“dont book”

Ranked #46 of 48 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Shildon, England, United Kingdom
“dont book”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel should be closed down , on check in my family and i had to find out that we could not book into our rooms till after 3 pm. when given our room there is only what i can call excrement on the curtins of the front room as well as the beds and sofa bed . (i have pictures to prove this ) after nearly 2hrs of aruging with staff they moved me this room was fine .we were all inclusive and the food was always cold every day ,not only that but my 13 year old daughter found mould on the pizza she picked up from the kids menu .when we complained the staff just laughed . we were not allowed to eat at any of the other 3 restrants. the pool was cleaned 3 times in 12 days and around the sun beds every 4 days. we had to eat out all the time. as the pool snacks was just burger and chips every day . we were not the only family dissatisfied . we will never book that chain of hotels again . a complaint has been logged with abta who are now dealing with it

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank David S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,723)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Just got back couple days ago from Bellevue Club in Alcudia, Majorca and i must say after reading some of the reviews here (prior to my visit) i was rather worried. Yet all was just spot on!! To be sincere as this was my first time ever all inclusive holiday i didn't know what to expect or imagine and i was impressed how all was coped with. Upon our arrival we (me and my boyfriend) were given a bigger room than we asked for and the staff at the reception was very polite, smiley and helpful even though it was Sunday and long after supposed closing hour! Next day we went around and about trying to familiarize ourselves with the complex which is fairly large:-) and we found out about the only put down of this lovely place: lots of mosquitos attacking mostly after sunset (yet not only)!! I guess it is probably the lake or the marshes around it where they come from and it was just a little thing that you could sort out with some sprays or bracelet. I assume that going slightly after the main season helped a lot with not so much queueing in the restaurants, yes there were queues but always within 5/10 mins you would get your turn. The variety of food and also the taste was superb, there wasn't a day me or my boyfriend would go hungry and eat the same thing! People mention the staff is rude? That is not true, only not all of them speak much English yet they try to help when approached. We didn't really mind the walk to the beach as we enjoy walking and even jogging yet it may be a bit far for some older people. Still there are quite a few swimming pools throughout so i believe there were people who didn't ever leave the complex. One lovely lady (Magda) from reception gave us a lot of advice as which trip to go for (as there are lots) and how to get to old town of Port d'Alcudia. Overall i admit we were sorry the holiday finished.....we truly had an awesome time!!! Thank you, Bellevue.

Room Tip: higher floors have less mosquitos:-))
2 Thank Hana D
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The apartments are shabby, smelly and dirty. The staff are rude and unhelpful, the area is full of mosquitoes. All inclusive is confined to one eating area and drinks are in plastic cups everywhere even in the Moroccan Bar. The food is cheap and the dinning area over crowded, tables are left uncleared for long periods while guests walk around looking for a table to eat at. Would not go back even if it was free.............

Room Tip: Don't go
2 Thank HotelInspector1951

Travelers are raving about these Port d'Alcudia hotels

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Returned yesterday from a fab week at the Bellevue on an all inclusive basis, must admit was a bit worried about reading a lot of the reviews but myself and my friend thought we had fantastic value, the food was lovely with a wide choice, especially liked the English breakfast and Paella. Overall for what we paid was over and above what we were expecting and would definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sarah O
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is shocking! First of all what you see in the brochure, forget that, you will get an old 1960 tenement block!! I paid for the room only for 5 of us, it cost £2900.00 for 2 weeks with Low Cost Holidays which is not cheap. We arrived during the night to 2 older men. They directed us to our room. We walked 15 minutes to the block, I could not believe it. It was a dump! The reception staff dont care, they are working with cheap holiday companies and you are only a number. The food is disgusting. Do Not go all inclusive as everywhere in the so called resort charges you. It only has one buffet bar for thousands of people. I hated every single day here and so did my children. There are no snacks at the pool bar and drinks are limited, depends if the machines are working. I could not name you one member of staff here. There are men walking all over the resort selling watches and crap, there is no security at all. Sleep? forget that, you wont get any as right outside your room you are guaranteed a fight , all shouting, couples fighting, boys arguing. Ultimate nightmare!!!! I read the reviews before I went and wished I had listened to them. 4 star? yeah right, more like no stars, the place is a dump!! So dont listen to anyone who says you get what you pay for, this dump should be free then. Never Again!!!!!!!!!!!P.S. there is no fitness centre, they just stuck that on to make the dump one star!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank zoebee039
Devon
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Before leaving for our holiday i read the reviews on here and was really worried and confused as they all differ!
So I wanted to write a review that I hope will help you make the most of your holiday!
My parents, myself and partner and our 10 month old daughter arrived at palma airport at 22:15 and got to the hotel at 11:45pm using A2B tranfers. Check in was swift ( tip one of you get of the bus and go straight to reception checkin desk and the other get the bags otherwise you could end up waiting a while.
We stayed in FEDRA 1 we booked a studio and had a 2 bed apartment same as my parents who where directly above us.
Apartment - clean spacious tv fresh towels basic but functional.
Cot was in the room and was fine. They changed towels 3 times and sheets 1 but didnt cclean the floor.
The pools where good we found Fedras quite busy so we went to the one behind Diana 1. The pool bars food is awful! chips and burgers but awful quality.
Food Hall -
Breakfast was good lots of choice something for everyone
Lunch - a bit hit and miss salads are good
Dinner - ok always had a choice and the desserts are lovely

Drinks - Beer is ok wine a bit hard to swallow but the spirits where strong!

Entertainment - for kiddies ok but for adults it was poor! Bingo caller said 62 do a poo!! lol at that point we decided it was time to go. The entertainment didnt start till 10pm for adults

The staff
We didnt have a problem if you are pleasant so are they, I have to say I witnessed some awful behaviour from the English so its no wonder they can appear abit off sometimes.

Mosquitos - I got bit about 15 times and that was good compared to alot of people i saw! I would suggest a net for kids and citronella. Also take piriton 1 week before you go seems to stop the reactions.

Places to eat outside bellevue
S'amfora stunning paella 24 euro for 2 very authentic also do traditional tapas and lovely sangria If you walk to the end of the strip and turn left its right in front of you.

Luna Grill - Lovely pork skewer but a bit pricey
Jolly Roger - family run great sunday afternoon rock band

Overall we had a lovely holiday beach absolutley amazing great for kids! I would go back to alcudia and possibly bellevue but I think i would book a villa and just shop at the lidl. I think as long as you go excepting 2-3 * hotel you will be ok. I would only go out of season as apparently its so hectic in school holidays!

Room Tip: I would request leda or minerva as they are closer to everything
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank lisnlee
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is the last day of our holiday as I type, a much needed break fro life and the kids :)
We have been to Majorca before, and saw bel view, it looked like a nice resort, and in effect it is... There are some 'buts' though
We were in Leda ( the name of the apt) on the top floor, which is what we asked for. What we didn't know was this faced the Main Street, and one of the main bars which has live music on most nights until around midnight. We were all inclusive.
This was fine, if not a little loud at times! Take that we're good...

If you are thinking of coming here, please read the reviews, some are a little OTT but do contain much truth to them.

Good bits -
Lets start here...
The complex is well maintained, clean and generally tidy to the sort of standard you would expect for 3star Spain.
The pool areas are good and well looked after (the residents are the ones who at times spoil this)
The meal venue's are clean and tidy, the staff friendly and helpful in the main
The complex is near to local bars, shops and a 5 min stroll to the beach, or you can get a boat for 3 euro return

The Bad -
Food, food, food, food! By day 5 you will be craving something nice to eat! All the cuts of meat are the poorest quality available, breakfast is by far the worst meal EVER. (Thankfully there is a bar yumyums across the road who have honed in on this fact, and offer a proper breakfast)
Now, we are not the sort of people not to try the local food, or something different, quite the opposite, it's a big part of our experience... But the food was awful, I cannot convey this point to anyone thinking of coming here enough...

HOWEVER!
You get what you pay for!
If you don't want the worry of feeding the kids every day, or paying for drinks, you can get buy here... You will not starve, or get ill, everything is as it should be from that perspective. It's just basic poor quality food.

Sun loungers and the pool - there needs to be some sort of agreement here... You cannot come down at 8 am and reserve 8 sun loungers by the pool for you and your extended family! That's what we saw people doing... There are not enough to go round, then mostly they sit there unused! Such is the mentality of people here....
We spent a few days by the quieter pools, then reverted to the beach... Which is a wonderful, tranquil stunning beach!

Entertainment - if you want to make the most of your all inclusive status, you will need to sit in the garden area, this a central area where you can get your drinks.. From 2 small bars. Expect to queue! And then queue again... Etc... The setup is appalling!
Self service here for beer and soft drinks would eliminate 99% of the frustration....

Nearly forgot the entertainment....
AWFUL.
The kids entertainment is dire! The entertainers are nice people, but what they do is repetitive to the point you watch one, the next day is EXACTLY the same, to a finale of 'superman' what kid these days knows of superman as a super hero!?
There was one good entertainer, well we found her entertaining... Here levels of sarcasm had obviously got the best of her, but for us, this was the absolute best bit! Some parents with smaller children did however, fail to see the funny side....

Bingo! All Brits abroad like this right? Of course we do...... Good job, it's on every night, and if you're really lucky, it's on twice!

Live acts - sometimes there is a live band on, some are good, some bad... Bit like a Spanish x-factor...
Last night was a west life tribute band!
They were applauded for every note in tune! And since when did west life cover Motown, take that, boy zone etc.... You get the idea.... They were enthusiastic mind! Sadly the star of the show was a little German fella who purchased a multi-coloured Mohican wig and proceeded to dance about to some Robbin Williams track westlife were performing (badly)

Street traders - nice friendly African lads, selling sunglasses, Rolex watches and general tat.
DON'T BUY ANYTHING! I cannot put it any plainer to you... Go to the local shops, they are cheaper!

NO AIR CON!

I think that about sums up my review

Did we have a good holiday, yes, I'd have rather been here with Cheryl cole than the wife, but we had a nice time all the same.
Was the holiday spoilt by the food and acommodation? To some extent yes, but we salvaged it by eating out! Lets face it, for what we paid to come we could afford the odd nice meal...
Would we come here again? No! We have been twice to Majorca, it's time to go somewhere else.

Would we recommend Majorca? YES it's a beautiful island, the beaches and sea are amazing
Would we recommend bel view? If you come with your eyes open, I don't think you will be disappointed!

Ooh., one last thing... Mosquitos...
They are a bit like UK working tax payers... You know they are in existence, but you never see one... Only the results of their hard work!

Take some repellant, if not.... They will get you.....

Hopefully you have found this useful, I've tried to be honest and balanced...
Once again, read the other reviews, the truth is out there....

Enjoy your holiday

5 Thank Andy S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'Alcudia
Sol Alcudia Center Apartamentos
Seaclub Mediterranean Resort
Seaclub Mediterranean Resort
#10 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,335 reviews

Been to BelleVue Club? Share your experiences!