to get fresh towels every day,you get a small complementary shower gel and shampoo aswell but there is no hairdryer (I always take my own so wasn't an issue).There are some really lovely areas and walks all along Alcudia,we walked several times to the Harbor which I would say was about 20 minute stroll,the beach is very nice too with plenty of water sports going on..Port Pollenca is worth a visit,a very nice resort with a lovely pine walk.. the old town of Alcudia is lovey as it is very much in keeping with old Spanish narrow cobbled paths and structures,they do have a market every sunday which we went to,you could buy anything from bags to fresh cuts of meat!Anything and everything was at this market...
If I had to be critical of Astoria and I hope this is constructive criticism,they could do with a bit more entertainment in the evening other than an act(Most of them were worth watching)If they want people to stay and spend money in the place then you need to give people a reason to stay,we did notice alot of guests staying up on their balconies with a bottle of wine they had bought from the Spar shop opposite the hotel of an evening I do not know why as we did not find it expensive for drinks or snacks?..
I do think there are some changes planned for this hotel for the not so distant future,speaking to staff and a general aura about the place,hopefully it will remain the welcoming friendly relaxing place next year,we have booked again for next year(June)..This hotel and area gives a sense of feeling safe and non threatening I would certainly not feel worried about coming here on my own aswell as with others..Overall a superb holiday,many thanks Playa Astoria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Astoria Playa Hotel****SUP with its wonderfully modern décor both inside and out, designed with luxury and comfort in mind, is situated only 150m from the magnificent sandy beach of the Bay of Alcudia. Style and comfort flows throughout the hotel and into the gardens where you will find the swimming pools, sun terraces, Jacuzzis, and Balinese loungers. It is a perfect choice for a romantic getaway or for those who simply wish to relax. For the more active guests there are lots of local cycling and hiking routes and for the golfers there is an 18-hole course in Alcanada only 15minutes drive from the hotel. Free WIFI is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Astoria Playa Only Adults reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astoria Playa Puerto Alcudia
- Hotel Astoria Playa Only Adults Majorca, Spain