Partner and I(aged 55 & 53) spent week in Apartamentos Siesta I - oct 10th - oct 17th 2013.
Had looked on trip advisor website to review overall opinions of the hotel before choosing it.
overall we thought hotel was well run, clean, and had a safe overall feel to it.
Is about 1/2 mile from front/beach.
Our studio was much nicer and larger that some so called apartments at other hotels.
self catering facilities were sufficient. beds(2 singles that we moved together) were very comfortable. Bathroom(toilet, basin, bath with shower, bidet) were of good quality.
towels were changed if required everyday - except 1.
Entertainment was aimed at children - who seemed to enjoy themselves.
pool and its surrounds were lovely.
Bellevue resort(about 100yds away) was a bit noisy - but sliding doors from room to balcony
worked very smoothly, locked securely and kept out just about all external noise.
We ate out twice - once at the hotel's bar/restuarant.
Once at 'the SHINE'. both meals were fine. wine about 2.15euros a large glass - beer 2.5euros a pint. meals about 7 euros each. Self catering wise - food was much cheaper and better at supermarket in alcudia town than in local, so called supermarkets. Alcudia town itself is worth a visit anyway, (market day on sunday is very busy) - so combining trip to alcudia town with main shopping is worthwhile.
All in al a good trip, hotel is a good solid base.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a family friendly apartment complex located near the historic city of Alcudia (bus stop 3 minutes away from the apartments) and the Albufera Natural Park (3 km), the location of Apartamentos Siesta I is ideal for guests looking for a good accommodation base to practice all types of sports (such as Nordic Walking, Trekking, Hiking & Walking, Cycling, etc), or for those who are seeking sightseeing opportunities in the North of the Majorca (Alcudia and Pollensa towns, Pollentia Roman Ruins, Sa Bassa Blanca museum and art gallery, etc) or just for some relaxing days in the sun. Surrounded by gardens with a lovely lagoon-shaped swimming-pool, tennis court, multi-sports court, children's play area, The Red Lion bar & restaurant, El Amarre buffet restaurant and a supermarket on the premises (all open in high season), we invite you to relax, unwind and enjoy your stay in our apartments. WARNING: Lifeguard on duty at swimming-pool during the opening hours. There are restrictions in place regarding the use of inflatables and other leisure items in and around the pool. We offer the following types of apartments: studio, studio pool view, one-bedroom apartment, standard two-bedroom apartment, superior two-bedroom apartment. We offer the following types of board-basis: accommodation only, bed & buffet breakfast, or half board plus. The evening meal on the half board plus basis includes half a bottle of house wine, a large draught beer, soft drinks or water. The buffet restaurant "El Amarre" has a terrace with pool-view. Our bar & restaurant "The Red Lion" offers you a wide and carefully selected choice of snacks, food and cocktails. Food to take away. Shows and evening entertainment. The bar & restaurant "The Red Lion" also has a terrece with pool-view. We offer a wide entertainment programme (daytime and evening), run by our International entertainment team. Our Mini Club is available for children who are aged 4 and over. We wish you a very pleasant stay in Puerto de Alcudia!. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apartamentos Siesta I reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Siesta i Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Apartamentos Siesta i Puerto Alcudia
- Apartamentos Siesta I Majorca, Spain