Booked for 1 week mid-October (off season) - Self Catering.
GOOD POINTS -
Check in - Good English speaking staff generally helpful and the main entrance is easy to find, although you will have to carry your luggage to your room.
Location is great for Alcudia Beach and Puerto Alcudia is left at the traffic lights at the main road (1 min walk). Turn right at the lights and there is loads more though in terms of restaurants, bars, tabac shop etc. Old town is 5 min drive away.
Getting around - we asked for the supermarket Eroski, they directed us easily. also worth noting, for general groceries the lady running the spar across the road isn't that much more expensive than eroski and I would look at the other local 'supermarkets on the main strips.
Air con worked - we were in Block 3 on the second floor, 2 sets of stairs but only small sets.
Kitchen was compact had nearly everything we needed.
Towels were available, as many as you need just help yourself from the open cupboards in the corridor otherwise ask the cleaning maid.
Room walls not bad, we heard a bit of shouting from next door when their kids were just being kids but the walls were far from being thin non sound proof walls so not to worry if making a bit of noise (this was great for me as I tend to be a light sleeper).
Generally quiet, family oriented resort - everyone seemed to be asleep around 10pm, even though in the quiet season most of the rooms in our corridor were occupied.
Outdoor pool, fairly clean, water a bit cold but generally well kept.
Indoor pool and jacuzzi was good, Sauna was available on request, Gym was very basic but ok for topping up your biceps, triceps, chest etc.
Mainly German guests - not too loud, generally keep themselves to themselves (no offence).
BAD POINTS -
Stone floor corridor echoes everything including women’s high heels.
Beds not the best - quite cheap but ok for the money paid, if you have back problems though I would probably ask for additional sheets to put down underneath or the blankets provided in the cupboards.
Cleaning maid did not wash the dishes - I washed them, i've heard of self-catering, but self-cleaning - come on. We tended to eat out most nights except one or two so it wasn't worth saying something but if you are cooking in every night then it could be a bit of a hassle. Borrow washing up liquid from the maid, but you will have to buy your own dish scrubber.
Cleaning maid would knock on the door even though the do not disturb sign was on nearly every morning around 10-11am, I would have to say please come back in 30mins and one time we had a late night so I said give us an hour, she didn't come back - guess that's the Majorcan way, we laughed it off but if you were in the middle of something it would be annoying i.e. shower, cooking, snoozing.
Normal things like hairdryer (10E p/week, iron 10E p/week and the key to the room safe 20E p/week were extras) i thought was a bit much as they are only bog standard Asda ones.
Luggage scale is 1 Euro per each item!!! As we bought souvenirs we needed to know.
Mainly German guests (dont expect smiles from other holiday makers, no offence but we smiled at nearly everyone and it was like smiling at a wall).
Smoke stained rooms, only the ceiling was re-painted white, doors all had smoke stains but the room didn’t at all smell of stale smoke nor was it dirty, we did request non-smoking when booking but i only noticed the ash tray and smoke stains on the second day so decided to leave it, but if you have kids check these things on arrival before you take your luggage up because if you change rooms you may have to drag it across to another block.
Hire a car we used Record a go who were ok, costed 200euros with a full tank of gas and insurance as i paid by direct debit, if you have a credit card could prob get it cheaper. The cars all have scratches on them, dont worry about it if your hire car does, it’s the Majorcan way.
Weather was great mid 20's, not a drop of rain whilst we were there, a bit of a chill at night but it was welcomed to me after the warm day sightseeing and sun soaking.
Alcudia - the beach is alright, Sa Rocha on the way to Can Picafort is better and Es Trenc is 1hr drive away to the south but is worth it. Closer still is Alcanada a very small almost private beach but I wished we'd found it earlier as when we got there mid-afternoon one day it was just perfect.
Enjoi cocktail bar (bit pricey) - Alcudia
Banana Club very friendly, nice atmosphere.- Alcudia
Old town markets - Monday around 10am - 2pm place was heaving. Also go to the old town when its quiet, lovely peace and quiet, tranquil, typically Spanish.
Go to Cala Ratjada it's very well kept, loads of restaurants, bars at very reasonable prices.
Go to Palma for the day - see the Cathedral 4 Euros amazing, shops, port etc, Arab baths were a bit of a let down but worth a look for 2 Euros each.
Cap de formentor is driveable from Alcudia (1hr 30 mins easy driving in traffic - high season would be longer though) and the drive is not as bad people make out, people were driving 4x4s, saloons, etc, we were in a 1.2 corsa and it made it no probs!
Festival park worth a look - its like a crap shopping centre but its a new development and the nike factory store is worth a look if you have the car.
Caves el drac (1hr drive) or Coves del campanet (15mins) we went to the near one and it was spectacular, lovely cafe, setting, tour guide, a must see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alcudia Garden Aparthotel welcomes you to one of the most complete resorts in Playa de Alcudia: recently refurbished apartments with free Wi-Fi, gastronomy, wellness area, entertainment for all ages... An accommodation specially designed for families and sportspeople who want to make the most of their days in Majorca, with the best facilities and an excellent quality price ratio. This resort located near S'Albufera Natural Park is formed by 276 apartments, double rooms and suites equipped with state-of-the-art services, a design adapted to all type of guests and versatile spaces ideal to be shared with children, your couple or friends. All these modern, spacious and well-cared apartments are located 80 metres away from Playa de Alcudia. They are surrounded by 8.000 square metres of exclusive terraces, gardens, solarium areas, swimming pool, games area for children, sports facilities... They offer you the perfect combination for resting, having fun and enjoying the north of Majorca without worries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alcudia Garden Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alcudia Garden Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Alcudia Garden Puerto
- Alcudia Garden Aparthotel Majorca, Spain