I have taken my time to consider all elements of our holiday before writing this review. We have just returned from a 10 day holiday at Club Mac and this was our first trip abroad with our 2.5 year old. I have to say that our first impression was not great as the weather was cold and people were just sat around (mainly in tracksuits) and looking miserable... However as our stay continued, and the weather improved, we changed our minds.
Good points: Very clean. Staff cannot do enough for you - very hard working.
Food quality is very good and there is a lot of variety. It can get a little repetitive after a few days though and there is a lack of high chairs at peak times. The show cooking section is good but most of the time there was a large queue and a bit of a shortage here.
The entertainment staff were BRILLIANT and very welcoming. So hard working and friendly.
Not so good points: I have to say that unfortunately, its is the calibre of guests that let this hotel down. Boozy parents letting their wild children run riot. A lot of them totally unsupervised: falling off rides, playing in lifts, attacking my 2 year old with a water gun!!! I am not a "snob" but we had to get away from it all on several days and nights as it was just awful.
The walls are very thin and the other guests loud when returning at all hours...
It is a bit "out of it"
Pools were FREEZING!!! We swam in the sea but couldn't get into the pools?
The Mini Disco starts at 8pm which is too late in my opinion... They should also do some things inside for the kids in the evening (especially when so cold.)
Tips if you are going here:
The free beach bus is very reliable and runs every half hour. We actually walked there most days and it took us 20 minutes.
The Old Town is lovely but we couldn't walk there. It took 10 minutes in a taxi (6Euros)
We had some lovely walks to The Port and this took about 30 minures. It is lovely there. Nice restaurants, beach atttractions, pretty etc...
The horse and cart ride is lovely but pricey @ 15Euros. You will see them up and down the streets.
Take some change for the rides in resort. We were quite strict but they are everywhere!
There is a nice adult only area with payable massage (lakeside)
There is a fish pedicure place (10Euros for 15 minutes)
Overall we enjoyed our holiday here but would not return.
THIS IS NO REFELECTION ON THE STAFF OR THE CLEANLINESS OF THE HOTEL.
Maybe the All Inclusive Family Resort just isn't for us?
The other guests let it down
Hope you found this useful x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Mac is an all inclusive complex located in Puerto Alcudia, Mallorca. The resort specialises in families and at their disposal there are 100.000 square meters with a wide offer for all tastes. Two natural lakes, one of them with kayaks, water bikes and pedalos, spacious gardens, nine swimming pools, including a splash pool for small children and a river pool, Children Village for children between 4 and 12 years old, two entertainment areas: a spectacular stage with professional shows and another area with live music or entertainment every night, two indoor bars, five outdoor bars, three restaurants, burger kiosk , tennis court, sand multi sports court, mini golf, running track, archery, small train around the complex for the younger ones, souvenir shop, etc.The complex has three buildings in which you will be able to find rooms to suit your requirements. Marte, Jupiter o Saturno, all of them with the same quality and good service and sharing all facilities between them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TravelUp, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Club MAC Alcudia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Mac Alcudia Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Mac Alcudia Hotel
- Hotel Mac Alcudia
- Club MAC Alcudia Majorca, Spain