Don't usually write critiques to tripadvisor but felt that this hotel deserved one. My wife & I arrived on the 15th. of September for a week's holiday, & were very warmly welcomed by the Reception staff one of whom escorted us to block 2.
The Studio, No. 2311, a large spotless & well maintained unit, consisted of a bedroom with two wide single beds pushed together, a wardrobe with full length mirrored sliding doors & bedside tables. A fully tiled toilet with bath & shower & a kitchen/dining/living room with table & chairs, two settees, television & masses of storage space. The Balcony overlooked well kept gardens.
The hotel gardens are impressive the focal point being a pretty pool ideal for children. There's also another deeper pool for adults. All these lead to the Beach Bar which is directly on the main Alcudia beach.
You can dine either in the main Dining Room which has an 'Al Fresco' area, or the Beach Bar. The food is good & varied.
The hotel sits on an enviable position on the edge of Alcudia town surrounded by shops & restaurants, plus within a few minutes' walk you're in the quietness of the Playa de Muro. Bus Stop, mini train stop, taxi rank & horse drawn carriage rank, are right outside it.
No matter the position or structures of any holiday hotel their greatest strength is in the quality of their employees, they can make the difference between having a great or a mediocre holiday, & this hotel excel's in that area.
Yara Martinez is the hotels hands on Manager. This smartly dressed young lady is highly visible & approachable at all times . She leads a team who pull out all the stops to make your holiday enjoyable. Everyone appears genuinely happy in their work. It's not only the entertainment team who create the 'good feel' factor in this hotel, but all members of staff, cooks, waiters, cleaners, bar, maintenance, & reception all contribute to this.
Some examples of this are, Magdalena in reception who was busy serving others, rapidly sorted out an issue I had, a real multitasker. Toni who works in the background as a painter & decorator added to this good feeling as did our housekeeper. The two waitresses, Gabriella & Laura had such a warm & charm, if you could bottle it you'd make a fortune.
The only improvements I could suggest are the renewal of the sun loungers as they're well passed their sell by date, & the tables for two in the Dining room need to be reconfigured as they're too close together.
This hotel is ideal for families with babies & toddlers & couples of all ages ( my wife celebrated her 80th. birthday there) I don't think it's suitable for teenagers or couples who don't like children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca hotel, located on the sea front, you will enjoy a holiday that is not only ideally adapted for children, but also perfect for you and your partner. Here, there is time for everything and everyone: the little ones won’t stop playing and while they have fun, you’ll be able to enjoy time for just the two of you. No rushing around, no obligations, no stress. Let us walk you through your ideal family holiday, step by step! For multi-tasking parents. This hotel, which offers countless children’s activities, features studios and apartments that are perfectly adapted for your family. In them, you will find a microwave for heating up meals and snacks or a kitchenette for making sandwiches for your next day trip. Treat yourself! How about some chocolate-dipped strawberries? Or perhaps a typical Mallorcan ensaimada, or even something savoury — Japanese food, anyone? No matter what you feel like, you will be sure to find it; we have dishes to suit all tastes and of all different flavours, including local, national and international cuisine. Going to the beach is a breeze. You are so close that you can simply stroll over to the hammock area with your All Inclusive cocktail in your hand. What’s more, it is ideal for children. Thanks to the long, shallow shoreline, you can enjoy playing with them without any worries. The only problem will be getting them out of the water! Your kids will have an unforgettable time. There is simply no time for them to get bored here. They can spend hours on the slides in the play pool and make lots of new friends in the hotel’s clubs. Horse riding, swimming, bowling,… Boredom does not exist here! Fun times. Enjoy a drink in the chill out area or treat yourself at the spa. The various massages, beauty rituals and treatments on offer will leave you feeling like a new person! If you prefer, there is also the option of playing golf or tennis, or even enjoying an aerobics class. We are pet friendly. It can be difficult to imagine going on holiday without your beloved pet. We offer adapted rooms with a special bed, toys and treats for pets weighing 10 kg or less. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Ciudad Blanca Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Iberostar Puerto Alcudia
- Iberostar Hotel Ciudad Blanca
- IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca Majorca, Spain