“Great family holiday”
Review of Mariner Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port d'Alcudia
Mariner Club
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Great family holiday”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Just returned from 7 days holiday at the Mariner Club ..had a wonderful time The Mariners was clean and family friendly. The staff worked very hard in making you feel very welcome and couldnt do enough to assist you. Amanda was amazing with the children who followed her around where ever she went including my 3 year old grandson!! They did a very nice breakfast but we only ate once in the evening and although the food was ok we prefered to eat out and taste more local cuisine. Miguel the night security/reception found my handbag when i inadvertanly left it under a table..he came straight to our apartmento and returned it to me.he was so caring and polite..Thank you Miguel you are a lovely gentleman..some of the more rowdy of the guests who could be difficult at the best of times..you handled very well and de-esculated bad behaviour with gentlmanly conduct..Thank you all for a wonderfull holiday.. We will visit the Mariners again in the future with our family. However, should my partner and I holiday on our own we would not book.. as it is more for families with children ..this is not a criticism but a compliment as the Mariners is a fabulous holiday for children..wishing you all well for the future.

Room Tip: Take advice from Mike (Rep) re local activities and places to visit. We where in rooms 11 and 12 gr...
1 Thank SusanStewart-12

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My partner and my two daughters stayed here for ten days from 7 July and we couldnt fault the place! Our room was immaculate and cleaned every other day. We knew the cleanes by name as we saw her so often! Although the hotel was full there was no problem with kids running about, although I guess we went early in the holiday season.

We met numerous families who were staying for the second if not third time.

All the staff were just fantastic and so friendly.

I feel a lot of the reviews on here are very unfair and critical. You get what you pay for and we got a clean, fairly spacious apartment.

Give the Mariner's a fair chance!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank muckley
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just back after a week my god if this 3 star accommodation I would hate to see 2 star. We were in a room just above the kitchen so every morning you had the pleasure of the extraction system starting about 7 each morning and if you opened the balcony door you would think you were living above a chip shop. The room were in very bad need of some T L C I have seen much better student accomadation . I know you can say it is budget hotel but by the time you pay separately for air conditioning , tv remotes etc it is no cheaper than a decent place. My advice is if your thinking of staying here DONT

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Declan M
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

What an experience...paid almost £800 for 1 week for myself and partner....electrical wires haning out, sockets stuffed with toilet tissue, door didnt lock properly, tiles missing from floor, inside microwave all rusty and seal blown, 'beds' are hard sofa matress, if your looking for a relaxing week then DO NOT BOOK here, its full of noisy kids(even in mid Sept), walls paper thin- we had a daily wake up call at 6am from next doors kids screaming and moving furniture. On the plus the rep is great, lots of knowledge and very helpful, Amanda kids entertaniner great and staff very friendly, only 10 mins walk to main strip of bars... safe to say we were glad to come home!!

Room Tip: Rooms quieter away from pool
5 Thank DDBmth
bournemouth
Reviewed September 23, 2012

we have stayed at this hotel twice, 10 days in august 2011 and 10 days in sep 2012
staff are very friendly and nothing is too much bother,rooms are very clean, and amanda the entertainment rep really tries her best to keep everyone happy. only thing we were dissapointed about was the menu and chef had changed this year and there was not as much variety and the prices had gone up, drinks are very cheap 1.85 euro for a pint of local beer and 3.75 euro for a spirit with mixer. hotel is set in quiet area but 10 min walk over a couple of bridges along the canals and your in the busy strip with all the bars and restaurants,

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed at Mariners in early June 12 for a week with my partner and 2 year son, I was very disappointed when we drove up to the apartment and went into the reception and bar area as this was very dated and it looks like its in the middle of nowhere, my first thought was I want to cry!.. But as soon as we walked out of the bar to our 1 bedroomed apartment I soon started warming upto the place.

The pool area is really nice and kept lovely, you can always get a sun lounger we didn't have any problems with insects which I was worried about from reading reviews before we had gone. it really is great for kids, could of been better if more people watched their kids but this isn't the Mariners fault. Our room was near the back (oposite the big slide) so we didn't have any issues with noise but everything seemed to stop at around midnight. The pool was cold but after a minute or two u soon warmed up, the edge of the pool wasn't slippery at all.

The apartment was basic and dated could have done with a new bathroom! but always clean (and you were left with a sweeping brush, pan and mop so you could have a quick go round yourself) and plenty of stuff provided if u wanted to cook yourself. the beds where firm but this didn't bother us, we pushed the beds together and the mattress from the sofa fit perfectly on the floor next to the beds so we all stayed in the bedroom. we paid for the air con which was fantastic and can be left on when not in the room, we were never hot in the room. Also lots of cupboard space with plenty of hangers.

Their is a spar and local supermarket within a couple of mins walking distance so very handy. The food from the bar was good we often had breakfast or lunch there but we always ate out on an evening so I am unable to give a review on that but a lot of people seemed to just stay at the resort day and night, so must have been alright!

The main strip (of the Bellevue hotel) which leads to the beach is about 10 min walk away and strangely enough we loved walking this each day and evening it certainly gets u out and walking all the food off! However this may have been abit too much for young children but taxi's were cheap enough. The entertainment on an evening was great kept the children entertained with a magic show, parrot show, disco and we even got into the bingo! Their seemed to be something going on everynight. The bar staff and reception staff were always nice and friendly, Mike the guy from Thompson's was very helpful and always available for a chat, he made sure we where aware of our coach transfer time with plenty of notice (from the airport to the resort was just under an hour) I would recommend getting a taxi to the marina its really nice lots of nice shops bars and great for a walk around and if ur upto it its not a bad walk.

Overall very pleased and would recommend for a family holiday with young children, don't go if ur a couple this is over run with kids! Also shop around for prices we didn't get this holiday on the cheap but a lot of other people did.

• Stayed June 2012
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My partner and I went on a late deal holiday to here, and had a great week, weather wise. Alcudia is a great place and the sea and sand is fantastic. Depending on the location a lot of walking is involved. We went just outside the school holidays, and were allocated an apartment at the end of the complex. This turned out to be an advantage as there were still many holidaymakers with younger children on site, and it could get quite noisy. The apartments themselves were quite basic, but with the holiday costing so little what would you expect. Maid service was every other day, with a change of towels and bedding. Swimming pool and play areas looked as though they could do with sprucing up a little. Entertainment was very “middle of the road” aimed mostly at the children, who seemed to enjoy it immensely. Overall if your a family with young children, the Mariners Club Apartments are just for you, If your there as a couple, I advise you look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms furthest away from reception offer a quieter location
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'Alcudia
Sol Alcudia Center Apartamentos
#9 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia
Viva Sunrise
Viva Sunrise
#5 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia

Been to Mariner Club? Share your experiences!