“Horrendous”

Ranked #46 of 49 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Preston, United Kingdom
“Horrendous”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

we stayed at the end of april/beginning of may for a week. we had a terrible time, the food was horrendous and to top it all off, at the end of the holiday, my wife and i had left our money in the room accidentally and had nothing to buy anything with. we rang the hotel as soon as we got back and they said that the cleaner hadn't reported anything back to reception. bearing in mind it was over €200 left in my packet and sterling left in her purse. we ended up exchanging emails as it was harder to understand over the phone. after arguing with the hotel and having to send id and proof of our stay at the hotel, and the room. they were able to narrow the cleaner down and then we found out that the cleaner had quit the following week. they weren't willing to send over a refund as they didn't feel it was secure so i had to fork out for another 3 day trip to go to the hotel JUST to get my €200 euros back and ended up slipping and breaking my ankle because the floor was wet with no wet floor sign. overall disgraceful. never ever again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
13 Thank natalie h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,818)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I see there are mixed reviews but the bad one r the ones to believe we stayed as a family for 4 with 2 small children arrived at reception after a long drive to be given a name an room number luckily we bumped into some people on the way an they showed us the way. The room was clean no sign of bugs we were above the snack bar an pool so was noisy thought the day only sat round the pool once was too busy everyone round that pool cos of the snack bar. The food at the snack bar wasn't too bad a few flys around it although the drink machine was a different thing full of wasps my partner got our daughter a drink and struggled to get it without been stung then a wasp came out straight into her drink didn't use it again. Food buffet was terrible our kids didn't eat much neither did we, we ended up eating out when we was all inclusive ques were ridiculous no matter where u was. Went to watch the entertainment which was good kids enjoyed it could only get 3 small drinks per person an there was 4 of us so we had to take it in turns to stand in the long ques. On a good note the beach was amazing spent most of our time there would go again just not to Bellevue

Room Tip: Don't bother choose a different apartment
Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank Wendy P

Travelers are raving about these Port d'Alcudia hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed here in october, it is,nt that good. We stayed in Diana 1 block, its just too big a place too have anything really going for it. On arrival we checked in were given a map and were dismissed. I asked too hire the room safe and was directed too another que at the other end of reception again dismissed. Finally got the safe key and the treck began. We passed several same people doing the same thing as us going round in circles with bags and some with tired children. Not a great start due too the 90 min transfer !. We found our block, the room was not great tired and dated. But my worry was the electrics, you had too "play" with the light switches to get a light on, i mean every light switch !. The toilet was actually loose from the floor, and the shower was hot/cold due too the pressure fluctuating, this was any time of day not just peak times. We stayed self catering but had a walk over too the all-inc bar too see what it was like, big ques. The morning we were leaving our coach was due at 6.40. we arrived 10 mins early there was a coach in but we were not on that list. Another coach arrived, not on his list either. Then another and another. We waited 40 mins, i asked the guy behind the reception desk if he could call the transfer company for us and he said no. I rang them from my mobile (not cheap) i was passed around and promised the coach would be there in 15 mins. 25mins later i had too call them back, we now had been in reception for about an hour and a quarter. This time they said i should just get a taxi as the coach driver was not picking up his phone!. I got us a taxi rather than ask the unhelpful reception staff. We did get refunded the taxi fare as i got a recipt from our tour operator, but what if we had not had the 70 euros ?. All in all this was our second visit to alcudia last year, yeah this trip was really cheap and last miniute. However it was,nt that good at this "hotel" and you wolud hope that if you need help they would provide it. This reception staff did not. Would we go back ?, no way.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank luckyian
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2013

If you have booked to go here get your money back

if you paid me to go back i would say no
hell on earth wworst holiday ever
went here in sept with gf and well it rained not hotel fault
but water leaking into plug holes getting a drink from a bar which had water leaking everywhere
queing hours on end for food.not a place for anybody

staff terrible
food awful

we had to eat out most nights it was that bad
pool no sunbeds and over packed

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank jason s
Bourne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Doesnt deserve a thing. Them or their head office. We arrived around midnight. First room we were sent to was filthy. Hadn't been cleaned from the last visitors. Called reception. Come down and get key for new room. That room was okay. Missing a door into bedroom but nice view quiet block. We went in October. Things were wonderful for 2 days. We were self-catering so went to lidl spent 75.00 euros on food for 7 days. On the saturday day 3 it stormed and rained like the clappers. At 800 pm our daughter in the bath the ceiling in the bathroom caved in and flooded. Called reception sent maintenence guy and his english speaking mate. Change rooms was their reply. Walked down to reception. Told woman. No apology nothing. I had told her this was our third move in 3 days she looked at me and said "so". She gave us a new room in a new building. Asked if anybody could help us move as cases and food. She said "No". During the move our bags with food in split open and food went everywhere. Go into new room and that room was medeocre. No bed under sofa so son had to sleep on sofa and bathroom smelt of mold. Went to reception in the morning to hand in cards for old room and told them what had happened and they said "so, go to lidl and get more". We popped into spar to get a few bits to cook for lunch before we ventured to get more food. Bought some food and took it up to the room to find out cooker was broken. Told reception they said "eat out". This is the last week in october so everything is closed or closing!!!!
Got home and emailed their head office. Took 3 weeks to hear from them sent a letter of complaint and heard nothing. sent a copy of emails and letter NOTHING!!!. This holiday was supposed to be a special holiday as I had just come out of hospital with some emergency surgery. NEVER EVER AGAIN. We love Alcudia but never ever. Their customer services is despicable. My daughter was 6 when that ceiling collapsed only a couple of feet away from her!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
13 Thank Samantha H
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed here in October. Ive actually stayed there before in the summer with my grandaughter 2 years ago and it was ok for the price paid then so I booked again with my husband. Id seen the reviews and ignored the bad ones as it wasn't how I remembered it.

First the good things: Check in was quick and easy. Some of the pools are lovely and apartments are basic but ours was clean and adequate for the price paid. The resort is great, the beach is stunning and safe to swim in, great for families. The entertainment wasn't bad for the 3 nights it was outside. Once it went inside because of some rain the venue turned into a hell hole with no tables unless you brought them in yourself the first night, then it became packed every night, noisy, sticky tables, rubbish everywhere and everyone shouting over each other.
The drinks are good enough for all-inclusive. The snacks in the daytime were OK, if the same everyday.
I did see one rat but hay its a canal and they are water rats not the vermin type - still made me run away as I have a phobia.

But - The restaurant is revolting. You queue and queue for everything. The food was cold & at times disgusting. I went with an open mind after reading reviews thinking it would be the same as my previous visit and that it was the usual thing of people not liking Spanish food - its not that ! At breakfast the bacon was fatty, hard and stuck to the tray, the sausages were edible, the tomatoes were pickled - there were eggs at breakfast twice in a week. We didn't get beans but there were peas there - at breakfast and some people ate them because they were hungry!
Dinner and lunch were mainly revolting.
The meat was never labelled properly - I picked up a piece of chicken and found I had a PIGS FOOT on my plate. Another time I was eating meat, then was told it was Rabbit - something I have avoided eating all my life as to me its like eating a cat.
One day there were sardines downstairs, we were eating upstairs but I went down to get one thinking it would at least be ok with some bread - I shouldnt have bothered, it was dry, no oil or dressing, overcooked and tasted the same as everything else, of cabbage. ( yet we didn't get cabbage, strange )
There was hardly any cooked veg at dinner or lunch - but you could find broccolli & cauliflower on the salad bar, cold, hard and covered in flies.
The sweets looked gorgeous - until you realised that they were all the same tasteless cake decorated in different colours - quite normal in Spanish hotels - but you usually get a choice of a hot sweet, not there.
I put it down to the fact that it seems they are using cheap labour in the kitchens - not trained - people who don't speak English or Spanish, don't look you in the face at all and have no idea at all of what we eat and how we eat it.
There is so much waste its unbelieveable.

The place is full of mosquitoes and the guests are covered in massive lumps from the bites.

The cafes outside the complex are very busy - full of people wearing BelleVue wristbands and choosing to pay again for their food. The locals call it Hell View!
We went into Alcudia for Chinese meal a couple of times when the food we had already paid for had been too bad to eat.

I think they would benefit from running the restaurant as a sort of carvery - simplify the menu but serve clearly labelled proper food that people will actually eat. I'm sure it wouldn't cost them more as there would be so much less wasted food. They would get better reviews and could maybe put the price up slightly.

I did think itt may have been worse because it was end of season - using up any food left over or something, but earlier reviews are saying the same at any time of the season.

Its not all the hotels fault, they just need to rethink the catering and serve less choice but better food. Most of what you pay is for flights. the hotel gets very little per person for all inclusive. I'd rather pay more and be happy, not hungry !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Samalfie
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was fooled by the good reviews but seriously it is a disgrace and I have slumbed it in my younger days, I have children now, and I don't wish this hotel on anyone. Doesn't matter how much you pay you expect things to be clean and this hotel was certainly not that. Dirty rooms, dirty bedding, dirty floors, and I mean minging. Loads of rats on the lake you could see in the evening, poo in the swimming pool. After returns to my room in the evening the floor and all the kitchen tops where over run with ants I had no phone to call reception had to use a family members room to phone, they couldn't do anything till next day cause cleaners cupboard was locked. The kids where not happy, i had to buy my own spray, still didn't keep them away. There was no wardrobe space or drawers had to hang things around the windows and doors. Food was ok but lots of queuing. Staff where run off there feet. Couldn't wit to go home. I know myself when I read reviews people moan over silly things and i would never normally waste my time in writing one but I can't believe this hotel can get away with it it needs knocking down . Believe the reviews it's what it says it is bad.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Maz M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'Alcudia
Sol Alcudia Center Apartamentos
#31 of 49 in Port d'Alcudia
BelleVue Lagomonte
BelleVue Lagomonte
#24 of 49 in Port d'Alcudia

Been to BelleVue Club? Share your experiences!