We have just returned from a 14 night stay at this hotel with our two children, aged three and 13 months. Previously, we have stayed at some lovely five star hotels, however we found them far too expensive with two children this year, so we searched hard for a nice four star hotel that would be child friendly. We had been to Alcudia previously without the children and stayed at a different Iberostar property (Playa De Muro Village) so we were already familiar with both the resort and the hotel chain.
Overall we had mixed views on this hotel. The location was perfect - right on the beautiful sandy beach and only a 20 minute stroll to the Port of Alcudia. The food was fantastic, as we expected. There was enough variety that we didn't get bored at all during our two-week stay, eating breakfast, lunch and dinner there. There were similar things every day, but also enough variation to have something different each day if you wished. They also had a different theme each night at dinner, e.g. fajitas, kebabs, fish, roast turkey, tapas. There was also a good selection of 'familiar' foods for children. The grounds to the hotel were lovely and the pools were great - all communal areas were kept neat and tidy. The entertainment staff at the hotel were brilliant - they worked non-stop from early morning to late at night, also running the kid's club, mini disco and presenting some of the evening entertainment too! There is a small spa within the complex which is definitely worth a visit - I had a very relaxing (and much needed) hindu massage!
The biggest disappointment with this hotel was the accommodation. It was clean, but very basic and in need of an upgrade. The room layout was not great - there was a good sized lounge/kitchenette at the front opening onto the balcony, then a bathroom, then a double bedroom at the back. However, the bedroom had no ventilation, other than a small window which looked onto the corridor (which you weren't allowed to open anyway!) - this meant the bedroom was dark and dingy. It also meant you heard lots of noise from people walking/running in the corridor early in the morning and late at night. We also experienced a leak in our bathroom from the floor above during our stay - the hotel staff fixed it, but didn't offer any explanation as to what had caused it. We were in Block 2, which was the second biggest block. For a charge of 25 euros per night you can upgrade to a high floor room with a sea view, however I do not know if these rooms are more modern or a better layout than the one we stayed in.
If you don't like Germans then I would suggest you do not stay at this hotel as it is overrun with them and some of them can be incredibly rude! They also get up early to claim sunbeds, despite many signs around the complex stating that sunbeds cannot be reserved! The hotel staff seem to turn a blind eye to this, so I would recommend if you want a sunbed then do what everyone else does and get up early to reserve one!
One final gripe is that the complex was not very secure - anyone is free to walk through both the front door and the gate at the back that leads onto the beach, this wasn't even locked during the night - quite worrying, especially when you have young children.
On the whole I would say that, if you're not too bothered about the standard of your accommodation, then this a nicely located hotel with excellent food and good entertainment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca hotel is a complete hotel, and the all inclusive option is highly recommended for those who fancy experiencing an entertaining family holiday. Everyone will have their own space in its studios and apartments, as well as privacy and services that will make your stay a very comfortable one. Located on the sea front, the Ciudad Blanca hotel combines the beauty of the Bahia de Alcudia with gorgeous beaches and surroundings. These include the services and facilities of a family hotel: outdoor pools for adults and children, children’s playground, accommodation for pets, free Wi-Fi, SPA Sensations, all inclusive, Miniclub, Maxiclub, Teenieclub, Jacuzzi, professional shows, water sports, 15,000 m² of gardens, three restaurants, two bars and a spectacular Sea Soul & Beach Club to spend days and nights in the most incredible and relaxed atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Ciudad Blanca Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Iberostar Puerto Alcudia
- Iberostar Hotel Ciudad Blanca
- IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca Majorca, Spain