We stayed at the Palm Garden resort from the 17th aug to 24th aug 2013.
There is another recent review on here from the beginning of August which is quite accurate but I would like to comment on a couple of things.
Firstly the sister/main hotel complex is mainly 95% German with very little or no English.
The disco in the evening is mainly in German although the music was English a lot of the time.
The pools in the main area are clean and busy. All sun loungers were taken by at least 8 o'clock possibly 7.
This didn't matter to us as we spend all our time on the beech, why go on a holiday abroad and sit around the pool?
As for the palm garden apartments we stayed in room 9002.
As per the other review the comments were correct that the balcony was nice and quiet but you are looking at bushes about 3 yards away and on the other side is a road (not that busy though).
You cannot fault the surrounding gardens as they are lovely and kept in pristine condition.
It's a shame that the cleaning of the apartments are not kept as clean. The apartment was old looking with all old wooden furniture which smelt awful and musky. I had this sort of furniture about 20 years ago when I went there before the children came along. The main bed mattresses were disgusting and had mattress covers on so you couldn't see the mattress. Believe me you would not want to see the mattress. As for the sofa beds in the main room they gave me back ache all holiday. They have been sat on for years and the sponge is so soft you sink in them causing back problems.
The rooms were average to bad re cleanliness. Hairs on the bathroom floor in the corner and chipped tiles with dirty grouting and a rusty bath plug area.
The kitchen was ok but you have to pay for a toaster and kettle ( about 9 euros with 5 deposit that you get back) . Self catering was better for us due to two little ones who are fussy with breakfast and after seeing the hotel food your better off doing your own breakfast and lunch. The hotel food was geared towards Germans and looked like canteen food. Don't expect good tv's in these rooms as we had a small big back tv with limited channels all in German apart from sky news. Awful for the kids when your getting ready to go out.
As per the other review the beech is about a 2 min walk across the main road and the sands are great. However the sea which is clear and child friendly, being the main reason for going there absolutely stunk. This was very disappointing. About 11 years ago I went to Alcudia with my wife to be and the smell was not there. It smells like rotten eggs. Although not really strong all the time it's at least 75 % of the time and if there is no breeze it's a lot worse. On speaking to a life guard he put it down to the hotels. Other locals seemed to dismiss the smell as if not wanting to admit it was there.
Restaurants- good up by the harbour. Go to the Oven Resturant, great pizzas and nice staff.
Avoid the beech Resturant on the beech as the food was awful.
Would i go back to Alcudia? Yes but they need to sort the smell and I'm not sure how they will do that.
Would I stay at Palm Gardens again? Yes mainly for location, but a better room next time with 4 beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palm Garden Apartments stand just 80 metres from Alcúdia beach, on Majorca’s north coast. The superb facilities, a packed programme of activities with something to suit all ages and its proximity to the S’Albufera Nature Park guarantee a fantastic holiday for all the family.The aparthotel offers guests spacious fully-equipped apartments and rooms and full use of all the facilities at the Alcúdia Garden complex. Set in more than 8,000 m2 of grounds, large terraces surround the aparthotel’s outdoor pool, children’s play area and the bar and buffet-restaurant. Indoor facilities at this complex include a heated pool, sauna and jacuzzi, fitness room and garage with bicycle washing and cleaning area and repair workshop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apartamentos Palm Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Palm Garden Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Apartamentos Palm Garden Majorca, Spain