“Jeremy Kyle meets shameless, STAY AWAY... you have been warned !!”
Review of BelleVue Club

BelleVue Club
Ranked #46 of 50 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This place is a dump. Everything I state I can back up with photographic evidence. This is hell on Earth as I know many others who we spoke to will agree. Stay away spend your money on lottery tickets or get your face tattood your enjoy that more than staying here !!!
The place smells of sewage which was really pleasent when you walk out of the breakfast hall to be greated by a sludge gulper sucking up the drains..
we were a party of 4, the room contained 2 beds. When we complained they said "were send someone over" about 2 hours later a cleaner arrived and threw in a sheet and mumbled something then left. We spoke to the rep called Steph about it she said its for the sofa bed, I told her we didnt have a sofa bed but she told us she would get it sorted... she never did. This was day 1. i suppose we were lucky as some people arrived at midnight only to be told their rooms wouldnt be available until the occupants had checked out at 3 the next afternoon. Room service was supposed to be 3 times a week. We asked Steph if we could get some fresh towels as our 9 daughter had been ill she said she would get it sorted... she never did. The maids came in on the monday we had been there since Thursday made the beds then left. "What about the towels?" I questioned "oh another company deals with that" was the reply. They never returned.
The pool is supposed to closed from 6pm. There were people in it all hours of the night. I even witnessed a local exercising his dog in it. Our window wouldnt lock so we carried everything of value with us all the time. It will cost you 25 euros a week for the safe, non refundable. No air con and as we couldnt open the windows to get some ventilation as the noise from the pool was relentless through the night we suffered from lack of sleep, even opening the curtains was dangerous as the kids would shine their laser pens into the room. someone took a dump on the toilet floor in the main bar area, wd told the bar staff who simply said "the cleaners have gone home!". All inclusive was very poor,as was the food quality, dont do it. The staff have had a 30% pay cut... what kind of service do you think you will be getting ?? There were no snacks available in the bars unless you paid for them. My daughter used her hair dryer and when she removed the plug the whole socket came out the wall. I agained complained but the guy in the reception said "ive got 5000 complaints to deal with here then threw a stack of fliers across the office !!" Steph was good though she said she would get it sorted... she never did. I could go on as this is just a minor sample of what we and many others families endured. As a result I am now trying to get my money back from Thomas Cook as I intend to sue them. The place was filth. The rooms were dangerous, the whole experience was degrading. If you value your family do not put them through this dreadful experience.

1  Thank Warren F

Reviewed August 17, 2013

we read the reviews and booked anyway, our expectations weren't too high but as we now have to pay for 4 adults holidays are very expensive, ..the apartment was spacious and clean with fresh towels 3 times in a week and linen change twice, with 8 pools if you didn't like one you could move, the food was varied and fresh,if there was something we didn't like we left it and chose something else, the burgers, chips and hot dogs round the pool we're great, now the down side, yes there were queue but think that comes with all inclusive's just learn to avoid peak times, not enough bins especially by the pools, not enough beds round the pool but lots of nice grassy area to use, great for families, never got bit but did go armed.(this is a must)

Room Tip: avoid peaks meal times, use the beer tap in the dining room if you are watching the show outside to...
1  Thank Paula R
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We booked for 10 days & was worried about the negative reviews but thought we make our own mind. We upgraded to "Bellevue Club Extra we flew out on 29th July for 10 nights. First night we arrived we stayed in serena 1 which was all newly refurbished. there was a ceiling fan in the room, but that was of little use & we still had hire a another fan for 13€. We had choice of 2 "all inclusive restaurants. We tried the main one first & was like a cattle market, queuing for over 40 mins for food. The second one located in Leda 2 block of apartments was better & a lot quieter. Although the food was average at best. Sun beds where a joke, you had to put your towel out at 7Am just to secure a sun bed. first day we didn't realise and ended up sitting on the grass which was okay but I thought if you can't beat them join them so I ended up doing what everybody else did.. Alcudia is a lovely place but will not return to this hotel for the simple fact that there is no air con & is a real issue in 40c heat.. Yes you get what you pay for with this hotel.. Will not go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Louise B
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Just returned from Alcudia staying at the Bellevue, self catering. I wouldn't stay all inclusive as there are many, many restaurants and eateries very nearby reasonably priced.
The complex is set out with over 10 apartment blocks and eight pools. Because it's so spread out, no one place is ever overcrowded. Shops on site, snack bars, tennis courts, crazy golf, go karting etc....
There is a huge lake and river surrounding the complex so you can also fish (rods available in the shops).
I could go on and on about this place as there is so much to do.........something for everyone!
We only stayed a week, I'm glad. Two weeks would have been too boring.
The only downside for us was the bathroom in our room. The rooms in general are very dated, clean bedding tho! The bathroom was vile.....cracked tiles, gaps in ceiling tiles and generally grubby........ However the beds and living area was clean and we had a lovely view from our balcony over the lake at the back of the block Minerva.
No air conditioning in any of the rooms but you can hire fans.....
Easy walking distance into Alcudia beach, which is gorgeous and plenty of shopping to do for those of us who want to cool down during the day.

2  Thank alidavid
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We found everything was ok. Food a bit basic but enough choice. Plenty of pools. Good entertainment at night. Kids loved it. Rooms basic but all you need if you were all inclusive.
Downside we did see rats but you are near a large lake. We did not see a jet 2 rep the whole time were there. Lucky lucky men everywhere. A lot was not part of the package ie ice creams etc.
On the whole we had a brilliant time due to the people we were with and i would go back. It is what you make it.
Its in a good spot near to all the shops and not far from the beach. The boat over the lake is not free either as advertised. €3 return.

1  Thank Caz C
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Just returned from Bellevue club all inclusive,don't know where to start!!!!! Rooms dated, basic,and dirty. Maid service every 3 days!!!!! Strong smells of raw sewage every night and even INSIDE restaurant on one occasion!!!!! Staff very unfriendly at most pool bars/restaurant. Had to eat/drink outside hotel as wasn't prepared to queue up for 1/2 hour every evening to be served by a grumpy member of staff. So ended up spending much more money than budgeted for.Pools were dirty,no air con in rooms,very noisy all night as people coming and going 24/7. Food quality very average and poor choice. Alcudia beach very nice and resort OK just a very poor hotel!!!!!! Don't bother staying at this dump.

5  Thank SurreyTravelbug1
Reviewed August 17, 2013

AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL PLACE!!!
I my digress during this review but I feel I have to put everything down as honest as I possibly can.
The main photo used for most of the holiday websites must be about 10 years old and is no resemblance really to the complex itself.
I travelled here with my husband and 2 kids - son aged 5 and daughter aged 10.
We paid for all inclusive and it wasnt cheap! But we also spent another £600 taking the kids out and trying to make the best of the holiday for us - the adults!
The reception upon arrival was lovely although we had to queue for 30mins to check in - the 1st of many queues we encountered. We arrived into our "Block" husband called it "Cell Block H" and were greeted with a sweltering 100 degree + Apartment - outdated and shabby and only 3 beds - the kids would be in the bedroom and we would have the lounge area however the current scenario meant my husband and I would be at opposite ends of the apartment with (ideal for some lol) the kitchen was small and grotty but we only used that to boil a kettle for coffee and the fridge was damaged and had no side rails for storing milk, the bathroom was shabby, the marble sink was inches away from the toilet and we had a few near misses with the kids getting off the toilet coming within millimeters of banging their heads !!!! The bedroom had 1 wardrobe and my husband resorted to hanging his shirts and shorts on the light above the dining room table as space was ridiculously limited. We had a TV balanced dangerously on top of a shelving unit which did not work (no power) and even if we wanted to watch it we would have had to pay another €10 for a remote control! The beds themselves were so old the mattresses were approx 2 inches thick. I marched off to reception and had a little moan, and after telling me to keep my voice down I was told the 4th bed was actually the sofa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I refused this and demanded I get another bed put in the room (a camp bed was delivered 30 minutes later much to my horror and the kids eventually had those beds!) - We also had to lay out over €100 for 2 fans and the safe key! so not a great start.
We stayed in LEDA II (a dump) which was linked with LEDA I and LEDA III and shared the main pool. The fighting for sunbeds commenced at 6am and it was a struggle to find unbroken and good conditioned beds - there are no parasols - you have to buy them at €8 a pop (joke) The pool was pretty dirty and the surrounding pool area was washed down only twice in the 10 days we were there! the small kids pool was closed for 2 days because someone poo'd in it and the baby was closed for a day because a baby cut her foot on a loose tile!
The lifts could only be used if you had your room swipe card and very rarely worked - so I was not happy about going up and down the 8 floors to get to and from our room - nor were the kids laden with lilo's and inflatable crocodiles lol, also the lifts safety certificates had expired back in May. I did speak to reception about this and they said it was fine, I said it wasnt fine and would be writing to the hotel manager directly about this - 2 nights we travelled up to our room in complete darkness and the lights were not working in the lift.
The kids club area was located in the Show garden which was a good 10 minute walk which had to be got to over a river, I daren't let my son walk there on his own and only let my daughter go there twice as it was so far away.
The restaurant was also located in this area and was set out canteen style so queueing again was the only option! sometimes up to 20 minutes! the food was pretty average and that too was like a military manouvre - I would arrive, cut on the middle with my son and work my way in the opposite direction just so he could be sat down and fed straight away we would worry about ourselves after! the other option which I took was to have paella every night as it was located away from the main eating area. If you were lucky (and I use that in the losest term) enough to go with Thomas cook or Jet2 then you had your own restaurant to eat in and had the option of eating one night free of charge in the pay restaurant "Black and White" onsite - we met a lovely family and decided to join them on their last night in here but we had to pay! My god I wish we never bothered - the service was terrible, 2 waiters and 2 non english speaking plate clearers! When we tried to book this intitally the member of staff on duty told us we could not book as they already had 23 guests booked in for dinner!!!!! When I reminded her the restaurant had enough tables and chairs for approx 150 people AND they advertised outside for passing trade she had to call her manager to get permission to book us in to sit with them!
The evening entertainment was located in the show garden and was quite good! although again it was a race for a table (even though it held approx 2000 people). And catering for that many people the complex had 2 "all inclusive" bars and 1 "pay" bar - the all inclusive bars (catering for approx 85% of the guests) had a total of 4 people serving meaning it could take up to 25 minutes to get a drink - my husband would get in line, I would grab a table, call my daughter over when he as got within 4 before the front of the queue and I then joined him as it was "3 drinks" per person and they were very strict on this rule.
My father joined us 3 days later to spend a week with us and opted for a studio apartment - if you are going all inclusive and HAVE to go here then opt for this room, it had 4 beds with - what I call - proper hotel mattresses a wardrobe to fit enough clothes for 10 people, a ceiling fan a flat screen TV and a fridge and kettle! I wish now we had gone for this option instead of the apartment in Cell Block H.
A local tour bus use to pass through our complex and my husband mentioned they were probably visiting the slums to view how not to have a holiday and to make them feel how lucky there were not to staying at Bellevue!
And as for room service well I cant even comment - in the days days we were there we had 3 lots of fresh towels, although we had to trundle off to reception twice as the maid had taken our old towels and not replaced them! I lost an earring in my daughters bed on day 2 as I was play fighting with my son, on day 8 my daughter was jumping on her bed and hiding from my son and found my earring at the bottom of her bed so we now know that the sheets were not changed at all!!!!!
Now apart from being grotty and outdated and just horrible and I am not being a snob here but what parents throw dirty nappies down by the side of the restaurant doors and leave dirty nappies by the side of sunloungers round the pool - Bellevue parents thats who! there was a domestic fight in our block one night - Guy hit his wife then headbutted his father in law before proceeding to smash every fire extinguisher off the corridor walls, there were half eaten plates of food left laying around the pool area and broken plastic cups floating in the pool.........the local police were seen driving round the complex everynight which didnt make me feel any easier - It simply reminded me of a skummy council estate somewhere!
ONE PLUS...........The animation team I must say though did a sterling job, they work their nuts off and the kids loved them - their visit to our pool was the highlight of the day with aqua Gym and club dancing in the pool.
Overall we had a pretty appauling holiday (I would use stronger language if I could get away with it) The set up is awful, the place is outdated, the facilities were bad bad bad! The place is too big to cater for that many people to be an enjoyable holiday.....It has put me off Majorca big time I actually started to hate Alcudia by the end of the holiday! and I would certainly not set foot anywhere near the resort again......We kept this to ourselves as the kids had a wonderful time but then they are kids they dont see the long queues and the lack of air con, the crappy beds and the dirtiness - DO NOT GO THERE!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay in LEDA!!!!! stay away - Serena I or II ideal if you are a family of 4 staying all inclu...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'Alcudia
Sol Alcudia Center by Melia Apartamentos
#8 of 50 in Port d'Alcudia
BelleVue Lagomonte
BelleVue Lagomonte
#23 of 50 in Port d'Alcudia

Been to BelleVue Club? Share your experiences!