“Fantstic holiday apartments!”

Apartamentos Siesta I
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have just returned from a 10 night night stay with my partner and my my parents, we booked 2 studio rooms via alpharooms at such a great price, the studios are very large and were spotless and clean, the bathroom was large and the twin beds very comfy, the maid came everyday apart from 1 day and always left the room spotless and left us plenty of towels and loo rolls. I have stayed at the sol de alcudia apartments in alcudia but these were a little better i think. There is a Spar supermarket and also a restaurant and bar which serves decent food and drinks at reasonable prices. The pool area and gardens are great with plenty of sunbeds,and what i liked was that there was a lifeguard on duty overlooking the pool. The staff on reception were always helpful and friendly and can also exchange your cash for you,the rates were better than the exchange bureau,s. Didn,t want to leave and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool seem to have the sun,ours overlooked the entrance and we didnt get much s...
4  Thank halleyHull
ApartamentosSiestaI, Gerente at Apartamentos Siesta I, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you for your comments, we are very happy you and your family enjoyed the Siesta apartments and its facilities. We hope to see you again soon. Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a week with our 6 month old girl and it was perfect for us. As it was baby's first trip abroad we were obviously worried about cleanliness and stuff but when we got there we were very relieved. The apartment we stayed in was spotless and the general hotel itself was very well kept. They provided a travel cot in the room for our wee one, which was just like the one we use at home. Desk staff were friendly and helpful when we needed anything and the waiters in the restaurant and bar were friendly - one of the waiters even brought our wee girls a little plate of strawberries and cream (free) when we were having launch, which was a nice touch (shame she was too wee to eat them but we enjoyed them!). Location wise, it's right at the top of the main street leading down to the beach and next to the lagoon. So it's about a 20 minute walk to the beach - but there's lots of nice restaurants and stuff on the way. There's a shuttle bus that runs from the hotel anyway if you're too lazy to walk :-) Taxi into the old town is about 6 euros - worth a trip. We walked in one day when it was overcast, which took about 50mins - not too bad but coming back wasn't great when it was 32 degrees! Overall, I'd recommend these apartments.

3  Thank trueborndjross

Thank you for your comments and the information you provided, I am sure it will be useful for other clients and we hope you enjoyed your holidays.. Regards

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and 2 year daughter in Sept '12. This was my 2nd time to stay here. I also stayed her around 5 years ago with a friend and her daughter. On both occasions I stayed in a Studio apartment with pool view. The apartment was very clean and spacious and well laid out for a studio. The room was cleaned 6 days out of 7 which was great. The complex itself is situated at the very top of the strip and about a 15 minute walk to the beach but it is easy with lots to see. The port itself is a bit of a distance walking but hope in a taxi for under €5 and you are there in 5 mins. I am not one for the beach but I really like Alcudia beach. The pool is cleaned everyday and the kids pool is really easy for the toddlers. My daughter loved it and was able to go in and out herself while we sat on the beds beside the pool. The bar and food was good. There are lots of restaurants in the area and plenty to do. All in all we really enjoyed our holiday here and thinking of booking it again for next year. The price is excellent and the accommodation and staff are great. So thumbs up for a "cheap and cheerful" get away in the sun.

2  Thank JennyT152

Thank you for your kind comments. We are happy you enjoyed your holidays in Siesta, this is very important to us. We hope and would be very happy to see you again soon. Regards

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We arrived on the 19th September for a weeks stay at 11.30 am and our room was ready. Quick check in process with no problems. The Spanish chap on the desk was really friendly and helpful and spoke good English. In fact all of the staff we came across were plenty and friendly.
The room was spot on for two people and was cleaned everyday except Thursday and Sunday, which it tells you on your leaflet in your room. We were on the sixth floor and had a pool view, which was perfect.
We never had a problem of getting a sunbed at any time of the day, although we only sat round the pool twice, as the beach is too good to ignore. I seen the pool being cleaned when I looked out from our balcony most mornings.
There is tennis and free table tennis available at the hotel and we played table tennis everyday and my son loved it.
I can't comment on the food and entertainment as we stayed self catering and ate out every night.
The walk to beach is a steady ten minutes but if you looked in all the shops it would take you a couple of hours (for women anyway). It is full of restaurants and bars and caters for all food tastes.
My 14 year son loved the Hidropark and it is a worth a day out.
Alcudia is a fantastic place for families and couples and my son wants to go back there next year.
We like to eat somewhere different every night but after we had been to Champions on the 3rd night my son wanted to go there for the rest of the holiday, which we did.
All in all the hotel was perfect for want we wanted and and Alcudia great.
My only gripe was the wifi in the hotel. We paid 15 euros for the week and it only worked in the foyer and sometimes on our balcony. It never worked in our room and although it worked on my Iphone, unbelievably, it did not work on my sons Galaxy S3.

Room Tip: Poolside veiw on the upper floors is great.
1  Thank Paul W

Thank you for your comments, we are happy you and your family enjoyed your holidays. We are trying to fix the problem with Wi-Fi and we hope to see you again soon as I am sure your son would like to return. Regards

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Arrived home yesterday after spending 10 Nights at the Siesta 1 in a Studio apartment, we booked via a well known DIY holiday website at a very reasonable price for 3 Adults.
Our apartment was on the town side of the Hotel which was a blessing in the afternoons as it was nicely shaded with excellent views over Port Alcudia.
Checking in was very swift and easy with polite and helpful reception staff who were always smiling and ready with helpful advice when required for planning trips out etc.
Our apartment was ample for 3 Adults with 2 beds and a pull out bed under the sofa ! a very well equipped kitchenette came in handy for breakfast and coffee in the mornings (Fridge, Microwave, Sink & twin ceramic hob). The apartment was very clean and tidy on arrival with plenty of clean fresh towels in the bathroom which also comes with a hair dryer and Bidet .....
Rooms are cleaned every day apart from Thursday & Saturday, sheets were changed a couple of times during our stay, rooms also have flat screen TV, Telephone & Air Con at no extra charge & there is also a small safe or a extra charge. Beds were comfy and rooms quiet at night so we slept well every night.
We usually arrived at the pool around 10.30 and there was always plenty of spare sunbeds without towels on & the pool was very clean with a life guard on duty at all times. For the beach lovers it's only a 10-15 minute walk away along the strip.
Port Alcudia is a wonderful resort and the Siesta 1 is a great choice for anyone wishing to stay here, it's at the end of a bustling strip and away from the noise at the foot of the hills. There are plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from within a few minutes walk, many have 3 course meals from only 8.50 euros and Chinese buffets available form 6.95 euros for eat as much as you like.... many evening meals only cost us 30 euros for 3 of us including drinks !
I would recommend this Hotel to anyone, there's something for everyone

Room Tip: Avoid the heat and poolside rush of high season and you'll have a great holiday !
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank toms0157

Thank you for your kind comments and for giving so much information for everyone who visits this page, I am sure they will find the information very useful and we hope to see you again soon. Regards

Reviewed September 25, 2012

just returnd form our stay at these apartments on the 22nd of september. we arrived at 11 pm and was greeted by a very friendly night porter who when we phoned the reception and told him the electicite was not working he was at our room in with in minutes [ thank you ] our room was a studyo apartment and was cleand and fresh towels everyday and bed was maid to [ thank you ladies] our view from our balconey was what we requsted and the walk to the beach was about 10 to 15 minute and very pleasent but there is a free bus from the hotel. you can hire a safe deposit box for 3€ a day + 10€ deposit which we found very cheap as the safe was in your room.over all what a fantastic holiday already looking to book for next year well done siesta keep up the great work thank you.

Room Tip: allways ask for a pool or back view as the mountains are fantastic. for evening meals try the tivoly...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brian e

Thank you for your comments and good wishes. We are happy you enjoyed your holidays and we hope to see you again soon. Regards

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Arrived at this hotel on the 9th september after an 8hour journey only to be told by the receptionist that they were overbooked and did not have a room for us! She was an english woman very abrupt and wasnt interested at all in my complaints. She called us a taxi and sent us packing to The Sol Alcudia Center. Must say that she did us a favour because this was a much better hotel and in a better location. Thanks siesta, will not be booking with you again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We are sorry you experienced overbooking and apologise for the bad service you received from the staff, we do hope despite this you were able to enjoy your holidays. Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'Alcudia
Sol Alcudia Center by Melia Apartamentos
#1 of 3 in Calas de Majorca
Iberostar Ciudad Blanca
Iberostar Ciudad Blanca
#8 of 50 in Port d'Alcudia

Been to Apartamentos Siesta I? Share your experiences!