We stayed here 26th July 2013 for 10 days. I was quite worried about this holiday after reading other reviews about chavs and drunks, etc, and for the first couple of days I kept looking around for these chavs and drunks, and I'm glad to say I didn't see any, nor did we experience any bad behaviour. I then started to relax and really enjoy our holiday. So, I really do not know what to say about this, I can only think that either the people writing about the chavs are snobs (even though they say they aren't), or no chavs were there holidaying at the same time as us.
The food here is excellent, a great choice and every night they do a theme night (which is also very good). And all the dining staff dress up in appropriate costume. The longest time we had to wait to get seated for dinner was about 10 minutes, but it really doesn't seem that long, you're on holiday, talking, etc, having fun. And the gentleman at the door is really good at getting people to their seats really quickly, as are the dining staff cleaning plates away, etc, and re-setting the tables for the next guests (although too fast sometimes - my son left his half eaten dinner to get another drink and it was taken away without asking if he'd finished - so he had to go get another dinner. Although, if you don't want to wait the Marte never seems to have a queue.
You have your dinner in all 3 restaurants. Lunch is in Jupiter and fast lunch in the Marte, and there's the burger bar outside. There's also sandwich making facilities in the Jupiter. Then between 10pm-midnight there is fast dinner in the Jupiter. There's also drinks machines in the hotels to help yourself, although I think these are just hot drinks, apart from in the Marte where you can get water.
The bars serves beer, fizzy drinks and slush, although the slush isn't proper slush, it's very liquid, not much ice in it, but still tastes the same.
In the Jupiter (not sure about the other 2), but the lifts on one side go to all the even floors and the lifts on the other side go to all the odd floors, so we were never waiting long at all for the lifts and they were never crowded.
The safe is 3.40 euros a day, and is located in your room.
The swimming pools get extremely crowded, I'm not sure if they are like that all year or whether it was because we went in high season (UK's 6 week school holiday). Also, the sunbeds are hard and cannot be seated up, you have to lay flat all the time. And, yes, you've guessed it, you have to be up early to reserve your sunbed with your towel.
There is a free bus to the beach every day (and the driver is really nice), and there is also a free bus to the port on an evening.
My children did the t.shirt painting and the candy party. The animation team were good apart from one girl. She did not once smile, she looked so moody and looked liked she really hated what she was doing. I asked her for a paintbrush for my child at the t.shirt painting and she did not smile or talk nicely and happily. Then one evening I saw her laughing, joking and having a great time with some lads who were there holidaying. Well, what do you say? She obviously dislikes children and parents, but likes the boys.
We had free unlimited access to the waterpark (we travelled with Jet2) - not all tour operators give you the free access. The waterpark, while on the small side, was really good and my children enjoyed all the slides. The wave pool at the waterpark only comes on at 11.30am and 3.00pm (not sure if they do one after this time). You have to pay for the sunbeds at the waterpark. It does get busy, but if you go when it first opens they aren't as many people there and the queues for the slides are shorter.
The beach at Alcudia is lovely, and the sea is clear and shallow - beautiful.
Overall, we had a fantastic time, and really enjoyed ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Mac is an all inclusive complex located in Puerto Alcudia, Mallorca. The resort specialises in families and at their disposal there are 100.000 square meters with a wide offer for all tastes. Two natural lakes, one of them with kayaks, water bikes and pedalos, spacious gardens, nine swimming pools, including a splash pool for small children and a river pool, Children Village for children between 4 and 12 years old, two entertainment areas: a spectacular stage with professional shows and another area with live music or entertainment every night, two indoor bars, five outdoor bars, three restaurants, burger kiosk , tennis court, sand multi sports court, mini golf, running track, archery, small train around the complex for the younger ones, souvenir shop, etc.The complex has three buildings in which you will be able to find rooms to suit your requirements. Marte, Jupiter o Saturno, all of them with the same quality and good service and sharing all facilities between them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, TravelUp, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Club MAC Alcudia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Mac Alcudia Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Mac Alcudia Hotel
- Hotel Mac Alcudia
- Club MAC Alcudia Majorca, Spain