My partner and I have just got back from a week holiday at this hotel. We were very happy with our stay there. Our room was very spacious and all we needed for self-catering, the staff were very helpful and the check-in process was quick and simple. We hired a safe in the room which was 3€ a day + 10€ deposit, it was perfect to store any items such as boarding passes, electronics and jewellery. We had a lovely view of the pool from our balcony (although slightly obscured by a tree), the pool was lovely with plenty of room to sit around and it never felt cramped, there was also not that many people that got up early to reserve sunbeds so we always managed to get a couple any time of day.
The hotel is right on a strip of shops and restaurants so finding somewhere to eat or have a drink was never a problem, although there is the Red Lion in the hotel that wasn't too badly price but if you wanted better value/quality it was never hard to find. There is a small Spar shop under the hotel which was handy to buy odd bits of shopping such as bread, sandwich fillers and water. The walk to the beach took around 10 minutes, which was well worth the walk as the beach was beautiful, the hotel also offered a minibus service to and from the beach at certain times of the day, although we never used it.
My only criticisms are that the maid's cleaning was at best mediocre and sometimes hard to even notice that they had been, although this was not too much of a problem as we spent most of our time out. Another point is the entertainment, we happened to see it a few nights, whilst mostly aimed at children it was very poor at times. Although my parents stayed the other side of the island a few weeks before and said the entertainment was pretty similar with a few of the same acts, so maybe it's more of a fault to Majorca's entertainment.
On the whole, we were very please with our stay at Siesta I, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a bit of a bargain hotel as it was fantastic value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a family friendly apartment complex located near the historic city of Alcudia (bus stop 3 minutes away from the apartments) and the Albufera Natural Park (3 km), the location of Apartamentos Siesta I is ideal for guests looking for a good accommodation base to practice all types of sports (such as Nordic Walking, Trekking, Hiking & Walking, Cycling, etc), or for those who are seeking sightseeing opportunities in the North of the Majorca (Alcudia and Pollensa towns, Pollentia Roman Ruins, Sa Bassa Blanca museum and art gallery, etc) or just for some relaxing days in the sun. Surrounded by gardens with a lovely lagoon-shaped swimming-pool, tennis court, multi-sports court, children's play area, The Red Lion bar & restaurant, El Amarre buffet restaurant and a supermarket on the premises (all open in high season), we invite you to relax, unwind and enjoy your stay in our apartments. WARNING: Lifeguard on duty at swimming-pool during the opening hours. There are restrictions in place regarding the use of inflatables and other leisure items in and around the pool. We offer the following types of apartments: studio, studio pool view, one-bedroom apartment, standard two-bedroom apartment, superior two-bedroom apartment. We offer the following types of board-basis: accommodation only, bed & buffet breakfast, or half board plus. The evening meal on the half board plus basis includes half a bottle of house wine, a large draught beer, soft drinks or water. The buffet restaurant "El Amarre" has a terrace with pool-view. Our bar & restaurant "The Red Lion" offers you a wide and carefully selected choice of snacks, food and cocktails. Food to take away. Shows and evening entertainment. The bar & restaurant "The Red Lion" also has a terrece with pool-view. We offer a wide entertainment programme (daytime and evening), run by our International entertainment team. Our Mini Club is available for children who are aged 4 and over. We wish you a very pleasant stay in Puerto de Alcudia!. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apartamentos Siesta I reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Siesta i Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Apartamentos Siesta i Puerto Alcudia
- Apartamentos Siesta I Majorca, Spain