Me and my partner and our 2 boys (2yrs and 6yrs) stayed in the siesta 1 apartments for 7 nights from the 28th of May 2013.
I can't fault the hotel at all, there was everything we needed.
Pool was lovely, we spent most of our days next to the childrens pool which is a great depth and doesn't require you to be in the pool with the kids the whole time (although supervised obviously!).There was a lifeguard constantly on duty if he was ever needed.
The rooms were fine, initially we were in a family room which was all open plan with shutters to hide the kitchen when not needed, we were upgraded to a lovely 2 bedroom apaprtment at no extra cost due to a proper with the bath leaking water.
We stayed self catering however really wish we'd gone half board at least. We ate in the hotel restraunt most lunch times and probably had half of our evening meals there too. Cheap prices, decent portions and decent meals. The food from the local supermarket is VERY expensive so it was worth our while to eat out every night.
The location is fab, short walk to everything we needed, and didn't take as long to walk to the beach as we had expected from reading other reviews (and we had 2 small children with us!).
The most BEAUTIFUL beach!
Be sure to try the horseriding which is just outside of the hotel, you can go for a lovely trek up the mountains, our 2year old even went on with daddy and loved it :)
Be quick to get those towels on the sun loingers though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a family friendly apartment complex located near the historic city of Alcudia (bus stop 3 minutes away from the apartments) and the Albufera Natural Park (3 km), the location of Apartamentos Siesta I is ideal for guests looking for a good accommodation base to practice all types of sports (such as Nordic Walking, Trekking, Hiking & Walking, Cycling, etc), or for those who are seeking sightseeing opportunities in the North of the Majorca (Alcudia and Pollensa towns, Pollentia Roman Ruins, Sa Bassa Blanca museum and art gallery, etc) or just for some relaxing days in the sun. Surrounded by gardens with a lovely lagoon-shaped swimming-pool, tennis court, multi-sports court, children's play area, The Red Lion bar & restaurant, El Amarre buffet restaurant and a supermarket on the premises (all open in high season), we invite you to relax, unwind and enjoy your stay in our apartments. WARNING: Lifeguard on duty at swimming-pool during the opening hours. There are restrictions in place regarding the use of inflatables and other leisure items in and around the pool. We offer the following types of apartments: studio, studio pool view, one-bedroom apartment, standard two-bedroom apartment, superior two-bedroom apartment. We offer the following types of board-basis: accommodation only, bed & buffet breakfast, or half board plus. The evening meal on the half board plus basis includes half a bottle of house wine, a large draught beer, soft drinks or water. The buffet restaurant "El Amarre" has a terrace with pool-view. Our bar & restaurant "The Red Lion" offers you a wide and carefully selected choice of snacks, food and cocktails. Food to take away. Shows and evening entertainment. The bar & restaurant "The Red Lion" also has a terrece with pool-view. We offer a wide entertainment programme (daytime and evening), run by our International entertainment team. Our Mini Club is available for children who are aged 4 and over. We wish you a very pleasant stay in Puerto de Alcudia!. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Apartamentos Siesta I reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Siesta i Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Apartamentos Siesta i Puerto Alcudia
- Apartamentos Siesta I Majorca, Spain