“Had a really good time”

Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Had a really good time”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here 26th July 2013 for 10 days. I was quite worried about this holiday after reading other reviews about chavs and drunks, etc, and for the first couple of days I kept looking around for these chavs and drunks, and I'm glad to say I didn't see any, nor did we experience any bad behaviour. I then started to relax and really enjoy our holiday. So, I really do not know what to say about this, I can only think that either the people writing about the chavs are snobs (even though they say they aren't), or no chavs were there holidaying at the same time as us.

The food here is excellent, a great choice and every night they do a theme night (which is also very good). And all the dining staff dress up in appropriate costume. The longest time we had to wait to get seated for dinner was about 10 minutes, but it really doesn't seem that long, you're on holiday, talking, etc, having fun. And the gentleman at the door is really good at getting people to their seats really quickly, as are the dining staff cleaning plates away, etc, and re-setting the tables for the next guests (although too fast sometimes - my son left his half eaten dinner to get another drink and it was taken away without asking if he'd finished - so he had to go get another dinner. Although, if you don't want to wait the Marte never seems to have a queue.

You have your dinner in all 3 restaurants. Lunch is in Jupiter and fast lunch in the Marte, and there's the burger bar outside. There's also sandwich making facilities in the Jupiter. Then between 10pm-midnight there is fast dinner in the Jupiter. There's also drinks machines in the hotels to help yourself, although I think these are just hot drinks, apart from in the Marte where you can get water.

The bars serves beer, fizzy drinks and slush, although the slush isn't proper slush, it's very liquid, not much ice in it, but still tastes the same.

In the Jupiter (not sure about the other 2), but the lifts on one side go to all the even floors and the lifts on the other side go to all the odd floors, so we were never waiting long at all for the lifts and they were never crowded.

The safe is 3.40 euros a day, and is located in your room.

The swimming pools get extremely crowded, I'm not sure if they are like that all year or whether it was because we went in high season (UK's 6 week school holiday). Also, the sunbeds are hard and cannot be seated up, you have to lay flat all the time. And, yes, you've guessed it, you have to be up early to reserve your sunbed with your towel.

There is a free bus to the beach every day (and the driver is really nice), and there is also a free bus to the port on an evening.

My children did the t.shirt painting and the candy party. The animation team were good apart from one girl. She did not once smile, she looked so moody and looked liked she really hated what she was doing. I asked her for a paintbrush for my child at the t.shirt painting and she did not smile or talk nicely and happily. Then one evening I saw her laughing, joking and having a great time with some lads who were there holidaying. Well, what do you say? She obviously dislikes children and parents, but likes the boys.

We had free unlimited access to the waterpark (we travelled with Jet2) - not all tour operators give you the free access. The waterpark, while on the small side, was really good and my children enjoyed all the slides. The wave pool at the waterpark only comes on at 11.30am and 3.00pm (not sure if they do one after this time). You have to pay for the sunbeds at the waterpark. It does get busy, but if you go when it first opens they aren't as many people there and the queues for the slides are shorter.

The beach at Alcudia is lovely, and the sea is clear and shallow - beautiful.

Overall, we had a fantastic time, and really enjoyed ourselves.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank djd73

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,260)
  • Polish first
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Booked family suite, plenty room for everybody, my partner and our 3 boys aged 10, 9 and 7 had a great time, menu changes everyday, food choices were extensive, you'd have to be extremely fussy not to find any think you liked. Kids clubs, entertainment is all focused on families, what a brilliant set up. Staff friendly and very helpful, if this hotel is on your short list just book it, you won't be dissapointed. Was there for 10 days, could easily of stayed longer!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Pamela C
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Just returned from 12 nights at club mac and I have to say I was dubious before going as I had read the reports on trip advisor before going but went with friends who were going for their 4th time. So, were to start, well we had a fabulous time and are already thinking about going back next year. Everyone's experience is different and I agree there are some negatives to this place; rooms are basic and no sound proofing but very clean, sunbeds are an issue and you struggle to get one after 7.30am and this needs sorting, queues were a pain sometimes for meals however the food was great and plenty of choice, the major negative was the drinks so we did go out quite a bit and came back at approx 11pm.

All that said, we had a great time. My 16 year old daughter had an amazing time and met loads of people who she hopes to keep in touch with. The complex was safe, she felt safe there. The entertainment team try really hard but they do need to vary it up at little bit as it can get a bit repetitive. The food was good, it's not Michelin starred cuisine but what do you expect in a 3* hotel catering for thousands. I never saw any trouble whatsoever, a few drunks but you get that anywhere.

All in all, good time had by all. My husband is by his own admission a snob and was not looking forward to this holiday however even he had a great time so can't all be bad!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank MichelleCo1
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

As it was my brothers 40th. we decided to all go away together this year and we went here as a group of 5 adults and 5 kids. Couldn´t have had a better time.The kids made friends immediately with other kids at the swimming pool and we found a spot to sunbathe and get the drinks in. The food was much better than anticipated and the shows and entertainers are excellent. They made the holiday for us really cos the kids joined in with everything and it kept them busy. The rooms are clean and towels and sheets were changed and they have small balconies. Noise during the day does get into the rooms ( from the pool ) but if you are trying to get a siesta earplugs will work! On Bob´s birthday the entertainers sung Happy Birthday and made his day and we had a brilliant time. All in all a top place to go with your family.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mand_J43
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Went with my husband and 6 yr old daughter, my dad, sister and 8 year old neice.
All stayed at Jupiter, waterpark included (booked via jet2) - to enter the waterpark we would have had to pay €23 per adult if we hadn't per day, so excellent value for money. Yes it was busy but we went at peak season so expected that, however, our appartment was tended daily by the maid, and public areas were exceptionally clean at all times. We dined at the Jupiter restaurant the majority of the time and choice was plentiful and of really good quality. Entertainment for adults was a bit poor, so we made our own, you can sit and relax at the Jupiter bar in the evening without the intrusion of the kids entertainment etc. Staff throughout were brilliant, cleanliness great, food plentiful!! I had read of the 'sickness' bugs beforehand and never experienced anything and we all ate the salad, drank drinks with ice and swam in the pools all day, I suggest perhaps those who suffered perhaps didn't follow the general rules of higiene and always wash their hands after using the facilities. All in all a great time had by all x

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Krispster
norwich
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Got back from club mac on 11th august 2013 first of all have to pay for tv not even basic chanels, no fridge unless you rent. My husband put my towel out one morning for me as he was taking our daughter to waterpark for day and someone stole it! Then that afternoon a large chavy girl came over to my bed as i found my towel other side of pool and tried to take it bsck off me! So rude never stayed in a hotel like it. My daughter got sickness bug beginning of secknd week so beware it isabout. Have to pay for everthing extra got loads for kids if you pay amusments games trampolines etc. The waterpark wasnt included for us flew with cosmos so very expensive this was not clearto us when we booked.Free bus to town at nite is a free for all push and shove youre way on thank gosh only takes 5 mins .very busy resort if you can bear screaming kids at breakfast hyped up on e numbers spilljng drinks all over floor as parents let them carry full glasses of juice all around resturant .lots of kids in pools with inflatables can hardly move in pool but what expect from 3 star. Lifts are slow keep swiping with room card to call them annoying but gat used to it. Jupiter pool is more for chavy families go to saturno pool more bareable. Dont bother trying to get sunbec first 3 roex in front of pool they are chained together and on gap inbetween so have to slide up from bottom of bec to lie down and next to you could be some stranger far too close really uncomfortable overall if you dont mind a manic holiday queing for everthing snd screaming kids running around then this is perfect not for me im afraid would not return even if it was a freeby

Room Tip: Book overlooking back or side