“Very Happy Holiday”

Apartamentos Siesta I
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My partner and I have just got back from a week holiday at this hotel. We were very happy with our stay there. Our room was very spacious and all we needed for self-catering, the staff were very helpful and the check-in process was quick and simple. We hired a safe in the room which was 3€ a day + 10€ deposit, it was perfect to store any items such as boarding passes, electronics and jewellery. We had a lovely view of the pool from our balcony (although slightly obscured by a tree), the pool was lovely with plenty of room to sit around and it never felt cramped, there was also not that many people that got up early to reserve sunbeds so we always managed to get a couple any time of day.

The hotel is right on a strip of shops and restaurants so finding somewhere to eat or have a drink was never a problem, although there is the Red Lion in the hotel that wasn't too badly price but if you wanted better value/quality it was never hard to find. There is a small Spar shop under the hotel which was handy to buy odd bits of shopping such as bread, sandwich fillers and water. The walk to the beach took around 10 minutes, which was well worth the walk as the beach was beautiful, the hotel also offered a minibus service to and from the beach at certain times of the day, although we never used it.

My only criticisms are that the maid's cleaning was at best mediocre and sometimes hard to even notice that they had been, although this was not too much of a problem as we spent most of our time out. Another point is the entertainment, we happened to see it a few nights, whilst mostly aimed at children it was very poor at times. Although my parents stayed the other side of the island a few weeks before and said the entertainment was pretty similar with a few of the same acts, so maybe it's more of a fault to Majorca's entertainment.

On the whole, we were very please with our stay at Siesta I, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a bit of a bargain hotel as it was fantastic value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ApartamentosSiestaI, Gerente at Apartamentos Siesta I, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you for your comments and we are sorry if you were inconvienced having to explain in great detail your stay with us in Siesta 1, we hope to see you again soon. Regards

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Me and my husband have just returned from a week in these appartments. We have no complaints whatsoever. The rooms were cleaned 5 out of the 7 days we were there and there was always 3 spare toilet rolls left in the bathroom. The breakfast was second to none with plenty of choice, eg cereals full english breakfast and so on so no complaints at all there. The pool was cleaned every morning, plenty of sunbeds available, there was a few people up with the larks putting on their towels. The hotel staff were always polite and pleasant so all in all we had a great time and we would not hesitate to return for another stay.

1  Thank karen h

Thank you for your comments, we are happy you enjoyed your holidays and we hope to see you again soon. Regards

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I travelled to the siesta apartments withmy husband, 3 children and grandaughter.
On arrinving at the siesta,around 11 am,we was told that our room was not ready and would have to wait around 1 hour 30mins.Not the best start! The receptionist seemed abrupt andrude throughout our stay (english speaking lady)
The apartment was lovely, w.ith a small kitchen.
Now where to start.............

Sunbeds- you had to be downstairs for around 6.45 am to join the que for the great sunbed run which started around 7 am when the gates where unlocked.
I did notice there where quite a few broken beds. Pool was cleaned daily.

Food- Repetitive and boring.I can not believe that no one has mentioned how tiny the buffet area is. I could not fault the waiters as they worked very hard.

Entertainment -Wow thease guys work so hard to try and keep every one entertained-My son loved it.

Location- Amazing, close to all the shops and a beach at the end of the road. The Spar shop next door is dear so we went to the Eroski whis is a 15 min walk.

I would not visit this hotel again. I have never given a negative review but we all go away to sunbathe (brokenbeds) and enjoy the food (tiny buffett and disappionting).

Room Tip: Take an alarm clock if you want a sunbed!
4  Thank fashionaddict2

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry the Siesta apartments were not what you were expecting and will do our best to improve things. Regards

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Myself and boyfriend went to stay in the hotel for one week- September . Soon as we arrived first impressions were good. The check in process was quick and friendly reception staff. Our apartment was spacious and very clean. There is a safe available to rent for little money. The view on to the street is nice and maids cleaned daily issuing fresh towels. The beds were comfy too which I didn't expect. The kitchen had everything you need excpet from a grill but we ate out everyday as it was just as cheap to. Air conditioning is great you can leave it on whilst you go out and has a remote. It's basic but when you book a last min deal it was all I expected. I got up at 8:30am on the first day to see if there was any free sunbeds, when I got to the pool area there was hardly any towels on the beds. The best place for the sunshine all day is on the side that is nearest to the restaurant. Somedays we went to the pool at 10am to still find a number of sunbeds available. As a young couple we found that this was a family hotel but if you don't mind kids then it's great for couples too. When you are trying to sunbathe you do get the animation team coming up to your subbed e en when you are reading or snoozing asking you to answer questions or play games, as we were on holiday and didn't want to participate we would dip in the pool. The pool was cleaned daily and cold but nice when you are boiling hot. The weather was 28-37 degrees with a nice breeze. Lilos are not allowed but rubber rings are.
We only ate once at the red lion bar as we found restaurants/bars close by that were cheaper and of a higher quality of food. The spa shop is handy which is situated under the hotel.
It's location is 3-5 min walk to the start of the strip with plenty of restaurants and bars. Would recommend a taxi ride to the port marina (6 euros) each way which wasn't a bad price. The hotel will call you a taxi. The marina is lovely and has a wide range of shops/bars/restaurants to go to. I would also recommend a walk to the beach as it was beautiful and the sea was warm.
If you are looking for some more lively bars there is three or four to your left as you walk over the bridge on the strip. A bit further on there is a linikers bar to your left. There is something for everyone. Prices for drinks wasn't bad at all. Most places we went to were €4 euros for a pint and a half. Food was also quite cheap to eat out. The hotel provides you with a shower service before your transfer back to the airport.
Overall, great holiday to relax and have something to do. Would recommend to all types of people.

Room Tip: We had a view of the street which wasn't bad as you could see to the sea.
2  Thank Holidaylover100100

Thank you for your comments and recommendations, we are happy you enjoyed your stay in Siesta 1 and thank you for all the information you provided. Regards

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I travelled to the Siesta in August with my husband and 3 children aged 13, 9 and 6. First impressions were ok, although I thought the recetion area was very dark when you first walked in.I soon had the key to our room on the first floor right on top of the red Lion pub and couldn't sleep because of the loud music every night, although this did stop at 12.00am. Upon inspection of our room it soon became obvious that it hadn't been cleaned properly. We pulled the two single beds out and hair clips and toys fell out from previous guests. There were dead ants and other creatures left in the lighting fitments and there was an ants nest in our room. The plates were still dirty and the wardrobe door in one of the bedrooms was broken. The chest of drawers were broken and the other wardrobe in the double room had no doors on it at all! The two weeks we were there the cleaner came in and emptied the bins and on one occasion left new loo roll. The room was never cleaned once in two weeks and the beds were never changed ever! We were left 3 clean sheets on one occasion and the beds were made for us only twice in the whole of our stay. We were utterly disgusted. The rooms need ripping out and modernising. When I requested 4 extra blankets the miad said we don't have four, only two!!! Ihad a good giggle and walked away. I did not go on holiday to complain, but at least by writing this review it will give you an honest opinion and you can make your own mind up. This is supposed to be a 3 star, but by comparing it to a 3 star that was on the beach there was no comparison, so take my advise if you have a little bit more cash to splash it's worth it to have a good holiday. The beds were also rock hard and my husband was crippled by the end of the two weeks. We did consider moving but because we had paid for half board and the food was quite good we decided to stay. The waiters and all bar staff are great, polite and very helpful. If you want a sun bed better be prepared to get up a 6am to get one. The hotel needs to do something about it's arrangements for the beds, as iv'e never seen anything like it and to be honest I have never understood why people put towells on and don't come back until lunch time. It's totally unfair on other guests and as my eldest son is disabled it made our lives miserable if you want to have a couple of hours around the pool and nowhere to lie down. The weather was hot and our room did have air con which was at least one good thing! All in all a good holiday but would never return to Siesta one due to dirty rooms, the worst housekeeping I have ever encountered. We had to ask most times for loo roll and one one occasion when I asked for clean towells the maid shook her head and tutted at me! Take my advise and go else where!

Room Tip: Book another hotel!!!!
1  Thank Debbie O

Thank you for your comments. Normally we do not have these problems with the rooms, we are sorry things were not perfect for you and your family. Regards

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My partner, teenage son and myself stayed here for just over a week and came home 5th Sept '12 and have not one bad word to say about it! I can usually pick something on a holiday which i could if i was miserable complain about but this one no! We stayed in a studio overlooking the pool. The room was spacious although if i had any other children i would opt for a bigger apartment. Two small children in the room would be fine. But we didnt go on holiday to sit in our room. The pool was huge but a little cold. But you do get used to it unless i was just numb. We cant comment on the entertainment in the evenings as theres so many family bars in the area. The childrens entertainers were great as they also sometimes wandered around the pool trying to entertain the adults with games/tasks to try and win a free cocktail etc. And sometimes just stopped for a chat which was nice. I never came across any rude staff and thought the maids were lovely and honest. Rooms are cleaned 5 days a week. The days they arnt are i think Thursday and Sunday. Our room was spotless. A high shelf in the wardrobe was a little dusty but im not going to bang on about that. The beach is about 15min walk but the road to the beach is full of lovely shops so the walk is quite nice although it does take you longer to get there when your popping in and out of shops. We stayed self catering which we were glad about as the area is full of places to eat! Never had one bad meal and all very reasonably priced. In an evening we went down to Champions Bar which is on the main road about 3 - 4 mins walk from hotel. Entertained by the lovely Dave and Sheila everynight (in season) with bingo and quizes where the kids can join in. Always a sing along too. We thought a little like Phoenix nights Phoenix club which gave us a giggle. We did find in a morning at the hotel that there was towels on the sun loungers before 8am. But as we didnt have small children to keep our eye on we were not that bothered about lying 1 meter away from the pool. The were plenty of lougers available. I think in the middle of peak season loungers could be difficult to find if your wanting one about 10am. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Even if your not traveling with children its great. The pool is big enough without being jumped on by kids. I found the kids at the hotel were very well behaved and not running around the hotel like raving idiots. I do think the entertainment team did keep them occupied though. Its not a noisy hotel at all. We were on the 2nd floor and found it very quiet. I expected mozzies to come flying in my room of an evening being so low over the pool but not one. And mozzies usually love me! I am someone who like to try different places and not the same place twice although i would seriously look at coming back here. Such a relaxed stress free holiday we didnt want to come home. We couldnt ask for more!! Thanks Siesta

5  Thank catherined78

Thank you very much for your comments, your words are very kind and we are happy you enjoyed your holidays so much with us and although you do not usually repeat a holiday we hope one day soon you will return. Regards

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had a 2 bed and a 1 bed apartment as traveled with son and family,..The 1 bed apartment wasnt ready when we arrived at 12.30 pm so had to wait until 2pm for it to be cleaned...well beds made..the maids we had didnt change our sheets and only cleaned the bathroom during the week stay. We did a half board...food was very mixed...always pizza...chips availible if anyone wanted it,...a lot of the food was cold, we ate most of the time ok......pool was great...older children running up and down the floors pushing the door buzzers at 11pm at night....Reception was helpful but rep was a waste of time ..Thomas Cook...generally a good holiday, apart from a few things.

1  Thank woowoo60

Thank you for your comments. Even though you were inconvienced we are happy you enjoyed your holidays. Regards